HOLY F*CKING CRINGE!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPRmhqxERGc
youtu.be/fF0ReXhNzbc
youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Implying this wasn't the plan the whole time

just how popular is Reddit and Memey?

>Imagining the hundreds of sauce packets that sold for over $200 each.

Class act from McDonald's.
I knew they'd never let us down.

Popular enough for Veeky Forums to hate it. Although that doesn't mean that much.

Cringe is censoring the word 'fuck' on Veeky Forums.
Also, this was the plan the whole time. Use R&M to get people nostalgic for something they were too young to even ever taste, slowly build up hype then release it as a this one day to get massive sales. Then reveal it'll be a winter-staple and people will go to your restaurants just for the sauce.

It's a genuis marketing move, bravo Micky D's.

This is why I flat out refuse to eat McDonald's, and have not done so for about 4 years now.

>live in canada
>might have to buy it from some ebay faggot this winter
>hopefully i can find a friend heading to the usa who can bring me back one

popular enough for there to be a 2 hour long line of plebbitors wanting their hands on the precious meme sauce

You know you can buy entire bottles of similar shit in grocery stores right?

>F*CKING

>You know you can buy entire bottles of similar shit in grocery stores right?
Theres also a video on youtube thats supposedly an "amazing recreation" if you care enough to make it yourself

im sure people can buy or make a lot of comparable shit with stuff from the grocery store.

oh wow! you want a cookie? how will mcdonalds ever survive without your faggot money?

You're in denial if you think there aren't any Veeky Forums (or any xxxchan) faggots in that line.

what the fuck is wrong with americans?

I never said there werent, but the show is still distilled reddit either way

Too much to list but I will try

>fat
>stupid
>ugly
>shallow
>consumption of anything that has a price tag is as important as breathing

You think people here actually cook?

there's some salty boh pirates here

Everyone that played right into their hands deserves a shotgun mouthwash.
The only pleasant thing is the thought of people paying hundreds or over a thousand dollars for some stupid tub of sauce only for it to instantly be rendered no longer rare within 24 hours.

It's been almost 20 years since I've eaten McDonald's.
>It's a genuis marketing move, bravo Micky D's.
It is the first time they seem to have scored with the demographic they've been losing over the last couple decades - white middle class people. Supersize Me make them the poster child for unhealthy food, and the Dollar Menu made them seem like a place for poorfags. Both of these things drove many middle class customers away. It seemed like they'd lost the middle class forever in the domestic market. So finding a way to make the brand seem cool and exciting to that target demographic was brilliant. And this is usually the kind of thing that backfires horribly, so seeing them pull it off is kind of amazing, even though I give zero fucks about the brand of the sauce.

We deserve to be nuked

do people buy this marketing garbage?

They should stick to the nintendo playbook. If it's widely available then it won't be as coveted. Figured McDs doesn't have the sack to play the long game

No one is immune to marketing and advertising. Some folks are just harder to target than others. If you think about it this is a major 180 turn for McD's in terms of image. They've ALWAYS portrayed themselves as a wholesome, convenient place where you could bring the kids without breaking the bank. So while to US R&M might be mainstream as fuck, aligning this very conservative corporation with a cartoon that celebrates nihilism, alcoholism, anarchism and a complete disregard for traditional values is an incredibly edgy move for a brand like McD's. And by kind of doing it on the DL, without TV or any big mainstream tie-ins they manage to connect to the target demographic without offending the rest of their customers. And they've got the kind of people who might normally avoid their brand lining up for some stupid sauce. It's fucking brilliant.

I haven't eaten McDonald's in over a decade. Never again.

Based off browsing the social media comments, there is a mixture of people excited for a full release and people still pissed off over Saturday. People calling out McDonald's for pulling off this marketing stunt seems rather minimal.
I'll still make a few more visits to try out more of the sauce options, but I recognize it for what it is.

>do people jump on shitty bandwagons
yes
It's rick and memety fans we're talking about after all

Retards on this website bought hats from donald trump just because of faggots making it a meme, so I am not surprised in the least. /pol/tards keep coming on here and bragging about buying chic-fil-a like anyone fucking cares as well.

People who aren't dumb americans on Veeky Forums/reddit/whatever are the minority.

Among those fake edgy teens and 20-somethings are a lot of those folks McD's was horrified to learn had never eevn tried a Bic Mac. And among older fans who see the show as the heir to the Simpsons (which they remember watching early seasons of in prime time) are many who haven't eaten McD's in years. Many R&M fans are exactly the group McD's has lost and would love to get back. The only way this can fuck up is if it somehow turns groups of now regular customers against them for embracing anti-family, unchristian, unamerican values.

