Furst time at skyline chili, ask me anything

Furst time at skyline chili, ask me anything

go to bed evan

Age that dad left home?

It's 3pm lmao
My dad never left, I love him :3

How did you like it? It may sound weird but next time ask for some ketchup and try it with it, I like it a lot.

lol I told them I was from Vegas and they gave me a gift bag
It tastes pretty good, I've never had this style of chili before, it tastes like how those Christmas pine cones smell

Lmao I love this pamphlet
Just finished up and left, great service and good food, solid.

>it tastes like how those Christmas pine cones smell

It has cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa. I hope you ordered the 5-way.

>it tastes like how those Christmas pine cones smell

>what did he mean by this

I got the 4 way with beans, by the time we got out the door I had 3 free chili dogs lol

Which location is this?

nice dubs, pup

Right off the 271, mayfield road

Thanks hubby

Did you murderize it with tobasco like I do with my cincy chili?

I'm from Cincinnati and miss having chili places close by. There's a gold start like twenty minute from me at least.

The person who invented this is from the same part of Greece as my grandparents. Macedonian pride!

Cincinnatifag here. I had no idea they gave these out to 'first timers'. Pretty cool.

I agree with the Christmas pine cone assessment of Skyline. It's not bad, but I prefer Gold Star chili, which is a little less sweet and has less cinnamon than Skyline.

Glad you liked it!

is it better than steak n shake?

I can certainly tell you it was better than his steak 'n' shake experience last night....

Why would you go to this place and eat this?

fuck yea, I lived in cincy for about 1 year and miss skyline. It's too bad that everyone else thinks the concept is disgusting making it hard to expand

because its one of the least conspicuous ways for an Ohio native to kill themselves for being born in Ohio

the OP is a Californian who lives in Vegas

Thanks for using a tripcode you retarded faggot, makes it easier to filter your buttfucking ass

laughing SO HARD at Ted from Akron

>Cincinnatifag here
>I prefer Gold Star

hmmm...

Nice dubs...odd to see you here as your Veeky Forums...is it as good as it looks? Did you get the chili cheese dog? If you did, was it good?
I can only get chili cheese dogs from DQ, and although they are quite good, these do look better desu...

Cincinnati chili has a totally different flavor profile than normal chili, so if you're expecting a normal chili cheese dog, you're going to be disappointed.

>you're going to be disappointed.
Thats too bad, the pics make it look so good...

i've tried making this at home using canned Stagg chili, De Cecco spaghetti pasta, and freshly shredded cheddar. didn't taste the same as Skyline.

:(

I ate at a Skyline for the first time in August while I was at a conference in Columbus.

I thought it was a fast food joint where you order at the counter, due to the fact that they all have a drive-thru, so when I walked in I was immediately confused. This was exacerbated by the fact that it was around 3:00 p.m. and I was the only one there.

I waved to a waitress and asked if I seat myself, to which she replied yes. It was extremely awkward. I ended up ordering the chili and spaghetti with cheese and onion, which I think is a three way, and a side order of garlic bread.

My food was brought quickly, and the waitress asked me if I needed a bib. I thought she was joking, but apparently she wasn't. I declined the bib.

The garlic bread was pretty good, but the chili thing was both absurd and not really that great. I regularly order the Chili Mac Supreme at Steak n Shake, which shits all over the Skyline version. The latter was extremely bland, the chili having a taste that I can only describe as bitter.

I left feeling bad for people who don't have access to Steak n Shake.

Cincyfag here. The thing that you have to understand is that Cincinnati chili is a topping, not a dish.

>a taste that I can only describe as bitter.

And people will tell me with a straight face they prefer it over gold star.

No I don't really like spicy stuff, I'm white.

yeah man, it tastes like they chucked a couple of those holiday pine cones in there lmao, it wasn't bad but it really shocked me, wasn't what I was expecting at all flavor wise.

I like them both, different styles but both were good.

This is certainly true.

I live in las vegas, on a road trip cross country.

I'm done with Veeky Forums desu, it's just a bunch of bus riders and weebs, nobody there actually does anything.

The store I went too was completely empty at the same time, it was really odd, service was excellent tho.

>My dad never left, I love him :3

Did you get bullied off of Veeky Forums?

no, I just posted there a couple days ago, mods deleted it instantly tho

What's with the noodles on top of everything? Why aren't there noodles on top of those oyster crackers? Would they put noodles on top of the oyster crackers if I asked?

Any place in san diego that sells the 3 way?
Or am screwed and have to wait til I visit?

thats cheese you retard.

I'm sure there's a Greek place that sells Cincinnati style chili somewhere in San Diego. If not, you can get the Skyline stuff canned or frozen, and while it's obviously not as good as the restaurants', it's not half bad either.

This shit looks so bad, honestly
I have a question, how much cinnamon is in the meat sauce?

mm looks like a great way 2 get constipated

>Italian pasta
>South American "sauce"
>Cincinnati" style
Americans ...

fucking tripfag cancer

>that watery diarrhea shit at he bottom of the dish

this is what Northerns call chili

>hot sauce on an oyster cracker
Do flyovers really consider this a delicacy?

I havent been to skyline since I moved but I don't remember it tasting like the pine cones, Ill have to keep that in mind next time I try it.

That looks so fucking gross

The nomenclature is the issue here. Calling it "chili" when it bears little resemblance to what is considered chili in the rest of the country. Reading the description here puts it in context. It's not chili at all, it's a Greek immigrant's riff on a pasta dish from his childhood, adapted for American tastes. At that time in Ohio a restaurant that featured pasta, especially a Greek take on it would have been way too much of a stretch for the locals to wrap their heads around. But places featuring chili and hot dogs were common. So by calling his pasta sauce chili - which was the common American food it most closely resembled - he turned what was a pretty exotic dish for the region into a local favorite.

The problem is that in other parts of the country opinions about chili are passionately held, and the definition of what the dish is becomes much more narrow. Calling it chili totally worked in Ohio, but it seems like a joke in places like Texas.

>From: Bouctttttleg
who?

First time I had Skyline, I thought it was gross.

Then, someone told me to look at it like a meat sauce rather than chili and the next time I went, it was a lot better.

Their hot dogs are straight trash though.

This is it exactly. It's chili in name only. If you think of it as a trashy fast food take on Greek pasta with meat sauce it makes a lot more sense. Because that's what it is.

>Bibs - They're not just for little ones. Our bibs are a tradition with our regulars and they are worn with pride. It's a symbol of the exceptional care you get when you visit our restaurant.

Yeah, no. Hard pass, thank you.

What a classy establishment.