Has a movie/tv food or drink promotion ever worked on you?

Has a movie/tv food or drink promotion ever worked on you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=048_sHBGY-w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Wj_VdoomA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no because paying like 17 britbongs for a fucking large pizza hut pizza is a fucking con when the local pizza shop 5 mins away can sell me a better one for like 5-6 britbongs.

The only example I can think of is when I was a kid I got those ninja turtle-themed pies.

If this shit didn't work on you, you were born dead inside.

no, but considering we only have either Pizza hut or Pizza pizza, and the local pizza places keep opening then getting shut down cause everyone goes to pizza hut and pizza pizza. pizza hut is my only option because pizza pizza tastes like ass. (pizza pizza gets their business from the bar crowd by staying open till 3am on weekends and by delivering, which pizza hut does not deliver.) This is what it is like in a town of 10.5k people

GOTTA GET THAT SZECHUAN SAUCE!!!

In 1999 when Burger King had the green apple slime dipping sauce for nuggets. My mom let me loose at a mall in Chicago where they were doing a big Pokemon event and I had the nuggets and sauce for lunch. It was pretty good, I'd eat it again.

I'm very suspicious of non-beef burgers from chain restaurants and would never have tried the McChicken if it weren't for that stupid shit being spammed here constantly. It's not a bad burger I will have it again.
Never ever eating the one with the fish, though.

Oh, and I bought a szechuan sauce for $200 but that's just a smart investment really.

made me see this disaster

I’m a pretty suggestible person, but when it comes to movies or TV I think product placement is just low class and I’m immediately turned off by that product.
In contrast, when I see like pap pics or whatever with celebrities I like and the product is in those I’m much more likely to buy it.

>ate this and the purple and green ketchup sold during the shrek promotion
>for a couple of days mom buys us mcdonalds
>get chicken nuggies everyday and literally shovel the dyed ketchup into my mouth
>shit colors while farting uncontrollably and having massive diarrhea spewing green

I started watching Rick and Morty after everyone here started shilling that McDonald's sauce last weekend.

Thanks guys, for introducing me to such a great show!

Wow I wish I was as intelligent as you!

What the fuck

Szheshun sauce worked on the US.

This jew actually made me order some papa johns. Pizza was kinda meh tho.

Coke in Blade Runner
Subway in Happy Gilmore was pretty funny
Various Dunken Donuts promos
Chinese food in Dude Where's My Car
I know spoilers don't work here but /spoiler/ WELCOME TO GOOD BURGER, HOME OF THE GOOD BURGER.

Come at me.

The Taco Bell clam tacos when Debbie Does Dallas came out.

Yes, because i am a filthy goy

this whole movie.

never heard of white castle in all my life. saw the movie, made plans to visit on my next trip to visit the family on thanksgiving.

white castle was okay, definitely not deserving of its own 2 hr movie

It was 1 1/2 hours

oh, in that case, it was most definitely worth a 1.5 hr movie

Was really hungover one day after being out on the rip, one of those ones where I couldn't get out of bed. So I sat watching TV until an ad for KFC came on and I immediately got dressed and drove there.

I got a mighty bucket for one with extra gravy then went back to sleep

Not really. Just a few retarded Veeky Forums basement dwelling fags.

It's stoner food you dink

Huh, learn something new everyday. I wonder why they didn't explore that in the movie?

BTTF made me drink more Pepsi.

Their doing a second event bringing it back for weeks this winter in every location because people complained.

Good job wasting 200$ for some nugget sauce that's gonna be worth nothing now because everyone will have it. Fuckin Lulz

You made your mom buy this

I'm glad I don't live near one of those, one of my cousins used to and he has their entire menu memorized

I almost went to a Gyu-Kaku after watching Tiger & Bunny but the only one around is in NYC.

fuck off Paul Rudd

Szechuan Sauce.
Fucking kikes

Good job missing the fucking joke.

But...what about second breakfast?

Not the jug, but I did get the juice boxes.

>I got a mighty bucket for one with extra gravy then went back to sleep
did you eat the bucket though?

James bond made me try a vodka martini
Couldn't deal

Yes. I absolutely had to stop for white castle when I drove thru Ohio because of Harold and Kumar. It was fucking delicious.

It's not supposed to affect you directly. It's way more subtle. You associate the brand with the characteristics the marketing guys want you to. At least in a successful campaign.

My one promotional fast-food buy in 163 years on Earth has been Papa John's Cheeseburger Pizza.
I regret that decision.

One time I saw a Chik-Fil-A billboard on the highway and then went to Chik-Fil-A.

I got these sausages with bell pepper mixed in because my favorite superhero show was advertising them. Ended up tasting like crap but my mom made me at them all anyway :[

cos they got like 40 burgers and chips and a bunch of cokes for like 50 dollars, its really cheap and shitty food that tastes good when you've got the munchies.

Friends and I ordered multiple pizza hut pies every time we had a session of watching code Geass

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey got me to put a Sobe in mom's cart once or twice.

