Why didn't anyone tell me this shit is disgusting? It's like drinking from a rotten juice box

Why didn't anyone tell me this shit is disgusting? It's like drinking from a rotten juice box.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zb6thEcSRbY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not had red, but black label is legit. Rip Christopher Hitchens.

I think it's pretty solid. It has a smoother, more muted taste than most other whiskeys. Plus, it's Elliot Smith's drink of choice, and he stabbed himself in the fucking heart.
youtube.com/watch?v=zb6thEcSRbY

Isn't it intended to mixed?

It tastes like a burnt tire last time i had it

It's a sipping whiskey, but it can be mixed.

>tfw i fell for the Tullamore DEW meme
atleast i have my pumping pie spice infused whiskey to drink instead

It's fairly standard Irish whiskey. I have a bottle of it at the moment. Very little to distinguish it from Jameson or Bushmills.

i like 2 gingers best for Irish.

Black Label is way better

report em to the advertising bureau

4 me its Tullamore DEW, the worst Ireland has to offer

are you sure?

Are you high or just have no taste buds? Tullamore, Jameson's and Bushmills all have VERY different tastes.

>overrated author likes an overrated whiskey

Imagine my shock

Never tried Paddy's. I won't now though

Thoughts in Teelings Irish whiskey?
Is it just shit whiskey with a hip Millennial label and bottle? or is it decent?

We memed you hard

>He fell for the red lable meme

Black and up. If you want economical whiskey get makers or knob.

Why bother with the expensive Johnnie Walker blends when you could get single malts for that price?

Me personally if I want to drink neat I get the makers. Templeton sometimes if I feel like paying more.

Red Eye is just fine though, Walker have a quality range behind their basic pleb standard stuff

>He fell for the scotch meme
It's all bad

>t. bourbon nigger

they are both good

You can it with Coke, I believe that was Dick Cheney's favorite drink. I don't know why I know this.

I think it has that burnt taste because of bog peat. I personally don't like Scotch.

Walker is the Jack Daniels of scotch. Now that you've tried babby's first scotch, you can figure out where you want to branch to. Something more peated? Maybe something a lot more malted?

>He fell for the scotch meme

Try rye you greenhorn

This guy knows his stuff...

>drink johnnie walker red
>stab yourself in the heart

I wouldn't say it's quite that bad.

>this
Red Label was the casual whisky that hooked me to the craft. From that I went to Black Label and then to Isley whiskies and other scotch.
I still bring a Red Label to parties and so, my favourite budget choice.

Numale tastebuds can't handle liquor without cranberry juice mixed in

Numale or oldmale, nobody should ever have to suffer Red Label.

Euphoric.

>Isley whiskies

as popularised by the isley brothers.

Haha, nice one. True, I fucked that one up hilariously.

>and he was stabbed in the fucking heart by his girlfriend

FTFY

They had this for like 30% off so I thought why not? Holy shit, it's the most disgusting whiskey I've ever tried.

>It's fairly standard Irish whiskey.
>says quite clearly on the bottle "Scotch" and "distilled, blended and bottled in Scotland"
Tell us more of your outstanding knowledge facts senpai.

This.
He trusted a roastie

>talks shit like he knows shit
>doesn't know shit
user was talking about tullamore dew, you paste-eater.

Oh sorry,my bad. You can still go fuck yourself, Reddit fag

don't embarrass yourself further, admit your mistake and leave it at that

It is most certainly not a "sipping whisky"

>just poured myself a bit of red label
>open up Veeky Forums for the first time in ages
>see this on front page

GET OUTTA MY BRAIN user

Sounds like pretty much all alcohol to me.

A year ago i've tried the classic Whiskey coke, needless to say it's still fucking shit. Red label is a no-go in my book.

Jameson or jack is nice, even a cheap bottle of 12 is doable. Anything better than red label.

It's mentioned in like every liquor thread.

Just drink water you degenerate shit.

Red is not sipping and even JW acknowledges that

lucky bastard

anyone here ever tried this? wife got a 2013 at auction for me but I dare not open it

The Glenlivet 12?
Gimme the redpill on it

I just had a glass! It's not the best but at the pricepoint it's smooth and excellent

I like pic related. No bully.

>SourMash

Kill yourself

Nice. Just grabbed a small bottle and a couple lotto tickets.
I'll give it a try after supper

I just tried the bottle i bought.
It was decent, pretty smooth. The flavors were rather flat to me, but overall i enjoyed it.
I think I'll try another brand next time

Red label is acceptable for the price. The higher end ones are still shitty blended scotch sold at rare single-malt prices to people who don't know any better.

Not true though. It's really about finding what you like. I have to force myself to drink lagers for example but several stouts taste unironically good to me. Guinness is my favourite, it's on the same level as drinking an oranange juice for example as it comes so naturally. Same with whiskies, the only kind of spirit next to kräuterlikörs that taste good to me.

All spirits suck dick from retailers
Get some homemade stuff that doesn't burn going down amd after three or two goes your doing just fine
... then you can say you once found yourself on my level amd we can laugh some at these filthy fags

My green label was too much for me honestly not my kinda drink harsh even

The purple stuff or double black i may need to try, as for the red and black they are meh maybe even why ever again tier

This is the worst one I've had. I'm not sure I'd actually call it whisky.

>I buy whiskey based on my favorite celebrity

>Teelings Irish whiskey

pretty good imo. not very versed in irish whiskeys but i found it lovely and balanced

What is a good whiskey where everyone can agree on?
Best I've tried was a tullermore dew but I've never spent more than 20€ on whiskey.

I usually suggest Glenfiddich to beginners. It's very smooth and inoffensive without being too boring.

They always used to market red label as one that was meant to be mixed, and black as one you drank on its own. Black is pretty good, but far too expensive now, you can always find a decent single malt for the same price or less.

Highland Park 12 is a good place to start as it is always cheaper and far superior, plus it has a bit of everything. Sweetness, a touch of smoke, and a decent finish. Failing that, Aberlour 12 is very nice with a good bit of sherry to it.
Good god what was that like? Never had the balls to try it

I agree with , you can't really miss it with Glenfiddich. People also mostly agree on Ardbeg 10 and Nikka From the Barrel, these are all great choices. I'd start with Glenfiddich and see where your taste develops, Talisker 10 and Auchentoshan (around 50€) could further help you to orientate yourself. Read reviews of these on masterofmalt or other sites.

>I post 7-year-old me-mes on the internet

Awesome thanks , I'mma pick up a bottle

Fuck off Dan.

It wasn't very good, if you can imagine it.
I swear I could taste the caramel they used to colour it.
May very well have been shitty vodka with additives actually.

I just kind of have a little tradition of trying something really bottom shelf when I travel to another country. I had this when I went back the year after. (Dublin)

And no, that wasn't very good either.

I tried it for the first time last week and I really enjoyed it. Not too overpowering but enough to taste

Bte did you try the regular or the single grain?
The store by me sells both