> brings up /pol/ while simultaneously posting the only political comment in the thread
every fucking time. we really need a purge.

>muh /pol/ boogeyman
lmao @ ur lyfe faggot

unironically kill yourself

This

>most, if not all those people, weren't even born when the sauce they so desire was out originally

There was a thread on /b/ a couple days ago where an user mentioned that the whole reason McD's was even doing the sauce promotion was probably because they had a small bit of advertising budget at the very end of the fiscal year (Sept), hence the super limited production of the sauce and posters. They said that it was obviously just a publicity stunt and that there's a close to 100% chance they just rerelease the sauce as normal in the winter months when the next fiscal year starts. This is literally exactly what's happening. Kudos to that user. Also McD's just gets all those people to come at least twice now since most never got it in the first place.

But it's not about the sauce. If the sauce were really that good it would have been added to the regular rotations of sauces they offer. This is about something else entirely - seeing shit you identify with online suddenly appearing irl. Which to many of us is totally cringe, but there are those who do get excited when it happens. In 2008 a rickroll was old, stale meme, but seeing it done live at the Thanksgiving parade was still weirdly exciting. As were shots of idiots in Guy Fawlkes masks in the streets and actual pools being closed due to AIDS. And in 2011 bronies were shitting themselves every time the animators of their fave show worked a cross eyed pony into the background as a shout out to them. This is the same thing. A reference from a culture that pretty much exists online suddenly manifests in the real world. Most of us cringe, and a handful of superfans goes apeshit.

>anti-family, unchristian, unamerican values.
Didn't realize selling a a shit sauce because of a cartoon reference had such heavy undertones

compared to mcdonalds? fucking nothing. every rick and morty fan in existence could boycott Mcdonalds for the rest of their lives and Mccdoanlds wouldn't give a shit or see a dent in their profit.

can someone give me a quick rundown on this shit? why are redditors flocking to mcdonald's for a meme sauce? is it a running joke in reddit and morty or something?

no, it showed up once in the show and was a super fucking obscure reference bro, like to the 90s which were killer. Remember Mario lol?? It's kind of the same as owning a vinyl record just for the fuck of it

>is it a running joke in reddit and morty or something?
That seems to be the case given the obvious context clues.

Think about it: McDonald's entire brand is based on being family friendly. Domestically that means not aligning the brand with anything that would be offensive or controversial to parents. Rick and Morty is both, from the swearing, to the alcoholism, to the dismissal of family ties as valueless in a world of infinite timelines, to the outright rejection and mockery of religion. Not the kind of thing McDonald's can officially get on board with. Notice the wording in OP pic. It mentions fans and uses a lot of lines people who watch the show would recognize - even a few lines from an episode that pretty openly mocked religion. But nowhere is the name of the show mentioned. So the kind of customer who would find the show offensive has no idea this is a Rick and Morty thing. This allows them to pander to fans of the show without being officially aligned with it., which would undercut the image they've spent decades building.

Marketing departments don't take this kind of stuff lightly.

The sauce drama has been way too entertaining for me. It only would have been better if mcdonald's told them to fuck off and announce there would be no more releases

""""""adults"""""" boycotting and threatening class action lawsuits because they couldn't get a condiment from their favorite cartoon. bidding online for a packet of sauce. police called to restaurants over asian bbq nugget sauce. all the while the show they like has a theme of "nothing really matters so why bother". incredible.

What does that sauce even taste like? I'm not a shart so I can't try it.

Fans had to wait a long time for S3. The premier ended with Rick telling Morty that with his father out of the picture they could focus on their darkest adventures yet, which is Rick's search for the McDonald's sauce in question. He says it's his white whale and they would spend the next nine seasons searching for it.

Then the rest of S3 goes by with no mention of it again. But of course fans started wondering that this obscure pop culture reference actually tasted like. There were even several threads about it here over the last bunch of months. This gave McD's an opportunity: they could tap into fan interest about the sauce without needing an official tie in to the show - they could have their cake and eat it too if they did the promo right. They could harness the enthusiasm of R&M fans without any official link to a show that many would find offensive. So they went for it, and it looks like they pulled it off.

OH GOD THE MARKET IS GOING TO CRASH

SELL SELL SELL

THE BUBBLE IS POPPING, DEFLATION COMING

WELCOME TO THE BEAR MARKET SHORT EVERYTHING

the terrorists won.

