WTF happened to Honey Nut Cheerios?

I'm not a big cereal eater anymore, but this was one of my favorites. Bought a box recently and it's absolutely nothing like what I remember. Are my rose-tinted glasses fooling me or were cheerios actually different 10 years ago?

I remember them being really glossy and darker than normal cheerios, the texture was part of the reason why I loved them. I read they're gluten free now, but that doesn't explain the coating (or lack thereof)? Where's my fucking honey?

This is what they look like now, the pic in my OP is how I remember them

The coating was chemicals and sugar, should be happy that they dont have the sheen anymore.

Fuck that, it was delicious. I don't care if it gives me cancer. Dumb health-oriented General Mills, y'all ruined the one thing that made life worth living.

They always tasted like cardboard with a dusting of sugar to me. Never liked them much.

That one really long cheerio in the middle of the bowl is freaking me out

Maybe you were eating like
Multigrain Cheerios or some off brand frosted Cheerios

Thank you for pointing this out, gave me a good laugh

I thought that's what the original post was referred to at first.

in 2006 they stopped using real almonds and started using an almond flavor substitute .

No dude it's legit honey nut cheerios
FUCKIN WHY
>While this product used to be made with actual nuts, as of 2006, the nuts were discontinued, and natural flavor, from peach and apricot pit, is used instead.

Don't stone fruit pits contain cyanide?

Because almonds are fuckin' expensive and stone fruit pit extract tastes exactly the same.

you would have to eat dozens of pounds of pits, apple seeds, and anything else containing cyanide to actually get sick, let alone die from it.

>Don't stone fruit pits contain cyanide?
Yes but peach and apricot pits have a relatively low amount compared to cherry pits. They use apricot pits to make amaretto even tho it is advertised as an almond flavored liquer

I noticed that too. They used to be my favorite, but now I never get them.

Yeah, but none of those bowls of cheerios gave me a disease.

this right here is the best part of the bowl

These cheerios are dry
These cheerios are wet with milk

Did you try putting milk on them op?

do i eat it or fuck it?

Same thing that happened to kfc gravy.

How would you fuck it? It's too big to fit inside and too wide for anyone to get any friction.

>I read they're gluten free now
The Cheerios products were always gluten-free, but the products were made in a facility where other gluten products were being processed. Last year, the company decided to clean their facilities and separate those gluten-free cereals from the rest of their lineup. Has nothing to do with taste, but simply a common-sense solution.

t. fag who actually reads his cereal boxes

They should bring back Millenios. They don't have to have the old name or 2 shapes, but I really liked them. They were brown sugar flavored. Still have a few of the pennies at my dad's apartment in a box of foreign and uncommon/rare coins.