Can anyone here actually cook? All I see is fucking fast food and alcoholism related threads

Can anyone here actually cook? All I see is fucking fast food and alcoholism related threads.

Show me your best, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=57GRaUsWyDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I came here a couple days ago looking for a slow, fun board and that's all I've been thinking. Stinky NEETs eating absolute garbage. Why even post here? Thought there would at least be some otaku faggots cooking authentic ramen in kimonos.

>Challenges Veeky Forums to show their best
>With a stock photo
Delete this thread OP, and don't start another until you think about what you have done.

I don't feel the need to document it because it's nothing to be proud of. Any uneducated peasant can do it.

Essential Veeky Forums threads:
>/alc/
>/sip/
>ja/ck/
>meme food ('cha, 'za, guac) b8 threads
>wifey threads
>fast food threads
>mcchicken™ threads
If you can't handle this you need to go elsewhere

We literally have one every week shut up and lurk more and you/ll eventually get bored of those ramen threads

We have home cooked food threads all the time, but they're usually drown out by the faggots posting their fast food before they even reach a hundred posts. Don't blame us.

Fuck off. I posted an OC a few days ago where I made weevil risotto (pic related) and that thread got @ 70 posts.

I lurk for the occasional baking thread. Still perfecting my homemade pizza after 10 years. It is very close, I'm going for that NY/NJ style thin crust and I am by far my own worst critic. I'll have to take some pictures. Pizza pushed me into bread making. I make an amazing white truffle and herb focaccia bread and I bring at least a dozen loaves of bread for every family holiday. I did it once and now its always expected of me.

I'll share with you all some tips:
Pizza needs to be made on steel, 1/2" thick, at 550, under a broiler. Its not right if it doesn't cook in 4 minutes or less. If the cheese burns keep it really cold until you are ready to put the pizza in the oven. Ignore this for deepdish or really hot brick oven style pizzas. Don't cook the sauce first or it gets way too sweet. Keep it simple, its not pasta.

Pro bread bakers have amazing steam ovens to control humidity. Its hard to make proper humidity at home. High hydration loaves come out great if you cook them in a dutch oven with the lid on for half the time. Otherwise get 40 pounds of stones and steel chain and keep them in a sheet pan in the oven. Preheat to 550 for an hour. Boil a cup and a half of water. