ITT: grocery store pet peeves

>when ants use imageboards

More on the retail clerk side, but, I get pissed off when people ask why a fruit isn't super fresh when that fruit is not in season. Like seriously, you're not gonna fine super great strawberries in the middle of November, middle aged lady.

I live in Bumfukt, Nevada and the nearest grocery store from my house is a Wal-Mart thats 40 minutes away.
Every time i shop there, no matter what time of day or night, theres always only 2 registers open, other than self checkout, and about 100 people waiting in line.
No matter which line you go in, the cashier is always slow as fuck.
To go grocery shopping, takes about 4 hours to do.

This is what self-checkout is really for. One employee = 6 tills open.

>people who park their carts in the middle of narrow aisles
>people who let their kids run around the store touching everything and screaming like banshees
>that one guy who tries to pay with a bag of fucking pennies

tfw a soccer mom lets a cart roll into my shitbox

Cashier side:
>Indian customers
>More than a few coupons
>Clothes and anything that doesn't easily fit in a bag.
>Do you price match?
>Not pushing forward item's on the speedy checkouts where we don't have a belt.
>Hiding stuff you didn't want in the candy instead of just handing the shit to me.
>people who don't put their bags in the cart until the carousel is full.
>People who move the carousel while I'm bagging.
>Mixing produce in a single bag.

Customer side:
>People who shop in groups.
>People who open the freezer to browse and fog every window.
>People who walk side by side.
>People getting more than 1-2 things at the deli counter.
>Coupons and people who hold up a line over less than a dollar or two.

I work in a deli and the only thing that bothers me are customers who try ordering things while I'm literally in the middle of taking someone else's order, and get all butthurt that I don't drop the other persons order and serve them first. It happens surprisingly frequently

>lotteryfags at the customer service check out

Do Americans really do this?

Only niggers

Yes
I see at least 1 stray cart every time I go shopping. Walmart is usually the worst.

Fucking lazy shitbags

Yeah, there's no coin locks or anything like that on American carts at all so there's zero incentive to return them if someone's feeling lazy.

>kids

This. I was grocery shopping for the week a few days ago, and was about to grab some apples (massively discounted this time of year). That was, until I notice an unruly crotch maggot, leaned completely over the side of the bin, head first, rooting through them like a basset hound, fingering all the fruit, rubbing pieces on its face, nose, and mouth and throwing them back in. While soccer mom ignored it, trying to suck the deli counter attendant's dick.

It's such a problem I considered writing a scholarship essay on it

I want one specific thing in an aisle. The aisle is completely empty.

>except for one person or people standing right in front of what I want to get

Or conversely

>I'm trying to pick out what brand of thing I want
>some schmuck comes and stands right next to me to examine the shelves

people being around me

The lines for self checkout are twice as long. Plus i do all my shopping 1 time a week so my cart is full. I dont want to scan and bag my own groceries either, as i am not a wal mart employee.

As someone who lives in New York City where most groceries only have room to stock upward and not outward, the constant fear shit is gonna fall on me. Most grocery stores are small but have a high roof so they stock upward to compensate storage not going down in the basement. Shit's fucking terrifying, and when you want something that is happened to be stored above the shelves you always have to get a guy and they're some dude who's annoyed as shit at you for bothering him.

>cart full of shopping once a week
fattie detected

Similar experience. Was gonna grab some nectarines once and some snot nosed little faggot was sitting there tossing them around bruising up the fruit.
And of course the mom was completely oblivious.

Myself, wife, 3 kids, and sister + kid live in my home.

White and black ones, sometimes brown depending on the place

>has kids
>browses Veeky Forums
jfc

Lots of people who browse Veeky Forums have kids, user. Not all of us are forever alone khv's.

yeah, those are normies and they should stick to facebook

>hey I forgot my wallet in the car can I run and get it real quick?
>are you sure this coupons no good? Can I see a manager?
>can you have somebody bring something to me? I don't want to walk.
>anyone over 70 in general.

I have to work almost exclusively outside helping people load heavy shit/shit they're too lazy to load and it's the most sisyphean hell in the world. Being able to go on register is the biggest relief compared to that.

i cant say for walmart but I do my shopping at a target supercenter and there's literally NEVER an abandoned cart out in the lot.

I can't stand when fuckers are next in line and are like oh shit i forgot something and sends their kid to go find it or some shit. either pay for you stuff and go back or take all your shit off the belt and go back

Yeah, fuck grocery stores. Luckily, the Safeway in my town delivers, so I don’t have to deal with narrow aisles, slow cashiers, and shitty patrons.

The best part? Safeway is literally across the street. And it’s not even a real street. It’s more of an alleyway.

Sometimes, paying a little more money for convenience is worth it.

so why did you choose to live so far from civilization? are you scared of people?

it seems like the easy solution is to move to an area that actually has more than one grocery store within walking distance of your home. Easy peasy.

Not him, but living away from large cities and civilization is great.
The only thing he fucked up on is by shopping at Walmart. I guarantee you that there is somewhere closer for him to shop. He’s just being a lazy, poverty stricken cunt.

