Im on a business trip in des moines, Iowa. Why is there nothing to eat, this is literally sad...

Im on a business trip in des moines, Iowa. Why is there nothing to eat, this is literally sad. Everything is meat and potatoes :(. Corn fields are everywhere, how do you fly overs live like this?

Like Massachusetts is 100x better than this and we have fucking blue laws still.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_D._Ray
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's disgusting. I live in MA as well- Amherst.

Just for shits and giggles, I got on yelp for you to check out what's available. I found a ramen house, but their ramen looks like shit (but what do you expect from a ramen house that also sells tater tots with a side of cheese whiz?)
Other than that, you're pretty much right, it's all steakhouses and "american", although I did see a couple of tapas places.

>how do you fly overs live like this?

Because the majority of flyovers are mouthbreathers who think we gonna have our new 'murrica 'cause a whore congress and adult daycare whitehouse occupant throws up windmills of muh scary peepoh with different skin colors and accents.

Not surprisingly you could stand a Taliban supporter next to Cetus, the bible thumping fundamentalist, and they're precisely the same.

>how do you fly overs live like this

Iowan here. I'm only sober at work (and sometimes not), that's how.

>nothing to eat
>meat and potatoes
So I guess that means there's something to eat.

>ITT Coasties bitch because real americans don't want them infecting their favorite spots, so we direct them to perkins.

>flyovers can't into food

Go eat another tater tot hotdish, roastie.

You got a problem with American food, boy? I bet you a scrawny little thing, aintcha? You better eat them meat and potatoes boy, we gotta fatten you up!

Alright fucker, I used to live in Des Moines so I know a few things about Des Moines cuisine.

My recommendations:

There's a big Vietnamese community in Des Moines. There are a huge number of great pho places. A Dong, Pho 888, the restaurant inside of C Fresh grocery store, and A-Roy D are all recommended.

Zombie Burger is kind of memey, but has excellent burgers.

Fong's Pizza (pizza place with Asian toppings) is bizarre and has a lot of tiki drinks if you're into that sort of stuff.

Miyabi has some of the best sushi you'll find in the midwest. The sushi chef is actually Japanese.

I'm not convinced you're even in Des Moines because there are a ton of restaurants that aren't just meat and potatoes, and there aren't cornfields in the city proper or near where you'd be staying on a respectable business trip.

>There's a big Vietnamese community in Des Moines
This defies all my expectations and reasoning.

go eat A Dong

Des Moines is only 78% white. It's not smalltown Iowa.

Iowan here, I like 'american foods' like meat, potatoes, and corn. I'm not a big fan of fancy stuff, just some nice, homemade grilled corn, mashed potatoes, and burgers are good enough for me. But seriously, Iowa isn't the place for people who aren't into that.

But still, for a shitload of a Vietnamese to somehow wind up in the middle of Iowa like that seems so random. Even a large community of Mexicans or French would make more sense.

ITT: flyovers try to justify their existence.

Pls stop.

Also a few other notes:

Jethro's is overrated. There's not a great BBQ place in Des Moines as far as I'm concerned. Hessen House is highly overrated as well.

>Templeton Rye
>It's actually made in Indiana

Also, if you want Chinese make the drive up to Ames and go to Taste Place. It's authentic Chinese, packed with Asians and staff who can barely speak English.

>excludes mexico

hmmm

I really want to try Zombie Burger next time I go to Iowa City. A couple co-workers told me they're really good and having looked at the menu, there are a lot of things I want to try.

Didn't even know they'd expanded to Iowa City, glad to see they're doing well.

Take your political rants off this cooking board. Cunt.

wouldnt be a very interesting map like that.

>bhutan
country barely has a million people. how is this even possible?

the midwest is also very safe, polite, and self-sufficient

stinky wild ethnic food comes at a price

what’s your point? the map would be pointless if it didn’t because every state would be the same
well, bhutan’s a pretty patrician country that has resisted degeneracy
same goes for NH/VT/ND

bhutan barely has many people and they somehow managed to be the largest non mexican group of immigrants.

also a lot of religious groups will develop conbections with random countries and bring over refugees
it’s why there are so many hmong in minnesota

>a ramen house that also sells tater tots with a side of cheese whiz

because no one immigrates to nd/vt/nh
immigrants are from poor countries
poor countries are hot
nd/vt/nh are cold

Is that why they're all around?

Happycow lists a few places I'd tolerate, but even the best restaurant food in megacities is unsatisfying oily salty poodoo and I'd rather just grab a few things from a supermarket.

Nah, it's because of this guy. Almost all of the Tai Dam live in Iowa now because he started a refugee resettlement program for them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_D._Ray

Shit, meant to reply to

>only 78%
That's like as white as Maine basically.

You're a complete faggot. Please dont post here again.

>how do you fly overs live like this?

they don't need cheap luxuries and xanax to distract them from their pointless, retarded life in order to not kill themselves.