>tfw was probably just too young

This
>No Exit
>Myth of Sisyphus
>In the Penal Colony
>El Aleph

OP here.

>tfw dealt with existentialism extensively on an intellectual level
>tfw feeling existentialism on a deeply-personal level for the first time and feel like i'm drowning in anxiety

help

Beckett
Kafka (already mentioned)
Borges (already mentioned)
fuck Camus
McElroy (smuggler's bible is especially solipsistic if not existential)
barth has some nice moments as well

>pic related

>reading Soares' prosa instead of Campos or Based Caeiro's poetry or Mensagem

FUCKING PLEB!

also

Ok we have different taste, whats your point?

Anna Karenina

i read The Stranger and Existentialism is a Humanism

My point is that you are a pleb. Pessoa & His Pals' poetry is actually superior to his fragments in prose

But my guesses are that you probably have to be a Tuga to feel that way

>Metamorphosis by Kafka
Because I realized that I don't really have control over the events that are happening in my life and that people that I love will eventually turn their backs on you when you need them the most and it just a fact of life.

>1984 by George Orwell
The moment that I realized that I really don't have any natural rights to true freedom in modern society and how the state or country that I am a citizen of controlled my every decision and gave me the illusion that I'm in charge until I try to search for true freedom myself by using my critical thinking skills and found out that happiness and freedom criminalizes and unattainable.

>reading translated poetry
>implying anybody knows portuegese

>The moment that I realized that I really don't have any natural rights to true freedom in modern society and how the state or country that I am a citizen of controlled my every decision and gave me the illusion that I'm in charge until I try to search for true freedom myself by using my critical thinking skills and found out that happiness and freedom criminalizes and unattainable.

At least you can insult your society, your State and your country and get away with it, Edgelord

Point contra point - Huxley A.

Learn Portuguese, then. Don't need to speak it, just to understand it in written form

This

Kafka will improve nothing. He's nore of a portraiturist than a problem solver.

I don't know. Why not read the prose of an inspired, dying man who nonetheless insisted upon life's fineness? Read Robert Louis Stevenson's short essay The Lantern Bearers, and if you like it his Travels on a Donkey, and An Inland Voyage..

Ram Dass