Best meal you have ever eaten

What was the best meal you have ever eaten? Was it home cooked or in a restaurant?
Pic unrelated

smoked some weed in a parking garage with my buddies, then we went to a new pho restaurant. it was the best got dang thing i'd ever tasted.

later on went to the restaurant sober and realized it actually sucked. food & service. but in the moment...best soup i've ever had.

well have you tried smoking weed and eating good food?

different guy, I do that, bretty gud mang

Always home cooked, but there are so many great ones that picking on isn't going to happen.

some duck at an Emeril restaurant at Disney World

>got dang thing
At a vietnamese place? That sounds more like Lao.

best thing ever
>Beef Bolognese
>homemade

It was fucking good

Pasta in Milan, in a restaurant. It was just a really nice experience.

How do you make your sauce, I make a marinara and add in browned minced beef and let it cook for a while

Basil, about 5 large leaves
8 large tomatoes
14-20oz can of crushed tomatoes (lazy)
a tablespoon or two tomato paste
4-5 cloves garlic
1 vidalia onion
1/2-3/4 cup of a dry red wine
a little bit of cream or half and half about a 1/4 of a cup
olive oil
dried oregano
a dash of nutmeg and allspice
crushed red pepper
about 1/4 to half a cup of Parmesan (not the cellulose kind)
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 bay leaves
1/2-1 cup of beef stock (homemade)
marmite
and a pound of lean ground sirloin

roast the 8 tomatoes over some kinda flame, then remove the skins, or blanch it, it's up to you
I seasoned the beef with a bit of marmite, salt and pepper, then seared it in olive oil, crumbling finely, once that's cooked, set aside, finely dice the onion before caramelizing that, add the red wine, beef stock, tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomatoe paste, chopped garlic, chopped basil,oregano, red pepper, nutmeg and alspice, deglaze the pan and bring to a simmer, add the dairy, then add the cheese before adding the beef back in and letting simmer for an additional few minutes

I serve it over Gnocchi with arugula as a garnish

My last anniversary me and the gf went to a local place that has a seasonal tasting menu. I was fuckin drunk and every course was amazing. Probably the best eating experience I've ever had. Pretentious and delicious. This is their current tasting menu

The ham sandwich my mom made for me when she had alzheimer's and decided that a 5 hour drive was too long for me to go without nourishment.

>micro basil

That may be the faggiest, most pretentious menu I have ever seen. Those dishes sound almost as if the chef was parodying the high fallutin' dining scene and ridiculing the kind of faggots that would pay for it just for the privilege of getting possibly getting a glimpse of the latest reality star heartthrob, Jip Blasthole.

eggy wegg n' soldiers

One time I spent $100 on a steak. It was pretty good.

I need to some day go to a really outstanding restaurant. Pay like $400 and really get blown away by how good food can be. But I'm a cheap ass who enjoys street food in Asia or street tacos in Mexico more than anything.

>polish
>tank

Should be cavalry desu

Sounds pretty good, kinda similar to mine, I don't use cream (dunno what half and half is they don't have whatever it is here in australia), nutmeg, allspice, marmite or parmesan though, if I have stock I'll use it but if I don't mind if I don't have it, I use mostly the same methods, I use the broiler that's built in to my oven to roast tomatoes, then I make the sauce, then I brown the beef and add the sauce back in and let it simmer

I also use rosemary and a bit of parsley in addition to the other herbs, as for the pasta I serve it with spaghetti cause my dad is a fussy autist, I once used linguine and he complained a bit when I served it to him and he ate around the pasta, just ate the fucking sauce

my memory is shit, so I'll just post the best meal I had recently
>pick up some top notch hash oil in sf
>dab a bit of it in a park, get baked as fuck
>go to some chinese place, guangdong barbeque or something
>get half duck and rice to go, get impatient and eat it with my fingers in the car on my way home
so damn good. tender, juicy, fatty duck, infused with soy, star anise, and whatever the fuck else they put on there that makes it so magical. was messy as fuck, but I gave not one single shit

God I miss how good weed makes food taste. Cant smoke it now because of drug tests at my work

Chinese bbq is fucking amazing, hk style char siu is my favourite, my brother used to be friends with some of the workers at the local Chinese restaurant so we'd smoke a spliff or two and then go eat a bunch of shit at the Chinese place, we'd get dumplings, char siu, spicy beef and noodles or some shit and a bunch of other shit, got it all with a massive discount, good shit man

Where do you work that drug tests periodically?

Best meal at a restaurant was Harry's in Cancun. My gf's dad is super fucking rich and treated us to anything we wanted. First time (and probably only time) I'll ever have kobe, dry aged steaks, wagyu, that kind of stuff. The bill for five people was over $1,000 US before tip.

Best homemade meal was while extremely hungover. Eggs benedict with salmon and a, 8oz filet from the night before that we forgot to cook.

From a hotel I was staying at when I was a kid. I just had salmonella for 3 weeks and the doctor said I was only allowed to eat rice when I finally was cured. I ate rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. After 3 days I was allowed to put salt on my rice. Was great. After a week the hotel made some local(Was in France) dish involving cod. Best damn dish Im ever gonna taste.

There was a sushi restaurant close to where I worked that I avoided for a long time since I don't much care for sushi, but my friend forced me to go there for lunch one day and they had this absolutely amazing beef bowl type thing, though for some reason they sold it as Yakiniku.

That or my moms salsa-pork wraps.

What's so bad about it? Most of it sounds delicious.

Oil rigs/gold mines/railways my man.

He is just an arsehole who feels threatened by unusual food.