"oh can i have a bit of that chocolate"

"oh can i have a bit of that chocolate"
"sure dude"

Great story, OP.

Is that salmiakki?

What a shitty thread, this is now a salmiakki thread.

No it's donkey gelatin

>ass-hide glue
My fucking sides

what the fuck is that?

Salty liquorice

Salmiakki. Iicorice with sal ammoniac (ammonium chloride) added. It's the strongest of all the "salt licorice". Consider it the marmite of Scandinavia. If you grew up in Denmark, Finland, Sweden, etc, you probably love it. If you didn't you probably think it's awful and wonder why anyone would willingly eat it.

I fucking love it. My favorite brand attached.

Ever try the hot stuff?

>It's the strongest of all the "salt licorice".
What do you mean?

You've heard of "black licorice" right? It's usually a sweet candy. The stronger flavored versions have salt added. That's "salt licorice". Add salmiak instead of normal table salt and it gets stronger still. That's what we posted. Salmiak aka salmakki. Super-strong salt licorice made with ammonium chloride.

I'm american but that sounds delicious. I fucking love liquorice, and everyone I know hates it.

I want to try some of that super salt now.

I hate licorice candy but I love to drink it. It is so refreshing.

It tastes/feels kinda like Windex, and I think it agitates my bladder. Unlike sodium chloride, mammals piss it out very fast. Do not give to non-mammals. They can't deal with ammonia like we do. Also avoid using ammonia glass cleaner near them. Dilute vinegar with a drop of dish soap works well enough.

So stop posting dumb images and mail-order yourself some. Give it a try!

My brother got me some milder stuff from a candy shop in a tourist/fishing town in northern Minnesota. The person at the counter begged him not to buy it.

Well that doesn't make it sound good at all, you had my hopes up too.

Why would you let a single person's opinion (and an obviously strange one at that) affect you? Try it and see if you like it. I personally love it.

ABAJ

It's still worth trying. It tastes salty but doesn't make you thirsty.

Europe foods are hands-down the weirdest on earth. Everyone thinks it's china and their baby-bird eating ways. But the Europeans will go straight to the rotten fish and seaweed they collect off the beach. For fuck's sake.

Don't forget blood, intestines and just pure animal fat.

Snails you collect off of some slimy rock.

Clams, ink, and a smiley frog

The scrapings from the bottom of a rotten grain vat. Spread on toast.

Is this one of those Japanese meme foods that are extremely expensive because that spray the cocoa beans with cat pheromones or some dumb shit?