Why the fuck cant managers build a good team of support staff

why the fuck cant managers build a good team of support staff

Same reason why the fuck you can't build a functional thread with a relevant pic/gif/webm.

Because in a lot of situations managers are managers because they were promoted to those positions either through time spent at the company, or by crony-ism. Time spent at a job doesn't mean you're manager material. Being a manager takes a certain skillset that you don't just magically get because you worked somewhere for a while, or you know someone higher up. Good managers are rare because those who are actually good at their jobs are too expensive/in demand for a lot of businesses to afford, or compete for.

Most people who are good at being support staff will either leave or get promoted.

Because no one is willing to pay anywhere near enough what a good support staff is actually worth. Hence high employee turnover in food service.

>-t. underling
get off my clock if you've got nothing to do

Who cares? Gib sauce.

Because there are a lot of awful managers and finding good employees who will actually stay long term and work for scraps is hard

man I hope she has a bapap

this

at 19 I ran a restaurant netting ~8m annually. all of my employees were between the ages of 25 and 45. being a competent manager requires a certain personality and way of thinking/dealing with problems, has very little to do with experience.

thats not entirely true; it's mostly the hiring process. tons of good employees undervalue themselves. you just have to hire very agreeable people who want to please, that's about all there is to it.

lots of managers are really stupid as well because being a manager usually isn't a high paying job. smart people will move to academia, sciences, or better positions

source please

I think that it's related to a, in a way, phylosphycal problem, I could say business-phylosophycal problem.
I think that most people tends to think about an employee like someone that it's easily repleaceble and, therefore, they use people like trash. Then that employes go to another job and a solid team is never forged.
In my opinion, if managers and cheafs think that if they treat people well enough and encourages the professionalism of their staff, they could create a solid and happy team.

Damn those thick thighs, I never get women like that.

same reason as movie theaters, one of which I worked at for a few years: Money. I don't think movie theater workers deserve to be millionaires, but under the current economically acceptable standards, they are paid minimum wage, managers make about a buck more an hour, and the district manager, who ostensibly oversees every theater in, say, a city, is the first point at which you actually have full time employment. You get to be a manager only by being the best of a series of bad options, the lesser of all evils if you will.

I became manager at a theater because I not only knew how to pop corn, but also how to break down and reassemble any given machine in the snack bar or projection booth within an hour of hearing it had broken, and that was just because of high school shop classes. I could also figure out if an employee was stealing because I'm good at math and read a lot of Sherlock, but I'm also the guy that put a dead rat in my boss's coffee for him to find the next morning upon coming in, because I hated brewing the fucking coffee.

The point is, most managers in these places have limited budget-hours, minimum wage employees, in the case of the theater we couldn't even accept the rare tips, not that popcorn and a fucking fountain drink deserve a tip necessarily, but I digress, if you want a place that has its shit together, give your employees a reason to give a damn and stick around, as opposed to being a place they pass through while waiting for something that will pay the bills.

Because they have to make due with the shit they can get.

Most of us never do. I can only seem to get chubby girls. Maybe one day I'll get to bang a petite one like I want to, but that's just a silly dream I guess.

Girls that that are knobbing beautiful men. Just find an ugly girl with a beautiful personality and youll be happy

You shouldn't date anyone you consider ugly, that's not fair to anyone in the situation.

most managers act like bosses instead of leaders

Because compensation is determined by the market value of the job being performed. Restaurant jobs typically don't pay much. You get workers see the jobs as temporary and not a career.