What is the deal with McDonald's chicken items?

What is the deal with McDonald's chicken items?
I went and got their new tendies tonight, and as I was eating the first one, I was thinking, "Hey, these are actually pretty good."

But then I took a bite of this one, and bit into a huge hunk of some inedible chicken part.

No big deal, right? Shit happens. I rip the inedible bits off and eat the rest of it. Then I reach for another tendie. Lo and behold, I bite into ANOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SOMETHING INEDIBLE. Two out of the four tendies I got were literally more parts inedible than edible.

For fuck's sake, McDonald's, they're called chicken tenders, not chicken tendons.

It's not the first time I've gotten inedible chicken from them, either. Their chicken sandwiches are often filled with cartilage too.

>inedible

it's edible if you try hard enough

Well, perhaps I'm just a sissy.

I wouldn't rule that out.

Sounds good to me

Does it really?

I'm just glad we're having a nice casual discussion about tendies like we used to do in the old days and nobody is bringing Szechuan sauce into the discussion

Can't chew? Swallow it whole.

I don't really care for sweet and sour or szechuan sauce desu.

I enjoy McDonald's sriracha mac sauce, though.

that's what you get for refusing to go to burger king

Sounds like poor quality control and what else can you expect from McDonald's? Mine were perfectly fine, btw. They're different from the chicken selects and they're the same stuff as the buttermilk crispy sandwich, just no bun.

The buffalo sauce is really very good, I recommend it if you've never had it.

Burger King's chicken items are even worse. The long chicken is okay, but not worth what they charge for it.

And their fries are horrible.
>they're the same stuff as the buttermilk crispy sandwich, just no bun
That's exactly the sandwich I've had tendon troubles with before.

I must just be really unlucky but I'm starting to think twice about getting chicken items from McDonald's. I never get cartilage in my chicken at Zaxby's or Chick-Fil-A.
I'll keep that in mind. I see looking at the ingredients that it doesn't have any sugar/HFCS which is good. Some fast food places sweeten their buffalo sauce and that's just nasty.

Have you tried the new Burger King chicken? It's a tremendous improvement over the slab of cartilage they used to serve.

if they are true chicken tenders then they have a piece of tendon at one end. buy a bag of chicken tenders or cut the tenderloin part off of a breast, you'll see it. but if it was a big piece of inedible stuff I'm not sure what it could be

Similar anecdote from this user regarding quality control. I'll go to Chick-fil-a and Zaxby's for chicken items, but I sometimes get the grilled chicken sandwich from McDonald's and end up with more issues from the latter. I'll likely order the Buttermilk Crispy Tenders a few more times to try out the other sauces, but honestly there are other restaurants with better chicken tendies here in the South.

> Expecting quality food from McDonalds

I miss Hot Mustard.

Haven't had their breast filets in a while, but I had one of their $1 spicy sandwiches the other night, and it was even worse than I remembered.
Yeah this wasn't something that is present on normal chicken tendies.
>but honestly there are other restaurants with better chicken tendies here in the South.
Ah, a fellow Dixie user. Yeah I usually go to Zaxby's for tendies or Chick-Fil-A for sandwiches, but I heard good things about these tendies.
Really it's their fries that keep pulling me back in. I can just tolerate their entrees. But those fries, man. Nowhere else can beat fresh McD's fries.

Very very few "chicken tenders" are made from the muscle you describe, mainly because there is such a small amount of meat on those from any given chicken. The overwhelming majority of "chicken tenders" are simply breast meat that is cut into strips.

That's what the McD's ones are. I've had them twice now. The grain direction of the meat makes it clear it's just breast meat that's sliced into strips.

Both of the orders I got had zero mystery bits in them.

>Nowhere else can beat fresh McD's fries.
You can. In your kitchen.

why is this a regional thing. I'm so glad they still have it around here. sorry about your luck user.
hot mustard is a dynamite sauce

when it comes to the tenders, I can't see myself paying a buck per tender. so I doubt I'll ever try them. just like I never tried the version they had a few years back

>You can. In your kitchen.
Yeah, maybe if I go all out and double fry them in beef tallow or duck fat or whatever the current meme is.

But who the fuck has time to bother with all that for a single serving of a side dish?

When I make potatoes at home I just cut them into wedges and bake.

I'm starting to see why your food is so much cheaper in the 'states compared to us here in Canuckistan.. Your food is garbage.

I eat fast food far more than I should, and I have NEVER had cartilage, bits of fat or tendon, or anything inedible from those places. Doesn't matter if it's chicken-mulch or actual chicken breast or strips, never had anything like that.

I've heard we have more quality control over what's sold here food-wise but always kind of assumed McDonald's and the like would be somehow exempt, maybe because it wouldn't be sold as food but as "orally acceptable product" or something.

>wah my factory pounded chicken slurry stick isn't 100% the same consistency like mommy's homemade tendies were
it's edible, its not like there was broken glass and battery acid in it. although there should have been desu

Chicken tenders are the white meat's hot dog. Faggot.

That would be chicken nuggets. Reformed scrap meat paste

When you guys make your own tendies, how do you go about preparing the meat?
I buy chicken breast and it has huge tendons running through the middle.
Do you guys remove it or just leave it as is?
I've done both and haven't actually noticed it by the time it's fried.

I've never had this issue with anywhere except McDonald's.
If it was a "slurry stick," then this wouldn't be a problem you fucking idiot, because the tendons would be ground into a paste like the rest of the chicken.

Their shitty buttermilk sandwiches are literally inedible for this exact reason. I haven't had this problem with the new tendies though, the thought of it scares me though.