I just found fly eggs on a slice of pizza in my fridge

Do I have to throw everything out now?

It's just extra protein

No but really, will the cold have killed them or will I get worms if I accidentally eat them?

No you eat it dumdum

I hope you do

Eating the pizza is worth the maggots

When was the last time you opened your fridge before today?
I feel like this is a personal problem

It was shitty thin-crust pepperoni from pizza hut. I have a feeling the eggs were laid before the box got put in the fridge. It's been in there 2 days.

Literally a couple hours ago. See above

Unless it's not freezing, cold doesn't really kill, it just slows down growth.
And these eggs will die in your meaty acid pit as they lack the protective layer parasite eggs feature.

Thanks /an/, I'm good then?

not worth the risk in my opinion. think about it user, would you want to spend a whole week shitting yourself and puking? or just spend a single night hungry? think about it.

Looks like rice on a bit of tomato chutney or something. Fly eggs are much smaller.

Are you actually tucking kidding me right now. You found fly eggs on a pizza and you're still considering eating it? What the fuck is wrong with you clean your fucking house/fridge

No you fucking tard, I specifically asked if I had to throw away everything else in the fridge as well. Of course I tossed the pizzam Not everything is a goddamn meme post you child.

how long was the pizza out and in what kind of environment? it is unfathomable to me that this could occur in a first world country, unintentionally.

The pizza was out maybe 20 minutes before I put it in the fridge. I live in SoCal. It might have been there when it was delivered.

i found maggots in my kitchen garbage a few weeks ago. i bleached the shit out of the entire can.

Do you guys believe in spontaneous generation? Why would the presence of fly eggs on pizza in the fridge indicate any further contamination?

don't throw it out. place the eggs inside your foreskin and keep em warm until they hatch. soon you will have an army of flies to command as you wish.

This

just like aquaman. smegma man

>American
>foreskin

Pick one

Shitting it is then

>gets tapeworms and dies a shitty, slow, excruciating death

>that watermark

Let the pizza sit on the counter for a little bit
Wait for the maggots to hatch
[spoiler]Shove them all into your uretha.[/spoiler]

As someone who has some actual common sense on this thread, THROW THE WHOLE MOTHERFUCKER OUT

You need to take better care of repackaging your food if you want to save it for later. If you find something like this when you get your food, make a call to the restaurant and tell them about it. Bring up health regulation if you must.

>As someone who has some actual common sense on this thread
I don't always verbally masterbate, but yeah, yeah I do.

That's pretty common. Of the 3 pizza places I worked at, 2 of them had a fly-egg-check you had to go through before taking the pizza out. Evidently, flies are really super fast at laying eggs. I'm not sure why they are there in the first place since they need a certain odor in the air to want to lay eggs on something. That odor is specific to something starting to rot. Thus, there's something in the ingredients that is off.

Regardless, of all my jobs the ones working in the food industry has taught me one very important lesson. Grow, raise, and make your own food.

Nah you can eat them, stomach acid will dissolve them and you get extra protein.

Rice is just what I thought, though Google reverse search shows it's musca domesrica larvae I think. OP pic has been memeing since at least 2005.

Fucking disgusting eitherway, wtf is basmati phobia in Latin?

>Looks like rice on a bit of tomato chutney or something. Fly eggs are much smaller.
Are you just ignoring the fucking pencil tip added for reference? Those things are tiny as fuck, mate.

this thread makes me want to kill myself

I've been browsing Veeky Forums on and off for 10 years but not once have i seen that image.

Looks like rice to me.
Dig in!

YES. throw it all out. it's not fucking worth it. and bleach the entire fucking fridge, too.

Not fucking worth what?

Flies can't live in fridge temps. It's obvious the pizza must have had the eggs laid on it while it was outside the fridge. Why would you think that it was even possible for that kind of contamination to spread inside the fridge?

logic and reason don't apply when people get triggered user.