Why didn't Harry end up with Hermione Veeky Forums? Memes aside...

Why didn't Harry end up with Hermione Veeky Forums? Memes aside, they were clearly a better match for an adult relationship than either were with Ginny or Ron.

Other urls found in this thread:

philanthropicpeople.com/profiles/j-k-rowling/
web.archive.org/web/20120204160630/http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ultimate_betrayal
charlottelennox.livejournal.com/1150.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because she was black

I love the Harry Potter series but whenever I think about it now I just get depressed. I look a little like Harry, always have (which people have pointed out) and a year or so ago I met the cutest girl I've ever seen and she looked a lot like Hermione. I never made a move and it still haunts me.

Pack it up boys we got it figured out.
In all seriousness, I hate it how Rowling seems to on a weekly basis retcon her series to draw attention to it. Like if Hermione had been black to begin with I wouldn't have cared, but goingbd back and changing things for the sake of doing so is just attention seeking

Checked

Sorry to hear that man, has that shipped sailed or could you possibly tell her how you feel now?

She didn't say she was black, she just said "well TECHNICALLY I never said she wasn't"

Shit like this really makes me feel like she used a ghost writer. Especially in the last 2-3 books. She's seems like the kinda person to sit back and just knit pick and alter

Sailed several months ago. We worked in the same building (not the same company) but she quit her job towards the end of last year. I'm exhausted these days and look more like Snape than Harry, and will probably end up looking like Wormtail within a few years. I'm just too autistic and broken for romantic love, even though I really do cherish the idea of being in love and acting in a romantic manner. Such is life I guess. It's weird that I'll never see her again. It's like that weird feeling you get when you look into someone's eyes and feel like you've known them for decades, or were fated to meet them or something. I rarely experience that but with her my pupils just dilated and my heart went haywire when I saw her. She is from an upper class background however and at the time we first "met" I was interviewing for other jobs and feeling very depressed. It almost wouldn't have been fair to flirt with her and convince her to like me only to trap her in my rather squalid existence. I'm sure she'll meet some upper class guy who is better educated, more lively, more sociable etc than me and marry, have kids, do cute things together etc. Although it sounds pretty pathetic to say it I actually hope she's doing well, even though we never got to know each other. I just sense she was a pretty sensitive, shy person in much the same way I am and perhaps finds / found it hard to really enjoy life as most do. I'm probably over-thinking it and of course I'll have to move on, but getting over something doesn't mean that thing doesn't take something from you that you'll never get back. Thanks for reading my blog and be sure to like and subscribe :)

>write a book about an awkward boy with a shitty childhood
>make fun of those people on twitter
Hmmm

Yeah, that really bugs the hell out of me. She could do so many productive things with her fame, but instead she just camps twitter all damn day

Sorry I hear that user, hope things get better! You know if she's still in your city, it's never too late to reconnect. Shoot her Facebook message or text and catch up. Maybe it won't go anywhere, but I guarantee you'll feel better no matter what the end result is

She tweets a few times a day, it would take up just minutes of her time at the most.

Why not the sweetest girl?

it would be lame

Ron and Hermione is cute :3

philanthropicpeople.com/profiles/j-k-rowling/
>J.K. Rowling is no longer a billionaire—because she donated so much money to charity.

>have 1 billion pounds
>donate 1 pence

woah

>160 million pounds is 1 pence

dude... 0_o

When did you last give away 16% of your net worth? She could give away more but you seem to be just looking for nits to pick.

She's just jumping on the diversity bandwagon that hit full steam around 2013 or so.

She simply regrets writing a novel with an all-white heterosexual cast because that's evil now.

You mean like Daniel redcliff? Post pic pls

Ps: I'm a faggot

Shut up, shit-taste cunt.

Wasn't J.K. Rowling concerned about all the people shipping Harry/Hermione, and deliberately made them NOT together because of it? I read that somewhere.

>hermione has a white name and comes from a time when england was near 95% white (before 1997)
>mentions hermiones pale white face in book 3
>every piece of art that jk draw herself has hermione as white
>all book art has hermione as white
>lol I never said she was white

God I hate her.

That's interesting. There were plenty of Harry/Ginny shippers at the time but I think Harry/Hermione shippers were more toxic and they also had NC-17 communities, which Rowling did/does not like.

Harry should have ended up with Luna instead of that slag. Best girl by a mile.

Holy fuck, this. Harry/Luna is top tier, and they even have that great moment at the end of Order Of The Phoenix that could have been a jumping-off point for a deeper relationship between them.

Luna is kind of frustrating because she's set up pretty brilliantly as a character, arguably the best that Rowling does in the series, and then it seems to all fizzle out by the end.

Harry was not even close to being on her level.

>tfw seeing her all grown up

Old wounds open. I don't know why. I never liked Ginny, she changed a lot and it didn't convince me, it felt forced. Maybe I saw it wrong, maybe they were just friends.

>What are tax breaks
I'm sure she just gave away all of that money out of the goodness of her heart.

