Sauerbraten

Sauerbraten.

German food is God-tier. Why is it so underrated, Veeky Forums?

The niggers of Veeky Forums don't understand german food or/and any other food for that matter. The niggers of Veeky Forums only understand burger and pizza and nothing else.

Because then"LOL WHITE PEOPLE FOOD ISN'T SPICY ENOUGH FO' ME" meme.

The "WHY DO WHITE PEOPLE DO THIS?" etc. threads make me believe that the majority of Veeky Forums anons are just american ghetto niggers who can't understand food from other countries.

don't be an idiot, it's brown people from latin america

I frickin love this stuff. My dad has the best recipe for it and I'm kind of really bummed that I'm away at school and not home having some of that sweet sweet German comfort food

It doesn't try to be fine, it doesn't try to be bold and it doesn't try to generate a lot of attention. It just sits there on a plate and waits to be eaten by a hungry soul after a long day of work.

Would have to drive almost an hour to get to a german restaurant. I wish one would open up closer to my area.

Most of those threads are made by Ameriboo's from the U.K. and Assfalia shitposting to stir up shit on the board.

I never liked Sauerbraten and I lived all my life in Bavaria.

What's wrong with me?

Excellent. There used to be a restaurant run by a Bavarian couple new me and this was my favorite menu item. Sauerbraten, spaetzle, and red cabbage

The only culinary thing I miss about Wisconsin is good German food. Hard to find here in the south.

Can confirm. There are 2 "world class" German resteraunts within 20 miles of me rn.. Feels good man.

this watermelon has no business being there

I freaking love it

Always make it on christmas

DO WANT.

Third

Bist hald deppert.

Discovered german food recently. Rotkhol is the best side dish known to mankind, discuss

Add apple juice and a bit of cinnamon while cooking it soft. Believe me, it's heaven on earth.

>I never liked Sauerbraten and I lived all my life in Bavaria.
>What's wrong with me?
Acquired taste. Maybe you never have a diverse diet as a child cooked by people who knew how to cook? Was your family poor or from an upper class? Did you fine dine often?

>Excellent. There used to be a restaurant run by a Bavarian couple new me and this was my favorite menu item. Sauerbraten, spaetzle, and red cabbage
That's the trinity I love too.

Not poor, but we never went fine dining.

Maybe I just ate pretty meh sauerbraten during my childhood.

But I never liked stuff that I found to be too sour.

I've been using cinnamon (as well as caraway and just a bit of cardamom), apple juice would be great.

We have it here in Denmark as well. We probably just stole the receipt from the Germans.
Rotkohl/roedkaal does really well on its own with meat balls or roast pork on "smoerrebroed", but it truly shines at Christmas, when it's served with white and brown potatoes* and gravy accompanying either the roast pork or the duck.
Really glad you like it. It tastes great.

*potatoes fried in butter an caramelized sugar

The combination really works great for anything winter themed. Reducing the juice afterwards (or adding a bit of starch to thicken it) keeps it juicy on the plate and lets you dip into it with whatever kind of tato you serve with it.

I generally try to cook the liquid down until it stays on the cabbage, but I'm probably cooking it more than is traditional. I've only had it in a restaurant twice, every other time I've made it for myself.

>actually living in an area not settled by nordics

You're what's wrong with the future of mankind.

You can always strain the juice and reduce it on it's own if it gets too soft, to add it afterwards. But as long as it doesn't compete with the mashed potatoes, it should be fine.

Yeah, Rotkohl is really the classic winter veggi. It's one of my absolute fav comfort foods. Soo easy and even goes pretty well with salmon an a sourdough bun.

*smoked salmon