If atoms are 99.999% empty space, why aren't we transparent?

if atoms are 99.999% empty space, why aren't we transparent?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QED:_The_Strange_Theory_of_Light_and_Matter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because there's lots of them. Same reason large dust clouds can completely black out stars behind it. Or maybe you're right. Try to put your fist through your forehead 10 times. The real empty space is between your ears.

except you can flatten a dust cloud and see through the layer, you can't do that with a person.

yes, we are 99.999% transparent but we are just able to see the 0.001% atoms.

Because wave-particle duality

Matter exists as a wave as well

Why not?

That's because dust is made up of atoms you mong. It was an example on how a lot of small solid particles compacted densely into one area can form a larger solid particle. Maybe try the experiment by makong a rope go through your neck. Just hang there for a few minutes, I want to make sure you get a good sample.

>That's because dust is made up of atoms you mong.

and a person isn't? your edginess is only matched by your stupidity.

Then explain how glass works, that's transparent, even if they have the same amount of atoms as something that isn't.

they fear the chad photons

No. Literally google how glass works. This is some middle school physics tier shit, user. You shouldn't be struggling with this.

Glass doesn’t absorb visible light cos we quantized boi

says the brainlet who can't even explain it.

Explain why you couldn't flatten a person and see through them please.

charges and shit I'm guessing
electroMAGNETIC waves
the atoms in the material have to vibrate at the same frequency as the light or some shit

all you did is change the volume, not the density.

I could, but you wouldn't understand. If you could understand, you would have been self sufficient and looked it up in the first place, instead of creating a thread asking us to hold your hand. You're like one of those students in the retard class in high school. You want us to stroll you through life, and your dependence for simple stuff like this, is why you're a retard who doesn't understand how glass works.

damn all this projecting and you still didn't explain it. what's it like to be this far gone?

It is opaque to UV.

Am I that transparent? Would you say I'm as transparent as an object that is made out of material that only absorbs certain frequencies of light, but absorbed certain frequencies of ultra violet light?

If you flatten a human to only a few atoms thick you'd be able to see through them.

so empty space and transparency are the same thing... good to know...

if you're made of mostly empty space, does that mean space absorbs certain frequencies of light?

No, Jesus dude. Learn how colors work. The fact that you can See Me means I absorbed every other frequency except the one you see, as it was reflected back to your eyes. Isn't this shit you're supposed to learn as a child?

that doesn't bring to light anything about why atoms are 99.999% empty space but can still be visible to the naked eye. did you even read the first post?

Would a being made of glass be able to see?

You're right man. I guess this is just one of the unexplainable mysteries of physics. We can chalk it up to magic, or god or something else and just move on.

JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU RETARDED THIS IS A SCIENCE BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Better question:

if we had a sun made of photons and a sun made of glass, and we collided them, would anyone see it?

a new meme was born

Because of the will of Allah

This book might be a good start
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QED:_The_Strange_Theory_of_Light_and_Matter

we are, this is just an illusion

We are, for most wavelengths.

YOU CAN'T SEE ATOMS

YOU CAN ONLY SEE LIGHT

YOU CAN ONLY SEE PHOTONS, YOU DON'T ACTUALLY SEE THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF YOU YOU CAN ONLY SEE THE LIGHT COMING OFF OF OBJECTS NOT THE OBJECTS THEMSELVES FOOL