Tfw when I just realized Veeky Forums was right about CS being a meme degree

>tfw when I just realized Veeky Forums was right about CS being a meme degree
Pic semirelated

To be honest that greentext sounds like a fabricated story.

What the heck? This is straw-man. CS has nothing to do with you being deficient in interpersonal skills.

Have you ever visited the CS dept of your university?

A-user...

WHO THE FUCK SCREENSHOTTED MY POST

How have the last four months treated you

>implying there's a difference between CS, engineering, and hard science/math academia

You're going to be miserable unless you major in business.

Let's just say I still have nothing better to do than spend all my time on Veeky Forums to the point where I somehow found someone posting a screenshot of my own post.

Even better, Information systems. In the uni I go to, information systems is in the school of business (they specifically call it "informatics," but information systems is a more universally accepted term). Business firms, schools, hospitals, and government offices all use information systems in some way. So, it is a very versitile degree path.

this. also some people don't even get to make bank after pissing their life away in front of a computer.

>Let's just say I still have nothing better to do than spend all my time on Veeky Forums
Could be worse. I do this and I'm broke.

I don't see how'd he be any less of an autistic loner without a CS degree. He'd just be a poor autist instead of a rich autist.

OP's pic sounds like my ideal life, no bullshit from other people, just myself and my cash

Hey OP

Aspiring CS grad here, 2nd year currently 4.0, few to no friends, most social interaction is studying with classmates, should I continue or what

How do I save myself before its too late and be rich

Continue. You think you'll magically get friends because you're poor? It's better to be rich and have no friends than to be poor and have no friends.

ez plan for you my friend
>get Veeky Forums
>become batman

I think his thinking was that if he'd done a normie degree like Business or Marketing he'd eventually be molded in their image
Probably not a correct conclusion. It might even be worse because he would be even more of an outcast there
OP is right in that CS and Engineering is something outsiders do to assign value to themselves because they know they'll never make it shaking hands and smiling.
But, those are the cards he was dealt.

Your first mistake was picking your degree based on what makes money, not what you find fun
>go to uni
>meet more people that are just as shut-in as me
>make a few great friends
>afterwards, get a job where I'm overpaid for a bit of programming

Just go do something else or work for a different company. I know that feel of being certain nothing you do will make you even moderately happy but youre probably a coward like everyone else so suicide isnt happening any time soon. Its better to be miserable while trying to scenarios in the vague hope it will make you happy.

>tfw that is literally me except I make shit money

You could literally replace CS with anything else in that post. What's your point (beside memeing of course)?

I agree but OP didn't mention that he hated CS, though. He might be doing something he loves and still feels depressed. I think the lesson we should take from OP's story is that even though working hard and giving something 100 percent is a good thing, you shouldn't do it at the expense of social relations. People become aware of the fact that they've taken their friends and family for granted when it's too late. My advice to OP would be to build on what he has, though. He's more fortunate than others in that he's financially stable; he should use that opportunity to relax and try and reconnect socially, starting with family. Speak to your siblings and parents even if it might come at the cost of some pride or discomfort.

No you are only partially correct. I strain myself from replying to meaninglessness but here i go.

Hes sad since he has no meaning in anything what he initualy thought he would have (meaning he doesnt really like understand what hes doing and was manipulated)

This intern brought him the will of thought of selfcontemplation and he finaly realised hes just a replacable but expensive tool in this state.

Now when he found that what he didint like at the start brings him no joy he wants to return in a simple hedonistical state due to his weak integrety. If he was truely capabel he would renounce love and evrything be exactly the same as he is now but renounce hedonism aswell since its just as absolut as doing 1 thing.

Except the pic he posted very strongly implies the guy hates his job ("waaaaah I'm just working my ass off wor a multi billion dollar company" instead of "lol these retards are paying me for shit I'd do in my free time anyway")
Though to be fair I don't know how you manage to not even go to lunch with your co-workers. That suggests mental illness instead of focusing on the job

Its sad that the guy somewhat liked his job at the start then finaly realised he flunked up.

Hes probably someone with a IQ not higher than 150.

I don't think there are many majors/careers out there that don't involve being an ultimately negligible cog in the great machine that is the social/corporate world. If you care about money, it's much more often than not going to necessitate that you bow your head and toe the line. If this really is the crux of OP's fears then he was simply misinformed about the way the world works.

Preetymuch only other way for you to be your own man (thats a lie but closes aproximation) is for you to be a mathematician/physicist somewhere in the jungles of congo with a iq of 300+ or just not being here.

Real OPs case is cause he was satisfied he didint question.

>not doing your 10hour homework 2 days before
>not cramming for half a terms material the night before your exam
>not passing by CS with a B- while still getting pussy and drinking every weekend

University is for partying.

don't you have any family you can contact?

statistically untrue, but also this story is about someone who decided to ignore social issues either to focus on studying or by using studying as an excuse to pay it no attention

>a IQ
sub 100

If you're that good at CS, just start your own corporation. Too many people think they have to wageslave when they are perfectly capable of the entrepenural life.

Dude. Leave your company and start your own. It's the only way for somebody like you to be happy.

Most of them are normal guys with a couple of very loud turboautists but that's just everything STEM.

ok, I have registered a corporation
now what?