Ginny was a slut to be honest

I can't live comfortable for the rest of my life on 84% of my net worth.
Hell, I can't even do that on 100% of my net worth.
JK Rowling could live the rest of her life in luxury on 1% of her net worth, but she's greedy and only gave away 16%.

>the rich should just give away all their excess money

hmmm

Even though I knew they were not going to end up together because Ron/Hermione was too obvious, I cried. I was very young when the last book came up, like 12.

Never said anything of the sort.
But JK giving away 16% of her wealth means shit all as it doesn't affect her lifestyle.

nobody likes ron

thats a fact

Ron always seemed like that one friend you keep around just for some company and occasional laughs. He was very rarely actually useful. I remember him actually being very annoying in the later half of the series.

The Ron and Hermoine romance was established as far back as the fourth book, if not earlier.

Hermoine mothers both of the other characters but Ron's school yard hair pulling of Hermoine was absolutely an indicator that they were supposed to secretly like each other.

This is solidfied when Hermoine starts sucking Russian dick to make Ron jealous and is annoyed when he wont's just ask her out. Why Hermoine likes Ron back I have no idea but its probably got something to do with "opposites attracting".

Granted the fourth book also solidified that Ron is raging homosexual who is confused about his affections towards Harry and Russian dick and thinks that it what he is looking for can be found in Hermoine. Now they have 3 kids and Ron has no job because he's an idiot so Hermoine has to drink wine just to get through the day. To make matters worse he's probably terrible in bed both because he's gay but also because his only good friend who he still has that fucks in married his sister so he can't get advice on how to please Hermoine, making her more frustrated. What none of his friends know is that he cast a sleeping spell on Gina and took her hair for a polyjuice potion so he can visit Harry all night. Harry can't understand why Gina only wants anal when he is staying over at the Weasley's. Ron tries to justify it saying that its not him, he's Ginny.

Pic somewhat related, NSFW

does ron not get a pussy when shapeshifted into a girl?

He would, but he's trying to feel closer to Harry, as his true self

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it felt like he went from comic relief to annoying dickhead at some point in the series

I kekd so hard with that image
Also you guys are fucking up my childhood. They're supposed to be humans

>>When did you last give away 16% of your net worth?
relative numbers are useless here, stick to absolute

You can be human and be in a loveless marriage due to misunderstood homosexuality

Harmony would be ok if the fans weren't completely batshit. Harmonians are scum.

This 2bh familia.

I actually have a whole folder of cringeworthy Harmonian shit from back when I was still active in HP fandom.

I actually hate Draco/Hermione more as a ship but the Harry/Hermione fags came up with the craziest conspiracy theories. They pretty much tore the fandom apart. They died down after getting BTFO so hard but now all bad shippers for newer fandoms are born from their rotting flesh.

>the craziest conspiracy theories
Like?

ron was such a shitty character she bailed and thought she could make him relevant in the last few books by pairing him up with the witch cutie

It occurs to me that Rowling is basically every Veeky Forums poster who claims they have "great ideas but can't write." Or she's only one or two steps beyond those people. She created a world and characters that have all these great ideas behind them, but the execution of those ideas wound up being incredibly shitty, especially by the end.

Sage

So is this the thread where Veeky Forums finally breaks and admits that the Harry Potter books, though mediocre in their writing style, have a comfy cozy little universe with memorable characters?

More like a discussion of why the characters broke halfway through the series

Are they meant to be happy? How has the artist drawn such an expressionless couple?
Why is it giving me feels

See the spoiler text to see why Ron barely looks at her

This. Serveral passages in the books indicate hermoine is white. And that same movie i also heard wont have a ginger ron weasley. If a black character were cast as a whitey thered be a shitstorm

Ok. When did younlast give away 160 million pounds?

post some then

>Harry/Hermione represent James/Lily and Ron is equivalent to Snape. Therefore Ron/Hermione is doomed to never happen.
>Ron and Ginny are both practitioners of incest and their parents are brother and sister. Hence all the gingers.
>Rowling wanted it to end on Harry/Hermione but the Ron/Hermione fans threatened her life and she was forced to give in to their demands
>Ginny actually love potioned Harry even though the potion has to be consistently provided. Harry stays in love with Ginny when she isn't even around him to slip the possible potion.
>All the books were actually building up to a Harry/Hermione endgame and the Ron/Hermione was just thrown in as a red herring. HP6 was just there to trick the reader!
>The 19 Years Later epilogue is all a joke and Rowling will release a new book showing the TRUE ending of Harry/Hermione.

Draco/Harry is a good ship tho. Drarry 4 lyf.

dullest franchise

Thats some top tier shit.

While /pol/ tries to weaponise their autism, tumblr creates great works of art with it.

Pic related, the author's own conception of the characters' appearance.

It's for tax purposes. For the very rich it's often cheaper to literally give the money away than to keep it and pay tax. See also: Bill Gates.

hagrid is a big guy

When Rowling implied the Harmonians were delusional in some interview, they just made up theories about how she was just trying to mislead her fanbase. Other Harmonians took it as an insult and wrote ridiculously long essays in their livejournals about how Rowling was a horrible person and how they would threaten to refund or even BURN their HP merchandise as a "fuck you" to her. They also said HP6 and HP7 weren't written by Rowling but some imposter because Romione happened even though all the rest of the books had been "building up" Harmony.

