/beer general/ - Mock Japanese Macro Edition

Who here likes Stillwater?

Discord: discord.gg/YnSMth

beer is disgusting

I think I had that once. I remember it having a kind of sweetness I wasn't keen on.

I should go buy some good beer tomorrow. Drank pbr and coors last night while playing party games.

Back to /sips/ with you, manchild

>discord

Fuck off, faggot.

Stillwater is good in general. That one definitely isn't their best but i would have it again. My favorite from them is Shoegaze

Had it once, enjoyed it.

This is a damn good gose.

What makes a good beer good and a bad beer bad in your opinion?

This is a really difficult question to answer. We all have our biases and tastes, but for me, complexity matters a lot.

There are tons of solid beers out there that accomplish exactly what they set out to do, but do they offer something new or exciting? There are very few.

Good beer tastes good.
Bad beer tastes bad.

Yeah, it wasn't that great. Stayed on tap for ages over here since the price was so high.

Agree with these anons. The extra dry was a decent beer, it was pretty refreshing pulling one out of the cooler on a 90 degree day over the summer. Stillwater makes much better stuff IMO, check out shoegaze, stateside saison, and my favorite was cellar door. The guy who runs it makes some pretty interesting stuff because I think they run it as a gypsy brewing format. And I remember reading somewhere they develop the can art first and craft a beer around that.

Angkor beer is the best Asian macrobrew

You'll cowards don't even Trappist beer

Finally gotten around to drink this in peace. Really damn good. Would buy again.

Is it better than rochefort or st. Bernandus?

sup brochachos
axed the NIBs if they could tell me their letters and instead they balled us a quarter chuck of pic related
woke up at a nascar race in a half torn blazer singin the natty anthem before the race and didn't even know the lyricals.
nailed it

I've had it a couple times, it's some good stuff

This sells for about 1.50e in my shithole country, and it's nothing special.

this
the sake style saison was so disappointing. the can is the only good thing about it

4/10

Has an underlying creaminess which I always enjoy but there's a strong overlying acrid bitterness that tastes starchy. Really isn't that good. It's downable which is it's only positive. A real oktober-dissappointment.

You might criticise me for getting pleb shit but I'm on a mission to taste all the big brand shit.

whoops photo

I'm living in Germany for the year, can anyone recommend the best beer in [spoiler] the South-west [/spoiler]?

The regular one is way better

I went to the bar and there was this summer wheat beer it was pretty nice, for beer at least.

Anyone get bad hangovers from IPAs? I had a six pack the other night and woke up feeling like I'd had two bottles of wine chased with a few shots of liquor

What is your go-to beer when you want to sip on something/get drunk but don't have anything particular in mind?

One of these 12 packs usually works for me. Pretty drinkable. If I want to class it up a little more I'll get a Great Lakes variety 12 pack (Midwest fag).

Which IPA? That has never happened to me, you probably just didn't eat enough or drink enough water.

for me it's Pumping spice beer. The best beer

Leffe red

Maybe more like Leaf Reddit. Haha

I'll take your word and try it next time.

>Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

nothing like a good radish ale

Oso Hop Whoopin' or Voodoo Ranger (DIPA)

i'd never buy stella in the midwest, too many better options (Great Lakes def one of them, usually a bit pricey for me though)

Wow dude. Epic joke xD

been meaning to brew one of these for awhile desu

I wish. Where do you live? You get a 75cl bottle for 1.50?

Bump. Post beer

It depends, if I'm at a club I'll drink whatever pale lager they have that's better than Budweiser at least, if I'm at someone's house or a dive bar then I'd drink a craft beer that's not too intense/complex, like Boston Lager or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Come to think of it, Budweiser and Miller High Life are easily the best of the low end American macrobrews

Coors/Coors Light and Miller Lite just don't do it for me

Anybody been to a brewery? I've been to Green Flash and Ballast Point. Green Flash is fucking sweet. I had this saison there that tasted like Kolashampan. Holy moly. I'm going back soon. Any other breweries I should visit in San Diego?

I've been to Boston Brewery and Coney Island Brewery

Yeah, well, how the fuck was it?

Burning Beard in East County, check out "What's on Draft?" They do videos and podcosts I think of the local beer scene.

I'd say just as good.

Chimay blue>Duvel>Westmalle triple

Pretty random comparison. Why not just say you prefer dark belgians to tripels?

user, those are all midrange. Good low-end macro is stuff like PBR and 'Gansett, bad low-end macro is Natty Light and Keystone.