Probably HFCS and salt, like everything else at McDicks

1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup White Vinegar
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Marmite
2 tbsp Corn Syrup
1/2 tbsp Black pepper
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
1 tsp Xanthan Gum

$25 for a hat that will remind you of some of the best times of your life vs. $1000 for corn syrup that will be consumed in a single meal. Totally the same

>there are other chans that aren't dead in 2017

That's a lot of cats to boil.

>Their face when the hype has worn off by then.

If they'd had an unlimited amount of the sauce at every McDonalds this Saturday I would have gotten some just out of curiosity. However, now that hype has worn off and I've had time to think about it, it's really just flavored high fructose corn syrup and my money is better spent at on grocery store sauce.

Also I realize the product placement thing (if making a 20 min long advertisement and calling it an episode can be called "product placement") is basic manipulation by their marketing team, but the way they're going about teasing people with these promotions just seems like a whole new level of sleazy manipulation and I want no part of it.

I hope that Burger King or Wendy's comes out with an almost exact imitation of this sauce before their promotion in winter and takes business away from them.

My old manager is hooking me up with a case and im going to sell it for $20 a packet on ebay to retarded plebs

I visited a reopened McDonald's in my area for some deals they were having to celebrate, and all those workers were clueless about the event. It was a really sloppy shit-show in various aspects, but it won't matter since now they "listened" to the reddit and morty crowd and who will forget the fiasco by then. Never mind the employees and police officers who had to deal with the autists...

Where do you think everyone fled in 2015?

Hey, fuck each and every one of you.

I’m not going to try and brag about how long I’ve been here, but I am almost thirty, and have been nothing but loyal to Veeky Forums. I’ve participated in big raids as well as small petty shit.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with rick and morty. There is nothing wrong with McDonald’s capitalizing on this nostalgic sauce.

I don’t think anyone actually gave a fuck about the sauce back in 1998. I watched Mulan in theaters with my dad and didn’t even know Mulan did a tie in with McDonald’s at the time. People just found a way to be a part of something special, and rick and morty is a pretty solid show to start off with.

Sometimes reddit is going to like the same shit that you do. Don’t try and act like a fucking hipster about it though. That’s infitinitely worse than being associated with reddit-tier matietial.

Actually, this was not an official promotion and has no actual tie to the show. This was all McDonald's trying to cash in.

I don't get why the line exists. Stores that did get the meme sauce got 20 packets. Is the line just for telling people "we don't have the sauce"? Why didn't they just announce that to the entire line? Do they think people are going to buy something else after waiting in line for 2 hours and being disappointed?

You are a lying liar who tells lies.

And no one will ever love you.

youtube.com/watch?v=CPRmhqxERGc
is he, dare I say it /ourguy/

Im paying like $50 for 100 packets when my local store gets em in this winter.

>Enabling an Israeli puppet is the best event in some people’s lives

Well said! Have an upvoted fellow Pickle-Ricker xD

Agreed, I like rick and morty too. It's just a dumb goofy show and I don't see why anyone gets worked up over it. Whether hating it or loving it.

So it's New Coke all over again?

>yet he still shills it on Veeky Forums anyway

How much are they paying you, sweetie?

I got 3 packets and didn't like it so I threw 2 away.
Lol

WUBALUBBADUBDUB!

its time to get schwifty in here

Renee! Hahaha

>
>Renee! Hahaha
Oops I meant to put reeee but autocorrect xd

It's time to stop posting.

haha

can they do this about orange hi c please

FUCK POL
FUCK POL

I don't know if this was part of a joke or if people were actually this desperate
youtu.be/fF0ReXhNzbc

There's hardly a difference.

Here's the original video from the YouTuber himself. Based on the fact that many people think it's real and that my sides got lost, I give his performance a perfect score of 10/10.
youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

Wait a fucking second

So theres not even any Szechuan pepper in it? How the fuck is it on any way special

It has nothing to do with Sichuan cooking at all. They grabbed a random Chinese name to make their promo sauce seem authentic and exotic because "Vaguely Asian Sweet Sauce" doesn't sell.

dignity doesn't matter in the world of corporate buisness, user
the only thing that's real there is profit

business*

Rick and Morty fans are brainless consumerist sheep what a surprise

I find it funny how /pol/tards can laugh at others but not themselves when they do the same thing. Is hypocrisy not the most detestable trait in a person?