Are there legalities preventing a food delivery service where the delivery vehicle actually cooks the food as it's...

Are there legalities preventing a food delivery service where the delivery vehicle actually cooks the food as it's driving to you? Pizza seems like a no brainer.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/09/29/495925058/our-robot-overlords-are-now-delivering-pizza-and-cooking-it-on-the-go
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzFoi_fuF4&t=681s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So some kind of truck that prepares food inside?

Are there food trucks you can pay to drive to your house? That could be really convenient.

a van even. food trucks don't make deliveries also, at least not in the same way described.

You know you can pay for people to cook for you, right?

but will a food truck operator drive x miles to your house to deliver you a $13 lunch?

as someone who works in a food truck, safety. driving with gas on is really dangerous, and good luck storing/generating enough power to run an electric oven hot enough to cook pizza

That's why you cook it on the engine block.

Pretty sure there are laws prohibiting cooking while the vehicle is in operation. And even if you could I doubt most businesses would consider this as a viable option. You'd have buy expensive specialized vehicles to be able to cook the food, and I assume a dedicated staff member to cook in the back. And for what? For the most part you're getting your pizza pretty close to the time it was cooked anyway.

good pizza is cooked in a fucking brick oven dipshit. you think a brick oven could fit in a car?

I'm assuming safety would be the legality at play here but don't know where to look for it unfortunately

Pretty sure an 18 wheeler could handle a brick oven yeah

There are no less than 3 food trucks in my small Texas town that serve brick oven pizza. A pizza oven easily fits in a food truck or service van.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/09/29/495925058/our-robot-overlords-are-now-delivering-pizza-and-cooking-it-on-the-go

A year behind the times my dude. I don't know if this shit is in operation but the tech is there.

Dominos already has delivery vehicles with an oven built in

Fuck off Floresville.

check it out. at 11 minutes is where it shows the goods
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzFoi_fuF4&t=681s

jesus, I was just talking about a guy in a van with a fancy toaster oven and a fridge full of premade cheese pizzas and maybe some toppings to offer some variety. What won't silicone valley over-engineer the shit out of

when self driving cars are the norm delivery vehicles will cook your stupid pizza on the way over to your faggot house

yeah, there's a few of those in this area too. they don't use their brick ovens while driving
idk if it's legal or not, but it's unsafe regardless. you ever seen what happens when propane builds up in a truck? it's not pretty

electric would be pretty easy to do, especially if it's just reheating a partially cooked pizza.

A man would drive to your house and cook you a lunch. Would probably cost more than 13$.

that's why your contribution is useless

It's your fault you're poor.

I'm exploring this idea as a potential business, not because I want someone in a van to deliver me pizza you dummy

maybe if the food is heated with electricity.

even that is dangerous, if the vehicle got rekt and there was a fuel leak there is another hot element besides the engine to increase your chance of dying.

wouldnt be surprised if this was already illegal.

portable electric heaters wouldnt be able to get as hot as a proper oven. then there is the matter of having to move the pizza from the heater into a box and then cut it.

I bet my left testicle you are poor yourself and just want to get a rise out of user.

So, it's basically a modified food truck. So it would have to pass all the regulations of a regular food truck. Check with your local health dept.

Interesting concept.

I would say that the limiting factors are:

1) That it would be pretty dangerous to be in the back of a van preparing a pizza and then the driver has to swerve or slam on the brakes for some cunt. Guy in the back could easily die unless you have him strapped in, but that doesn't work in a kitchen.

2) Then you have a logistical problem of driving your heavy, fully stocked pizza wagon to the eastern end of your delivery range and then get a call at the opposite side and then 2 mins later get a call for the southern side. You may actually have to turn down orders and that really won't look good. It may save you on overheads but if you have more than one team you will find it operationally more effective to have a central storage and preparation location for your pizza wagons.

3) Ingredients need to be stored and preserved

4) You'd need someone co-ordinating the teams, which involving point #3 means a static location. You can probably co-ordinate while doing the grunt work initially but as soon as 4 calls come in in quick succession and you are either driving or preparing, trying to compare out the other team's existing route to yours, their orders, checking their and your available stocks and delegate the new route while handling your own route while the oven timer is ringing in your ear (or is that the phone again, or Jimmy fucking slacking off?), you can royally fuck up your day.

4)If your idea is a one van kind of deal with you and a friend I am not sure how you will handle absences.

Don't be discouraged. If you truly think it can work and most importantly there is a market, an untapped one in your case, I am sure you can figure it out. But note that people aren't doing it already because of the possibilities; it is not easy, there is no demand, benefit to the model, etc.

You can have a heating element, that's why you don't freeze your balls off in winter and how some guaranteed-condition shipping works. Proving that it's not a death trap waiting to happen, though, is a problem for your local highway safety authority, and the American ones are fans of the "let's wreck a truck with one inside, ten times. user you can afford ten trucks right?" approach.
And of course knives and oil are right out, there may not be a specific law to sue you under other than willful endangerment but you will still be liable for treatment+lost wages in injuries under standard workman's comp regulations and good fucking luck getting insured.

The bigger problem is just scaleability, though. You can hire delivery drivers and they come with their own car, adding another delivery per ten minutes costs you around $15 an operating hour all-inclusive between wages, taxes, insurance, etc. and if the demand goes away you can fire them on zero notice.
If you do your cooking from the vehicle on the other hand, to add a delivery every ten minutes you need two $15 dudes plus an amortized $100k truck.
If you need extremely fast location flexibility rather than the standard truck lunch downtown/dinner suburbs or weekdays downtown/weekends stadium deal, and keep in mind this kind of location flexibility is both extremely unusual and implies the kind of peaky demand that will bankrupt you in weeks through missed buying predictions, it still may be better to solve the problem through R&D of a limited cold menu or parcook + finish in a heat bin.

and just to note, the reason food trucks work is that they go to an area where they can push an order or two a MINUTE and then move on when it dies down. even then, it's only a more feasible business than a restaurant in areas like LA or the Vancouver SAR where even the shitty industrial real estate is sky-high.
if you expect to roll literally house-to-house, you can justify this. if you expect to roll a couple blocks down, maybe 5 minutes counting stop signs and assholes backing out of their driveway at 3mph and retarded kids rolling their balls into the street and not even braking for dogs but ideally lowkey hosing them off the bumper to not ruin your next stop's appetite, you're literally envisioning a worse client density than a normal food truck.

Food trucks often drive to places that are convinient to get to for many people

Aww, that's such a nice way of putting that OP is a fucking retard.

Why don't they just sell off people that you can make into personal cooks that have a lifetime contract that can't be broken unless they buy their own contract?

Seems like a fool proof business venture to me.

As long as the truck is a certified kitchen it's fine.

There's a startup in California planning on doing that. Not to mention the thousands of food trucks / roach coaches nationwide.

The logistics of this sound retarded.
Say you get an order to address A, which is 22 minutes from your current location. You have 22 minutes to prepare the food, maybe it takes 10 minutes to make the order.
Now you get the same dish ordered to address B, which is only 8 minutes from your location. Now you have still have 10 minutes to prepare the food.