Worse case scenario, you got amazon.

My closest grocery store's aisles are all like a yard and a half wide and the place is always way too crowded for the space they have.

my grandpa did, but he quite literally was almost unable to walk. To push the cart up hill back to the cart area and then walk back down to the car would be quite an undertaking

Because big beautiful luxury home on ridiculously cheap land. I bought 375 acres back in 98. Sold 125 acres in 07 and was able to pay off my loan so basically got a house and 250 acres of land for free.

And the next closest grocery store is a Raleys thats 28 minutes further away than the wal mart

Buying produce that goes by several different names and the cashier knows none of them.

Those cunts who buy scratch cards, then stand at the till and scratch them on the counter. Fucking disgusting

ITT: bunch of whiney faggots.

Cry more bitch bois

>fat people taking up an entire aisle
>fat people coming down the aisle, waddling way too closely next to me and my shopping cart
>fat people not having any concept of personal space.

Good biz strategy. Very inspiring thanks user.

They really should use Aldi as an example. This shit drove me crazy when I visited the US. Make them pay a quarter to use the cart and they get it back when they are done shopping. But muh freedom can't handle that.

Is this what a food desert looks like?

>lives in New York City
For what purpose?

Alsi is quite literally the only grocery chain in America that does the coin thing. I was absolutely fascinated when I saw one for the first time. Never even thought of something like using a coin to ensure cart return.

Is America even real

>Coin locks
I haven't seen one of these in Australia for a long time, I remember when they introduced them people would still ditch the cart with the coin in them and some people even found a way to pull the coin back out

Although our car parks aren't as bad as but we still have dumped carts in our parking spots

Forgot to mention that when people ditched the cart with the coin and poor people would still smash the lock to get the coin out

>people who use carts to haul kids that are big enough to walk
>people cant keep to one side of the aisle
^and these fucks are always middle aged, like is this their first fucking time in a supermarket?
>people who use a cart and they only buy 3 small items and then proceed to ditch the cart next to their parking spot
>people who feel they have to roll their carts right up to the product they want to buy
^dairy section at my local store is a bit cramped so this is annoying as fuck
>people who ditch their coffee cups on the shelves
>people who cut you off with their own carts and then proceed to walk as slow as possible in the middle of a narrow aisle
>people who let their 6 year olds push their cart
>couples and families that have to block the entire fucking aisle while they contemplate what they want to buy

TLDR a bunch of stupid niggers lose their spatial awareness when they grocery shop, not sure how they managed to drive to the store without causing an accident or not get killed or fired from whatever jobs they have.

It's so simple but works. You never see this shit in europe. You can even use some fake coins if you don't want to use real money. My jaw dropped when I went to a target and the parking space was littered with shopping carts as if there had been a zombie breakout. Lazy Ass americans.

Shoprite here in east coast used to do it but then they stopped

>some people even found a way to pull the coin back out
>some people

>people who eat/drink something off the shelf to see if they like it
>people who eat bags of chips or bottles of pop and then wander the store begging people to pay for it or try to hide it in someones cart
>gambling addicts blowing $500 on scratchoffs, going crazy about winning $600, blowing that 600 on scratchoffs, getting 300, blowing it, 450, blowing it, 0 all while taking up the customer service counter while they play the games and being obnoxious about how much they won and how much theyll give away if they hit it big
>children asking for money from the stockers and cashiers
>people who walk past 4 signs saying "the cashier is required to ID everyone for beer/cigs" and get angry that I ask them for ID
>that one guy who comes in everyday/week and buys the same things. everyone hates that guy. fuck that guy.
>parents trying to use their children to guilt workers into free food
>hamplanets spending their entire snap on diet pepsi
>hamplanets with hamplanet children
>hamplanets with skin and bones children
>people asking for loosies
>hamplanets in general

>>people asking for loosies
what is this?

>>that one guy who comes in everyday/week and buys the same things. everyone hates that guy.
>tfw people hate me because I use their service
Explain this to me.

Apparently there are loose cigarettes in the packaging sometimes and some people expect to get them for free if they see them. management was very specific on breaking them apart and throwing them out because it caused problems when one of our customers would get a chip on his shoulder about not receiving free smokes.

cigarettes not in a pack

>>>people asking for loosies
>what is this?
a single fag.

Those Shart Carts are a fucking nuisance.

>have bag clip tags and a near infinite supply of pencils all around the produce section for customer to write down what the fuck vegetables they're buying and what their product numbers are when they're buying them loose
>no one ever fucking uses them like they expect the cashiers to have hundreds of produce items and their codes memorized
>50% of the time it's customers being lazy fucks and 50% of time it's customers thinking they'll be able to trick the cashier into ringing out some expensive shit as string beans or something
>100% of the time the cashier has to call a produce clerk to come identify whatever the fuck this customer is trying to buy or ask them what the product numbers are and suddenly the check out line grinds to a complete goddamn halt for like 5 minutes

Its single moms.
They are ruining the planet.
Global warming is nothing compared to single mothers.

when I go to a wally world in the evening and the slaves are already restocking as early as even 8 or 9 pm, blocking entire fucking aisles and forcing me to acknowledge their existence

>people who wait until the cashier as finished scanning all their items before looking for their checkbook (usually takes them 5 min to find it too).
>people who start bagging all their shit as the cashier is scanning their items, and keep doing so long after the cashier is finished and needs them to pay for their shit.
>a combo of the above two.
>people who 'graze' while shopping.