And elevenses

either way your paying for some mudslime to touch your food

Honestly no. I am very smart and don't allow corporate advertising to rule my world. Not one corporate commercial has ever convinced me to buy or made me crave their product. You have to be *extremely* naive, stupid, gullible and a complete and utter sheer consumerist dog to allow pathetic advertising to control your life choices and mind. I instantly lose respect for people who buy advertised items (e.g McDonald's burgers).

This

We were driving down to Florida from Canada and went in at like 1am to try it out
>Collection of the greasiest people I've ever seen in one place
>Picking off people's trays that went to the washroom
>Floor is greasy/slippery
>Smells like B.O.
>Get a pack of like 5-10 sliders
>They were okay but not really worth dealing with everything surrounding them.

youtube.com/watch?v=048_sHBGY-w

>tfw the last christmas I spent with my dad was Denny's during this
That hobbit hole breakfast was pretty good tho.

GABAGOOL

A large pizza from pizza hut or domino's is 10 britbongs you lying slag

I always want White Castle after watching Harold and Kamar Go To White Castle.

wat the hell ur parents feeding u macas multiple days in a row, bad parenting

What show is this image from? I see pictures of this dude so much on here, but never saw what he's from.

does going to wendys because of le dank maymays count?

Every mcdonalds movie has made me go out and get some.

Red Letter Media on Youtube

Sip threads have gotten me hooked

wtf is that shit?

hobbit hole breakfast was great. I've been meaning to recreate those egg things

Not a movie, not a promotion

But in season 1 daredevil there's a scene where Kingpin makes himself an omelette, and I had to run out to the store for some eggs to make one for myself.

you fucks made me want to try culvers. The burgers were pretty good, but the cheese curds were cold and hard.

The first Ninja Turtles hit when I was young enough to be completely influenced and stupid, so not did I only want Dominos pizza when my parents ordered, I wanted penicillin as a topping. I thought it was basically oregano, not mold.

I work in marketing and pay way too much attention to it, so there's a lot of other shit I've tried out by being made aware of it from advertising... but that's probably the best one overall.

>HOW ABOUT A GRANDSLAMWICH

Is this a cleverly disguised R&M thread?

You know that commercial in movie theaters where it's literally just some coke-cola pouring onto some ice? Works on me every time. The clinking of the ice and the coke filling the cup is fucking magical.

Me too. And demand a Huey Lewis and the news album for my birthday. And get a skateboard, and get nike sneakers. Probably some other things too.

Wtf ???

Stop lying retard

This, but the 2nd movie intro. Even now it makes me want pizza.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Wj_VdoomA

To be fair, those billboards are clever advertising.

I thought Cheeseburger Pizza was the best idea anyone had ever come up with. I just don't want to spend money on Papa Johns because for $3 more I can get a real pizza. Papa is like 90% bread and no sauce unless you special order it.

Started smoking Mild Seven after watching GTO.

I bought sushi after the Las Vegas shooting.

Gto made me crave sweaty Asian feet

>Yfw you realize they gave him an extra small slice so he'd look like he had big hands.

Ew. No. When I was a kid that shit came in a can. 'and it was ambrosia.

That's Rich Evans better known as Internet superstar PewdiePie.

Wanta Fanta

GTO made me love teaching even more.

I'm gonna have nightmare fuel for days now

>>>/reddit/

I consumed the contents of said bucket but not the bucket itself

>going to White Castle at 1am
Understandable
>actually going IN to the building
Dude really what are you doing?

Szechuan.

When battlefield 3 came out they had some tie in where you could buy Dr Pepper bottles with codes for skins and XP boosts and shit.

I really liked the game so I ended up going to my 7/11 and buying like 14 bottles over the course of two weeks.

I was a 19 year old /v/ autist at the time

did he die or did you move away?

/sp/ makes me order PJs. The pizza is not great but they shit out 2 for 1s and 50% off coupons whenever my local teams win and that just stacks with their rewards program

Where I live it isn't a good idea to go to fast food places between 1-5am, especially at weekends. McDonalds is especially renowned in my city for being fight central, something kicks off literally every half an hour in that place.

That's why it has some of the toughest bouncers in town even moreso than the clubs. Although they're normally just as bad as the customers, you can tell they really enjoy beating up drunk idiots.

Having said this I still end up there drunk nearly every Saturday night

>getting assaulted is so common that the McDonald's has bouncers
Holy shit jesus where the fuck do you live?

Ireland. Yeah the bouncers are just there through the night of the 24-Hour McDonalds. And they have 2 doormen on Fridays and Saturdays as well as their normal indoor security

>name is CC
>eats pizza hut

mad men got me smoking lucky strikes

Yeah, but it was good on it's own. It could have been called "Greenish Drank" and I would have still got it.

Guilty of Sioux City Sarsaparilla from The Big Lebowski. Couldn't hit In & Out last time I was on the West Coast.

Green Ecto Cooler is best Ecto Cooler

The pumpkin coffee wasn't bad

Jesus. I've known and bartender with a couple of Irish dudes. They were great guys but the fighting they could do after any amount of drinking was legendary. Can't imagine being a bouncer in Ireland!