Rowling has a very kind of Disney-esque conception of what a witch or a wizard should look like, doesn't she? The movies have a more original aesthetic, to their credit.

This is not tumblr. It happened before tumblr existed. It's ancient livejournal and HP forum crap but it was probably even more vicious than anything nowadays.

Yeah. There were Harmonian shits who also thought Daniel and Emma were dating in real life but they couldn't make it public because they believed the evil Romione bogeyman would destroy the actors.

What? How do you think taxes work?

The Harmonyfags sent Rowling loads of hate mail and made lots of angry posts on their blogs. It was fucking hilarious.

One of the most memorable went something like this:

>I am so very disappointed. How could you do this? You BETRAYED us! Ever since Harry and Hermione met in Philosopher's Stone, I thought the two were made for each other. I waited years and years for the two to finally get together but then you had her end up with Ron! The boy she never liked and had no chemistry with! That romance came out of nowhere. Why did you give Harry and Hermione so much bonding time? And don't tell me it's friendship!

>I am sorry Miss Rowling but I hope you suffer for your terrible choices and missed opportunities. I am refunding my copy of Deathly Hallows and no longer calling myself a Harry Potter fan. My life is ruined forever.

The Harmonians actually started calling themselves "Delusional and proud". No joke.

Harry/Hermione bullshit, Draco worship and Ron hate is so normalized within the HP fandom because of the psychos. You can just tell who to stay away from if they express any of those opinions.

There's also the people who have never read the books but think that because of the trash movies and fandom memes.

these bitches then became the tumblrinas we know right?
so, this is what happened to them?

Shit, you're right.

>H-Hr

Oh god, I am getting Vietnam flashbacks

Don't forget the infamous "Ginny is a slut" wars,

I don't get why so many people here even tolerate the Harmony cancer

Even before Rowling started work on DH, a lot of the Harmony shippers demanded she turn over the writing duty to one of the big name Harmony fanfiction authors because they knew she would make Ron/Hermione endgame after what happened HBP. They started a petition and everything.

Most Harmonians were beta males. Most 4channers are beta males. They self-insert onto Harry or something.

>a lot of the Harmony shippers demanded she turn over the writing duty to one of the big name Harmony fanfiction authors because they knew she would make Ron/Hermione endgame

Are you fucking kidding me? How does Harry Potter have the worst fan base ever?

>petition
Lmao, Harmonyfags made a lot of those. Here's another one from the fuckers:
web.archive.org/web/20120204160630/http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ultimate_betrayal

It's sad how many of the batshit things they said and did have been lost to time. We have to dig pretty deep for the hilarities and a lot of it wasn't archived either.

They also say Ron was slipping Hermione love potion. They love to demonize the Weasleys into being an evil, racist, incestuous cult.

For anyone with a lot of time on their hands, possibly the most dramatic story of early-ish HP fandom, including the bitter feuding between shippers (but so much more):

charlottelennox.livejournal.com/1150.html

>ultimate_betrayal

Nowadays shippers are pussies. Obsessed with trigger warnings, safe spaces and they only fight online. Back in the Harry Potter days, people would troll each other in real life and punch each in the face other over shipping preferences.

>Cassandra Claire
She managed to scam laptops out of people and is now a successful author. I love HP fandom.

Of course, she's a Harmonian.

>Otherwise, we have no choice but to ban Book 7 when it comes out. As the millions of Harry/Hermione shippers are the only "true" fans of the Harry Potter book series, this action will seriously affect books sales, and will undoubtedly force Bloomsbury and Scholastic to reconsider any future Harry Potter publications.

W H A T T H E F U C K

I'm surprised /pol/ hasn't resurrected this meme. Didn't date the black guy?

>will undoubtedly force Bloomsbury and Scholastic to reconsider any future Harry Potter publications.
>future Harry Potter publications.
>book 7

They sound like Saturday morning cartoon villains lmao

and then remember these became sjws later

Did she do that? I thought the theater production made her black and she just rolled with it.

I believe this is how it went down.

Also, for anyone interested, there were a number readers who pictured Hermione black before the movies came out, which also pre-dates "SJWs", race-reverse fan casting, or anythings like that.

she stated "i never said hermoine wasnt black", which is bullshit because in the books it mentions she is white

There's only one real answer to this question. Rowling wrote her shitty epilogue before writing the books. By the time she had to write book 6, she realized that she had spent almost zero time developing the romances that needed to happen in order for the epilogue to make sense. So that's why Ron/Hermione, and to a greater extent Harry/Ginny felt rushed and practically out of nowhere.

For the most part I think Rowling wrote pretty good YA fantasy, but then I'm also nostalgic for them. However, she definitely fucked several things up at the end.

Hermione is too rigid and hypercompetitive, she'd drive him insane with her constant pestering. To be happy he basically needs a more self-assured female version of Ron, which is what Rowling tried (and failed) to make Ginny out to be.

harry was gay for ron, so he chose a girl that looked like him