So, what's your story about? Are you going to finish it someday?

So, what's your story about? Are you going to finish it someday?

>tfw I actually got a good idea today for a book
it's semi autobiographical about a guy who tries to kill himself and fails

I don't have a story. I don't know how to come up with a story arc to write.

>little girl, daughter of fire
>epic journey, she travels to a place on "the other side of the world"
>from frozen lands to deadly deserts
>on the way she meet people, animals... all of them are losers, outcasts. They end travelling together.
>the rest of the people is bad, religious, egoistic (she's raped a few times, actually)
>the animal (some dog or wolfdog) who is also the narrator, is somehow a representation of myself and my sexual urges (a bit like Lewis Carroll's white knight).
>pedosexual fanservice, a lot
>inspirated by Zdzislaw Beksinski, John Martin... (among many others)

I've been sitting on a pretty good idea: a hypochondriac decides to study medicine to get control over his mania, but his growing medical knowledge only exacerbates his issues, and he ends up convinced that he's inflicted with a strange, obscure disease. Probably something I've subconsciously stolen from somewhere though, and I don't have anywhere near the skill to make it work.

that actually sounds interesting and like something i'd enjoy reading
if i weren't on Veeky Forums i'd ask when i can expect it to be released and what the title is going to be

pretty interesting desu

Macro-Story:
>A captured shapeshifter tells tales of its life which spans more than a millennia in order to prove it is more than the monster it is claimed to be.

Micro-Stories:
>The shapeshifter in Roman-occupied Britain with a tale involving Romans vs Celts at Hadrian's wall.
>The shapeshifter in 1800's England focusing on an ugly young woman betrayed by her wealthy family and the revenge she seeks upon them.
>A shapeshifter in the late-90s following a social-care worker seeking vigilante justice on local crime
>And the wife of a detective who discovers a connection between a string of gruesome murders and a bestselling series of horror novels, and her pursuit to undercover the true author of said works

Believe it or not it's not the easiest of books to choose as a first novel.

It's about some edgy teenager who walks around at night and through long monologues berates his own culture.

That's actually a pretty cool idea; everything I've seen on Veeky Forums so far has been some YA-tier fantasy bullshit. I'm glad you're going with something a little more refined. All the best to you.

honestly the hardest thing about writing are structuring the plot/theme and doing your research
good prose comes naturally if you are well read
fuck you prosefags

this is pretty good, I'd read your novel

The one I just submitted is about a deep space explorer trapped in his ship dying alone. It deals mostly with isolation and its side effects

>man born in a cave in the Neolithic
>man is immortal, but just a man whatsoever
>story is a kind of encyclopaedia where this immortal man travels the world
>describes cultures, governments, takes part in wars and politics throughout the ages
>literally some thousand years worth of history in a book

I have no talent or willpower(major thing I'd need to do it) to make it through though. Also, I'd make him go through lesser know places to regular people, like the Mon City States in SE asia or some tribe in northeastern siberia.

This is the problem I have with my uni essays. I can't structure them for shit so they always turn out poorly. The ideas are sound enough, usually.

What kind of stories are you writing that requires research, though

Sounds super original. But you've done more than I, so I can't knock you too much for it.

Thanks guys.

>inspirated by Zdzislaw Beksinski
go to Poland
there is now boom for Beksinski, he is very a la mode

Thanks. I should add that this book is my excuse to introduce allegories about politics and society (as a criticism).

I'm also planning the route of their travel in Google Earth, in order to give some more credibility.

>if i weren't on Veeky Forums i'd ask when i can expect it to be released and what the title is going to be
And because this is Veeky Forums I am going to say that there's no release date because it's not even finished and there's no title yet (it's really hard to give a name sometimes).

Weird but not bad, but do you really need all the rape and pedophilia?
This is great, please write this.
I like this. Is your shapeshifter a horror creature, scifi crature or fantasy creature?
Not bad, but do you know how to end it?

Guy gets blown across a city during a terrorist attack on the Bahamas and must uncover The plot behind it with a drugged out gonzo vice journalist, while dodging a obsessed interpol detective given free reign in the city as she ruthlessly persues the organization that has crippled it and turned her world into one horrible no good very long day.

Can our fugue state hero kneecap his way through difficult socio-economic problems to find the man who blew his mind? Or will it be just another brain damaged retard attempt at hurting the world with poorly thought out armed robberies? Find out on fanfiction that will never be finished volume two.

>do you really need all the rape and pedophilia
It's my thing, after all.

