I'm reading Lord of the Rings for the first time and I found that it's significantly better when I imagine Frodo as a...

I'm reading Lord of the Rings for the first time and I found that it's significantly better when I imagine Frodo as a cute anime girl. Does anyone else ignore the author's descriptions and make things whatever they want them to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.in/Adventures-Wonderland-Through-Illustrated-Classics/dp/1626920613
strawpoll.me/13003227
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm genuinely surprised there's no Japanese LOTR animu or videogame given their love of his tropes. Does Tolkien have any presence in Japanese literary culture?

No but what I will do is imagine a similar looking character from film or tv if the description is close enough.
Or if the book has an adaptation I can't think of the character as anything other than the actor who played him.

I imagined some characters in 100 years of solitude as JoJo characters.
Pietro Crespi - Giorno
Colonel Aureliano - Joseph
Ursula - Erina
Jose Arcadio Buendia - Jonathan
Jose Arcadio - Jotaro
Aureliano Jose - Kakyoin
Arcadio - Josuke
Melquiades -Zeppelin
Colonel Gerineldo Marquez - Caesar
Baby in the end - Part 4 Jolyne (Macondo is NOT destroyed in the end, Jolyne just makes it invisible)
Etc

There's a case of a publisher encouraging this through illustrations. Pic related. amazon.in/Adventures-Wonderland-Through-Illustrated-Classics/dp/1626920613

No because im not an autistic weeb.

Alice in Wonderland is aesthetic as hell, it seems to work on any visual adaptation. It can even make anime look appealing.

>No but what I will do is imagine a similar looking character from film or tv if the description is close enough.

happened to me too, when I read the hobbit I kept imagining the bear guy as hagrid kek

I have noticed people getting overly autistic regarding what is canon and what is not and I think an attitude like yours should be encouraged.

It's a work of fiction after all.

There are many franchises that use different illustrations depending on editor.

Example, Wayside book series. Which one would you say looks most aesthetically pleasing, Veeky Forums?

They're fucking crazy for Anne of green gables and have made several anime adaptations
But that is public domain

78 > 05 > 03 > 10

I also imagine characters as qt anime girls. Most recently Athena in Greek classics.

What is this autism, holy fuck.

strawpoll.me/13003227

I imagine every protagonist as a straight white male.

I always imagined the Hobbits in LOTR as K-On! characters

Yui = Frodo
Ritsu = Sam
Pippin = Mio
Merry = Mugi

holy...

Got a problem with that?

Oh, my fucking kek

>whatever they want them to be?
...What is exactly same as author's descriptions.

Kek

they also did Pride & Prejudice, &c