Is all of this guy's work just edgy rebellion against his parents?

Is all of this guy's work just edgy rebellion against his parents?

>dude doctors suck
>dude rich people suck
>dude modern research sucks

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677578/
teddykw2.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/jean-baudrillard-forget-foucault.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he was a leftist homosexual so yes

judge doom?

>dude anal fisting is awesome

He's right tho

Derrida is the superior French philosopher though.

>people treated people with mental illness bad that means mental illness doesn't exist people are just different the term mental illness is stupid lmao people's minds can't work bad man its just one love man peace bro fist my anus please peace

If you don't go full Foucault, it's ok. The American style prozac-for-all is retarded, but so is >psychosis is just a different mind man

>psychosis is just a different mind man
This is factually correct, though. how could it be anything else?

Agree. Any appraoch about people's minds that attempts to provide a blanket solution is retarded.

>Derrida
>French

C'mon user.

Because the mind can be damaged by trauma. We know this. We have seen it. It's like saying a broken leg is just a different leg. True but not helpful in the least.

The implication is that some mental illnesses aren't reasonable deviations from the norm and should be treated.

>When in California, Foucault spent many evenings in the gay scene of the San Francisco Bay Area, frequenting sado-masochistic bathhouses, engaging in sexual intercourse with other patrons. He would praise sado-masochistic activity in interviews with the gay press, describing it as "the real creation of new possibilities of pleasure, which people had no idea about previously."
>Through this sexual activity, Foucault contracted HIV

How could you possibly forget
>dude laws suck
>dude not being able to fuck whoever, whenever sucks
>dude national census data sucks

You can become a savant by damaging the right part of your brain.

Go try it.

Congratulations, OP, you cracked the code of the left.

Actually, he already had HIV, knew about it, and continued to engage in such behavior.

Someone already did

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677578/

He had the right idea but I think he made too many assumptions. I don't think he actually gave a model of society he would like to see, just one he didn't

>dude aids is a social construct

faggot got what was coming for him

he actually was?

He was an Algerian Jew.

I don't understand how anyone can admire Foucault or his work in light of this. Is this not one of the most despicable, reprehensible things a person could do? How is Foucault not rightly labeled as an evil man in light of this?

Evil is just a social construct.

A man's work should not be assessed on the character of the man himself.

Go into the darkness, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And? Most French Jews are Sephardis who moved from Algeria but they're still French citizens

He's a pedo too

And when your work is making stuff up about the past to make everybody gay pedophile, what does that say about that man's work?

best post on this board ever

He got BTFO by Baudrillard. He should only be read as comedy now.

teddykw2.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/jean-baudrillard-forget-foucault.pdf

>We have access to models of the world (‘mindsets’ or mental templates) that embody the familiar. These allow us to manoeuvre rapidly when confronted with only partial information. Concepts order the world internally. Without them, order must be imposed externally, hence the imposition of rigid routines that characterizes infantile autism.

Holy... Does this mean that post-structuralism is literal autism?

KEK

foucault was just like us, he couldn't resist the pussy game.
>I wasn't always smart, I was actually very stupid in school ... [T]here was a boy who was very attractive who was even stupider than I was. And in order to ingratiate myself with this boy who was very beautiful, I began to do his homework for him—and that's how I became smart, I had to do all this work to just keep ahead of him a little bit, in order to help him. In a sense, all the rest of my life I've been trying to do intellectual things that would attract beautiful boys.

A mans work should not be judged by the whole of his work, only his greatest achievements.

How could anyone take this guy seriously when he looked like that?

acquired autism is enormously different than naive autism. we are born, and given the concept of the forest. post-structuralism aims to give us back the trees so we can form our own ideas of the forest

a man's work should not be judged.

A man's work should not be

this is hot fiyyyah

>deterritorialization muthafuka
and how do you aim to bring about your idea of the forest, if your other ideas are also from society?

the man has never offered anything useful.

>muh capitalism is bad. it's all just socially constructed power paradigms

>knowingly gives young people HIV, effectively murdering them
>"E-evil is just a social construct!!"

Well how convenient! Do you see now why guys like him pushed such an idea?

But don't forget, the social-construction idea has its dangers:

>HIV is a social construct!
>dies of AIDS

there is LITERALLY nothing wrong with ANAL SEX

I new-sincerely agree

perhaps, but there is definitely something wrong with taking your relativism to a dishonest level where you're waving all morality and biology away as "social constructs" so you can feel good about knowingly giving young men AIDS because you get a perverse rush from it.

A man should not be

A man isn't

He was trying to get you to question everything you blindly accepted as right without really thinking about it.

That entire generation of French intellectuals; Foucault, Derrida, Debord, Baudrillard, Deleuze, etc; was just butthurt because Charles de Gaulle proved that conservatism was superior to the radicalism and communism that the previous generation (Sartre, Merleau-Ponty, Gide etc) expoused.

Just imagine yourself as a French intellectual in the early 1950s and the 1960s. Your entire notion of self-worth is constructed upon your being smarter than the plebs who unironically go to church and vote for the Gaullist party, you know you are superior because you socialize with communists, who are the agents of the progressive future, and you've read Marx. You have a divine right to rule and everything you believe and say is right.

Then comes de Gaulle and takes power and he establishes the Fifth Republic, he excludes the communists from power, and it works. To make things worse, Khruschev makes his Secret Speech denouncing Stalin and exposing his crimes. The anti-communists were right! It cannot be!!! Didn't Sartre (pbuh) said that every anti-communist is a dog? How can it be possible that those dumb, uneducated peasants be right while the flower of the French intelligentsia was wrong about the most important issue of the 20th century?

Did you imagine yourself in their situation? Now what would you do? Would you admit you were wrong, and therefore throw away your entire concept of self-worth, the entire basis of your tribal culture, the entire basis of the prestige of your caste? Or would you write convoluted shit trying to deny everything, even that reality exist?

Because, after all, if reality doesn't exist, then communism can't be bad, and if communist can't be bad, French intellectuals can't be wrong for supporting it.

Baudrillard shouldn't be in that list. He was an outsider and eventually rejected Marxism and criticized its theories (not to mention his criticism of Foucault, Deleuze, and Guattari's work). On top of that, Deleuze called him "the shame of the profession".

This. Also, Baudrillard's scholarship and ideas are way more concise and well-grounded than the rest of that group.

Baby watched the School of Life intro on Foucault and wants to lash out