Are there any problems that people would pay you to solve? Could you help businesses to make more money, or to cut costs, or improve employee morale? People pay top dollars for all of those things, you just have to go out and either
a) Fix something that nobody else is fixing
or
b) Fix something that other people are also fixing, but do it better/cheaper/faster/easier/simpler

'a' is the autist way of doing business, and 'b' is the Chad way of doing business. Apple didn't invent anything new, they just did something better. Same with Facebook, same with Google. It's a sad fact that many of the true innovators do not make the money they could/should, simply because they have poor marketing, or make things too hard for normies.

For example, I'm thinking of starting a normie-friendly open source/privacy/security consulting firm.

Or you can simply study CS and get some nerd friends to spend free time with and a waifu to love as well.

uni is for socially well-adjusted but average people to become smarter, and for smart people to become socially well-adjusted

This. I fucked up not doing that and studying a bunch of irrelevant shit (double major) instead.

I can get OP's pic, but you can't throw or regret getting education over making friends, you can't go " why did I study this shit instead of meeting girls "

Studying and learning something new is essistinal to human life, just like eating and drinking. But it shouldn't be the main objective of your life. And that's the depressing part, we probably will keep eating, drinking, sleeping, working and learning( the minimum requirement to live) and then die alone with life that was the main purpose of it is to keep us alive.

>s-spending all your time alone with books has nothing to do with interpersonal skills!

>only cs students have to spend time alone with books

this is at least the second time you have seen your own post been posted
dont be coy user ive seen you before

user I literally swear on my entire life that I did not post the OP. You could have checked the number of posters at the beginning of the thread but whatever. I have indeed seen it being posted multiple times, and I'm not being coy and have never reposted it myself. I'm not THAT mentally ill. Well I am, but I didn't do that.

Yup

Why do you people keep screenshotting my posts, I have no idea who you are

I think I will stop posting anything about myself here, you people are creepy

Oh sweetie you can't escape from me

lmao his mistake was being a cuck, not majoring in cs. besides half of you memekids going on about how much better you are for choosing physics or math is going to end up as code monkeys anyway (other half becomes teachers).
>get a bit better at math, learn a bit more theoretical cs, learn some more algs, learn more about AI and ML
Oh, it's not even real.

I have seen that same screencap posted on Veeky Forums (stemfags are miserable amirite) and /r9k/

Go into academia, work on a phd

You have the money to live user, that's more than enough most of us can say for ourselves. You should relax and dedicate time to going to the gym and learn about talking to other people instead of spending all your time on the computer.
You should go on /sig/.

I've got a script running on Veeky Forums to identify individual posters. You're number #976

Whats mine

like Silicon valley

This doesn't seem to be caused by CS rather other problems in anons life.

Talk to people and go to the gym.
Maybe even do both, you can get a natty physique, meet some brehs, and get the other physiological benefits of exercise.

Your post was not long enough to ID you by your writing style

how can you confirm that you are IDing the right people? how can you decide when someones writing style is different enough that you should add a new ID? sounds like a bunch of sqrt(2) bullshit to me

ok show me some posts that i posted? seems like all the data is really in reposting images with the same name. do you analyse the images themselves for anything other than size and name?

you think people on Veeky Forums could connect the dots when they're part of an elaborate ruse

POSTER IDENTIFIED FAGGOT CONFIRMED

well we found out you don't actually have a bot to find out who people are, which i what i suspected to begin with. so who really got rused?

Top fucking kek. Analyze my post user. I post on this board all the time, I can assure you I'm not a huge faggot. What's my number?

as someone who has been both rich and poor and had periods with friends and periods with no friends, i can assure you, it's all the goddamn same, no matter what happens you suffer and you die in the end just like everyone else

hella normies in cs

Kurwa mać co za debil

>uh a-actually i-it was me rusing you

I got into CS expecting classes full of fat neckbeards animefaggots but they are only the 20%.
Almost everyone has a retarded obsession with vidya though.

> Do everything alone

I know that feeling bro. I have been doing the same since I started collegue (computer engineering), every time I felt sad or disappointed I just keep studying. Now I have a good job but I have noticed that money doen't make me happy and I have lost lot of things.

He's a brainlet. Degree doesn't matter, he will suffer anyway.

>friends
If you're a sociowhore, don't touch STEM, learn arts, go to management position, salesman, entrepreneur, shit like that, don't even fucking think about STEM, we're full.

This guy must go to a shit school if they're handing out A+'s like that. Since they don't affect your GPA, they should be rare to the point that luck is almost a requirement to achieve one. They're novelties, after all.

t. freshman kid that sits alone at the back of the class and think hes better than everyone

LMAO, I will honestly never understand why Veeky Forums calls CS a meme degree while they're majoring in natural sciences (physics, chem, bio...). People with engineering and computer science degrees have a lot more job security than people with a natural science degree.

it really is a small community here isnt it

Your story reminds me of myself, which is frightening. I have no friends, no family. Only my quest. But I feel so weary. I could abandon my pursuit of career to devote all of my energies towards finding a woman and starting a family but how can I manage a family without a career? I'm banking on establishing a stable job and then trying to start a family but I'll be in my 30's by then. No matter what I do, my options look grim.