I saw an extreme example of the last one a couple of months ago. I often stop by my local store before work to pick up something from their hot bar for dinner (I work til 11pm and sometimes don't feel like cooking when I get home). The hot bar is priced by the pound with the weight determined at the register. Well one lady loaded up her to go container and immediately started shoveling the food into her mouth while standing in line at the register. By the time I'd gotten my food she was at the register, her container was completely empty, and she was having an argument with the cashier due to the fact that there was noting in her container to weigh (holding up the 5 customers behind her). The cashier started calling for the customer service manager on duty and I decided 'fuck it' and went to the front registers. Waited in line a few minutes, paid for my food and heard the other cashier call for the CSM a second time. Walked out of the store feeling sorry of all those other customers being held up because of that self centered cunt.

Are you SERIOUSLY making another poltard thread asshole? There is NOTHING wrong with fat people. Being fat is not something to be ashamed, I am classed as overweight but I am fit and healthy and my friend says I actually look underweight. I only use my scootercart because its easier on my knees so fuck off.

I'm so sick of you bringing your various phobias over here, keep to your containment board virgins.

>there is a dog in the store
I don't mind trained service dogs, which are literally robots, but this """"therapy pet"""" shit needs to stop

Depends on the store. ALDI and Kroger stores in my flyover state have coin locks, but most other stores don't. You never see abandoned carts at the coinlock stores.

When I'm just trying to grab a snack and the grocery store jester replaces my milky way with a pay day

He said, "orange you glad it wasn't snickers?"

I went into anaphylactic shock and I didn't get the joke

>grocery store jester
Wut

Or, you know, walmart could hire more than 2 cashiers.

Or the front end managers could get off their lazy asses and do something besides standing around looking at the giant lines.

>he lives in a 3rd world country

>need flax because it's an everyday food for me
>nearest supermarket charges way too much
>order same brand on Amazon and have shipped to Amazon locker at supermaket

Implying that you dont do your grocery shopping so your mom has to. You deserve to be hit on the head

can u not quotechain you tourist

Customer comes up to me to ask a question.
Suddenly,
>"excuse me I was here first >:["
And it's almost always a black woman

there always seems to be some nigga loitering in front of the shit i want to buy. like move on buddy.

Maybe don't have a fucking stupid system and just have a reference sheet at the cashier

in all the retail experience I've had it's been on the cashier to memorize their produce codes or just keep a list for reference near. not really that many codes to memorize user.

>those people who need to consider every single brands, read all the ingredients and the daily values table
Have they not bough food before? And it's always something stupid too, like chocolate-caramel granola bars or packets of powdered sauce.

>pays with a bag of pennies
it's the stores own fault for not having a coinstar

I can't even tell if you're serious or not
>anime poster
And I don't even care at this point

>need flax
There are better ways to level Crafting

Calm down there fatty, you're gonna have a heart attack.

Personally I dislike slow walkers and noisy children. The fatties also take too much space and smell bad.

like i want some tripple fudge toffe can you move on.

>want to cook traditional white people food
>white american supermarkets don't have the ingredients because white estadounidenses stopped cooking
>go to Asian one to buy traditional Caucasian ingredients

What is this?

Pathetic desu

gay dink is a superior lifestyle

>even caring that I'm an anime poster

Go back to your ooga booga hut

Whenever I see a really nice dog sitting in a cart, or being held throughout, well that just makes me real happy

>parents who don't discipline their kids
>dickheads with foodstamps buying junkfood and mtn dew.

>using coinstar
Fuck that I'm not giving them 10%. Just go the the bank.

Fellow nevadan here, do you live near Stead or something because I know they have a Raley's and a Walmart nearby

>People who obviously haven't showered for more than a week.
>Having to stand in line behind that.

People the walk aside of their cards, now they are taking up the entire aisle...

I work in grocery at Walmart, don't get me started.

Niggers that get a pound of prawns and eat them and puts shells and empty container on shelf.

How would the welfare recipients take the carts to their section 8 housing then?

>If it doesn't have a price, that means it's free right?
>people who buy food with EBT but don't bring change to pay for bags or their own reusable bags
>people who leaves their empty carts right near the till
>people who obviously try to hide things in the bottom rack of the cart
>people who use 100$ bill to pay for a 3 dollar item
>people who use you like a cash back machine
>people who use debit cards for items less than $5
>Old people buying alcohol, "Not going to ask for my ID? I don't look that old, do I?"
>parents who let their kids sit in the basket part of carts and stand while they are moving them
>people who leave their baskets at the end of the convener belt
>people who leave the shit they don't want all over the fucking candy section
>grandmas that take a year to find exact change

Being a cashier is an incredibly easy job, but dealing with people really makes you realize how shitty the average person is.