>explorer from fictional country found fictional, uninhabitated continent sometime in the past, flight not yet invented
>x amount of years later, country is colonising continent
>MC who is a university student of some sort/journalist goes over by boat to write progress report or something
>meant to collect narratives from people working various jobs/positions and make a detailed account of all of it and then return home
>"main workplace" is a brickworks
>higher ups (works owner, government officials) are counting on MC to write something that bigs them up
>most of the common people are poor people who wanted a better shot at life, criminals who were given the choice to work here or go to jail, and outcasts
>some guy MC talks to is especially nutty
>some time passes
>nutjob does something bad, tries to kill a higher up or something, don't know yet
>MC somehow stops it
>the conclusion is a letter home to his family saying I'm staying here, it's gonna be tough,but I need to do it etc
>the moral is something like we all need to set our differences aside and work together in these tough new times to create something lasting
I got the idea as I was listening to a music album while walking home from my parents house after having pulled an all nighter. I know it's quite generic and pretty bad but it's the only idea I thought a lot about and tried to develop

addisons is a good choice foe the disease

I'm thinking of getting one or two art books for inspirational purposes.

those are pretty cool

Test

Sounds very heavily inspired by work like Portrait of Dorian Gray, but it's a unique concept with a lot of potential for texture.

Been piecing together what I hope will be my magnum opus concept album based around a Macbeth-type character in a shakespearean/HBO-Rome vibe/Egyptian-vibe court that slowly but surely loses his sanity. He garners a hardcore, extremist custom ideology as a power hungry zealot and severely compromise the functionalities of the empire and all of its allies. It's something I've been writing for on the side while in studios recording/producing tons of other projects and I'm going to keep it percolating for a few more years. Until then, studying every compelling cinematic, literary, and real world "villain" I can find to scrape off ideas, Caligula to Richard II to Anton Chigurh. The music will sound dope, but tying it all together as a sonic narrative without gimmicky skits will probably be a bitch.

I honestly want the live show to be a play.

My story is finding ways to get accidentally killed and failing ever time cause im too much of a pussy to kill myself.

I have 2 ideas I've been bouncing between but have hit a wall for both:

1. It takes place in a hotel where the people to pass away there are stuck. The ghosts don't mind and when they mingle in the real/in-between world the tone is cheerful and colorful. There is a little boy spirit that wants to escape after his mother dies and he wants to go to heaven with her, but he discovers that they are trapped because of a demon in the penthouse. He must climb the hotel floors, with each one become more and more nightmareish to defeat it and be set free.

2. Takes place in the near future, set in Mexico after the cartles take over. Stuff happens and an Android gets struck by lighting and he becomes the metatron essentially and tries to get humanity to turn around before God wipes the slate clean

the first sounds dangerously close to being accused of ripping off The Shining, the second just sounds batshit crazy

I've got a pretty simple thriller concept that isn't terribly groundbreaking but I think it fills the key points that'll sell in my country.

It's about a teenage girl and a police officer who end up trapped in a country hotel with a group of guests by a crazy man with a rifle on an ATV. The police guy goes around trying to figure out a means of escape (phone lines are cut) while the girl deals with her shattered trust issues (teen party went bad which is how she ended up on the road for the police to pick up), and both discover the shooter is deliberately targeting people at the hotel and some of the guests can't be trusted.

I've got it all pretty much set out, the key is making sure I can keep the tension and atmosphere going.

Hannibal lecter comes to mind, Moriarty, If you want deviant in power you have to have ignorant masses.

But to have a evil genious in a room full of regular geniouses you end up with just a deranged shit flinger of a person. SO, Start with that and then make good reasons for all the people around them want to not think too hard about why this guy is just a deranged lunatic that wants to make people line up to get fucked by a horse.

Justified did a great one in the second to last season, some coked out ex rape boy drug miniboss loosing his shit over getting powned out by the local fuana..

I thought it was just going to be Hotel California at first

I came up with a magic system I've never seen before the other day, so I wrapped an urban fantasy/cyberpunk story around it and realised I had basically remade Shadowrun.
I still like it though, and my magic is logical and consistent so it feels good to use.

A fire in the surrounding area would help keep the plans in motion, Keep the local populates evacuated to boot as well.
Make it a hero story about a guy with crippling suicide and the amazing powers to keep himself alive despite it. A heroic story about doing good for the world despite the hardships and shitty life that was handed to you.

" Thank you for saving my cat mr, how did you to it?"
"I thought for sure climbing to the top of that tree and falling on my head would end my horrid existence but i caught the branch with my leg on the way down and somersaulted over your cat and landed on that fire hydrant. Not dead, but at least the cats safe"
"Thanks mr."
"I'm going to go run into traffic now"
He goes on to stop three drunk drivers a bank robber and someone who left their blinker on for three miles.
Sounds like Hiltlers experience in world war one. There's half of your book there mate.
Actual history has humans as a gathered society at around 12, 000 years ago. Maybe have the bacteria from the cave and the new junk he brings along shift him over to what modern humans look like. And maybe set it all in China, not much change has happened there.
What's the metaphor you are going with to have this shapshifter represent? After that you can search how it was cross examined by philosophy and a few historians to get a bigger part of where the stories will lead.
Very kafka, Which is good. But try not to make it a metaphor about masturbation.
Sounds fun. Make her dominate the world, The first queen. Two purses and all that.

I was tossing around this idea and would be curious to hear what others think.

>Follows an early 20s dude from an undisclosed European country, set in the 18th century.
>He's nobility, but his family isn't rich or anything. Has a bit of a superiority complex.
>For some reason (haven't quite figured it out) a peasant challenges him to a duel.
>MC accepts and fires his pistol in the air to humiliate the peasant, but not kill him.
>The stray shot knocks a brick loose or something which caves the peasant's head in.
>The rest of the book is the MC trying to deal with the event. Questions whether or not he was responsible.

Moral might be something along the lines of the random shittiness of life.

Or even the dangers of perceived injustice.
> That's the future earl of penningshire, He killed our version of rasputine with a cannon he brought to a dual.
> Let's burn his home down and star the french revolution
> And so the earl of penninshire watched his ancestral home burn to the ground and his siblings and parents put to the sword before joining the Spanish military to fight off Napoleon.

The moral of the story is, be careful the hill you stand on.

I might have read into it a bit much but i like the idea

"Niebla" by Miguel de Unamuno

>utopian community in pre-civil war US
>charismatic leader at the head of a small group of citizens of the community who are trying to sustain themselves
>one day, he has a breakdown and goes silent
>confusion ensues, community breaks down slowly

I have this image in my head for the ending, where he sits alone in a rocking chair á la late Nietzsche and the scene around him is just abanoned homes, workshops, barren fields etc

I think there is a chinese book lost in time somewhere about what happend when the britsh stopped caring about the opimum trade.

Fits your book a bit. Wish i could find it...

I'm writing an Opie and Anthony fantasy fanfic, where they are prophets in ancient Greece and are doing shocking stunts to keep the attention of their jaded lower class audience.

Gods will be involved later, and it's heavily inspired by the style of ASOIAF.

Have you read W&P? There's a part where
Pierre duels his wife's lover, and accidentally shoots him, despite trying to miss. That could serve as inspiration

My story is about a world that ends. So that we can let go of a fantasy story where "the world ending" is at stake. It starts with love, two people, at the end of the world, who love each other so much, connecting with each other so deeply, who try to say everything that they are to one another but can not because there is not enough time and the world ends.

And the next chapter begins in the new world where the doors open and give light to the day and everything is dawning and he is there and she is there and he loves her and she loves him but they have not said it yet.

Is that okay?

oooff.

you tried.

:( what's wrong?

Exactly 42,069 pages of urination scenes, one per page. It's about the shortcomings of postmodernity, and is titled Psst. About 50% done.

best itt

I want to write a novel about the writings of a monk in a no-magic fantasy world. She rediscovers the sun as the real god of the universe and is on a quest to convert the planet, which is of course fucking egregious because even though she has real low-fantasy magic, people would just burn her if they discovered it and be done with it.

I don't want it to be post-modern obfuscated garbage in the form of letters and notLatin/Old English so maybe a narrative in the eyes of the people around her would be better. The Climax would be her realizing what must be done to truly convert the world without it actually happening in the book.

I don't even know and yeah I have 100,000 words worth of material or so.

>Make her dominate the world
In fact she will have a very limited (almost zero) influence. It's hard to change the world and its people (I want share that feeling of impotence and adversity), let these little kings exercise their control over the mindless sheeps. The travel of our protagonists do have a more elevated purpose.

Instant classic.

If executed properly, it sounds like it could be genuinely kinda beautiful.

Fantasy epic with episodic tales featuring different villages and monsters, set in my local region

I live in an area of a New World country that doesn't have a lot of surviving lore from the natives, but I think the geography (and post-Columbian culture + history) is too interesting to not have some cool myths associated with the different features and sub-regions.

My story is one of a socially awkward nerd failing at life. I don't even have the courage to finish it so it just drags on and on.

A world, might as well be set in ours, with advanced philosophy; the concept of equal exchange, good and bad, of karma was redefined as exertion and reward, people started seeing the absolute neutrality in all reactions corresponding to their actions. But things don't add up, while small acts are quickly balanced out again it's obvious that everything's going down the drain on a larger scale. The majority of the world's population is suffering and dying and it turns out the pocket into which all the reward for everyone exertions kept flowing into was god.

