Cocktail thread

Can we have a co/ck/tail thread? List your favorite mixed drinks and any recipes if you got them

To me it's the Negroni, the best cocktail

Rusty nail, Whiskey Sour and Old Fashioned are the only acceptable cocktails for men.

My favorite traditional Italian cocktail is a nice cold Martini.

I really like a long island, is there any other high alcohol drinks that are disguised as well as that one?

I like whiskey cocktails like whiskey sour, manhattan or gold rush.

bump

>sour drinks

Just learn to like the taste of the actual liquor instead of trying to mask it.

Do you learn to appreciate the taste of campari eventually or is it a love it or hate it deal.

To me the best and only cocktail that everyone should know how to make is an old fashioned. My recipe is brown sugar syrup, bitters and mid-shelf scotch (I know bourbon is traditional), twist of orange peel. When making it for someone else light the spray of orange peel on fire before throwing the twist in. I don't know if it makes any difference to the taste but it looks cool.

>whiskey redditors
gin and vodka are /our liquors/

Gin & Tonic is great because the recipe is in the name
this way you never forget how to make

I basically make an old fashion with vodka instead of whisky. 6 of them in an evening will do me well.

Imagine being so insecure in your masculinity that you turn away from thousands of positive experiences.

Try brandy instead, with a bit of 7up and cherry juice

Alright, best mixed drink coming through. I take a 1L stein. Add a bunch of ice, fill with Berri Estates Rose to about 850mL, top to the 1L with Pepsi.
Drink that, then have another, then have another, and go to sleep.

>newfag nigger
embracing your masculinity is not being insecure in it. you need to go back.

awww shit, I was just about to start a thread on cocktails. Not a frequent visitor of Veeky Forums. Do you often get these types of threads?
How do I learn more about spirits in the first place? What goes well with what etc?

>embracing your masculinity is not being insecure in it. you need to go back.

Fuck you cock monster.

Only women are allowed to embrace femininity.

Men aren't allowed to embrace shit.

lol feminine = good. masculine = bad.

Literally:

> Woman good. Man bad. Ugga Booga.

I've liked it from the beginning

What would be the best cocktail recipe books?
What would be the best cocktail recipe books that I can find online?

Trader vics

I couldn't stand Campari when I first tried it. It was far too bitter for me. But I forced myself to finish the bottle because I didn't want it to go to waste.
Now, 2 years later, I go through a bottle of Fernet-Branca a month.
Amari: not even once.

Go-to is a Manhattan. My personal recipe is:
2oz rye (preferable something high-rye like Bulleit)
2/3 oz sweet Vermouth
1/3 oz Luxardo
3 dashes bitters (I use Bitter Truth)

Grand Marnier is also fun in place of Luxardo.

"A long vodka is made by adding lemonade, or soda water, and lime cordial to 1 or 2 shots of vodka on ice. The glass can either be rinsed (and then emptied) with Angostura bitters, or 2–3 drops can be added to taste; distinguishing the drink from a vodka lime and lemonade"

I keep a thing of simple syrup in the fridge and just squeeze out some lime and lemon. I really like the bitters with it. Don't add more than 3 drops though you won't taste anything else.

For me it's the Cointreau Rickey the best orange flavored alcoholic drink

That's a funny way to spell Scorpion Bowl

For my money, the best cocktail ever is the Trinidad Sour. Orgeat, rye whiskey, lemon juice and more than an ounce of Angostura. Spicy and perfectly balanced.

it's called the Arizona Crapshoot

>1 can Arizona Iced Tea, any flavor
>3-5 oz of whatever booze you can get your alchy hands on

Coworker gave me a bottle of white tequila. What do?

Whiskey Sour, Moscow Mule, Salty Dog, maybe a Long Island depending on where I go.

Hobo sunrise
Half a pint glass full of ever clear
Fill the rest with Sunny D or HIC.
A splash of grenadine if you have it
Wa la

Smash man ass.

cheeky cunt

Most of the older Tiki drinks are like 2/3 to 3/4 alcohol if prepared according to the original recipes.

Sazerac or rye manhattan

Singapore Sling.

I like to make Moscow Mules.

What I do different is use cucumber vodka. Add a splash of ginger liquor. And a splash of elderflower liquor.

One of my favourite cocktails so far is the Mentha Fushia:
-0,5cl of strawberry syrup
-5cl of Peppermint liqueur (I use Get 31)
-15cl of sparkling water
I find it to be even more refreshing than a gin and tonic

2 part tequila
1 part lime juice
1 part cointreau
magerita
goat drink

flaming homer

thanks, rodney