A modern gaze into the abyss and the abyss gazes back story of some autist, preferably not a neet but some socially accepted lifestyle that's essentially equal to being a neet, that's infatuated with what he views as pioneers of the human mind. Scours the web looking for the far opposite end of the normie scale, for utter perversion that was unthinkable before the internet, the good shit like a forum centered around tulpa rape, waifu sharing circles, anti normie communities whose hate for flock mentality is purer than love, some cute stuff too. His view of being too desensitized to lose himself on the way would play a big role, maybe a bigger one than his journey, until he goes beyond just going out of his way to find proof of having thicker skin than any philosopher, psychologist and whatnot before him, lots of meta.

A story of a guy that has a revolutionary idea for language study, but finds out more than just a way to connect people across the world, he finds a way to objectively gauge the logic humanity's way of thinking is not ready for and works towards unveiling those areas. This one has the flaw of being impossible to write, but maybe I can just take a step back in meta and write about an author trying to write about that guy instead who eventually breaks down because he realizes the meta rabbit hole isn't interesting enough to salvage all his dumb ideas for novels.

>Premise: A guard to the doors of heaven has to face a dilemma. The man who devoted his life to saving thousands of lives, many of them Christians, didn’t believe in God. Rejecting him would mean rejecting his charitable work, but accepting him would set the standard that the rules to get into Heaven have no meaning. The decision Davit makes sets the standard for all the other guards and how they decide who gets into heaven, and who doesn’t.

Not sure. I hope to finish it because the main character is in homage to a cousin that recently passed away, and it'd be the first writing I finish outside of activities that force me to write, but only time will tell.

is it bad that I was reminded of the wizard of oz?

>So, what's your story about?
Euthanasia in space.
>Are you going to finish it someday?
Probably not. I'm at 15,000 words, but I've written it over 2 years.

It's a bit more like a messiah parody. A god gives his daughter to men in order to redeem them.

bumpo

>man goes blind in his teens
>later in adulthood he becomes deaf also
>can no longer work and is put into care in a new flat
>begins to suspect that his neighbours are stealing from him

its just a short story

It's about a young adult whose father just died. He stumbles upon a shitty clickbait article online that claims researchers found out and proved that happiness didn't exist. He doesn't even really read the article, but because he's mourning, the idea that he'll never find happiness again fucks him up. He refuses it and basically does everything he can to prove the contrary, to find happiness. In the end he eventually realizes that happiness itself is not an end, and that there are more important things to pursue; and that the pain maybe isn't all that bad, that it's a part of him he shouldn't suppress.

(IRL my father is just fine, this is almost 100% fiction btw. Also English isn't my first language so excuse the awkward grammar/syntax).

sounds pretty funny, would read. any ideas for the ending/resolution?

im open to suggestions, im shit with endings

maybe ill just make it he never realised that his door had a cat flap and they had been coming in and taking food, knocking things over and tracking dirt through or some shit

Basically Titanic-in-Space if I'm going to be perfectly honest

I'm right at the end.

I want to tell a story where some lonely, unattractive (but marginally successful) man whines about how lonely he is, while his tranny roommate falls in love with him, and is clearly set up to be a perfect companion to him, but he rejects her for a bunch of cynical, self-loathing reasons.

I'm afraid I've got the whole thing in reverse. I think, in reality, it's so much more likely that she would reject him. The problem is, the tranny is the protag who I've been endearing to the audience. Can I really destroy all the goodwill I've been building for her by having her reject someone who's perfect for her just because he's slightly unattractive? (she's slightly unattractive too, and will probably never pass, but is reasonably feminine)

The whole point of the story was to get across that there's a soul that transcends the body... but I'm starting to believe this isn't the case. I'm starting to think I'm wrong, and we're nothing more than soulless bio-robots looking for someone to swap protein-packs with.

Wow, thanks so much for the input. I'm going to use this.

Do both lovers fit in the escape capsule?

A group of fantasy characters that go behind the actual heroic party and fix/clean/help things that they messed up in their adventuring and destruction.

I don't think I'll ever even get past the first chapter.

muh Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

I want to write a story about someone finding a huge abandoned castle in the wilderness and moving in, stocking up on meat and supplies from the nearby town before winter arrives, then they spend it either sleeping comfortably in a fluffy bed or exploring the old castle.

It's not really a story though, I just like the idea of being alone in a big old place in the middle of nowhere.

It's a comfy idea for an RPG game.

It's just semi-autobiographical mini-me whining
Even I end up "finishing" it, nobody will care

So... you have a story planned, some guidelines about the style, and you're sitting in front of a white paper... The proper words don't come to your mind, and all what you write sounds overreacted and pretentious.

How to fix this?

young white man in a big city who feels kind of burned-out and drinks a little too much and has random conversations with people at bars or in the street

I'm writing a novel about a future invasion and liberation of Europe, I've told you enough. I think the idea could even be interesting but I'm not skilled enough to make it work.

At the moment I'm about to finish a short story, about 7 pages long, about colonization of a planet, where 21st century's men meet their inhuman descendants.

Stealing this for my next short story.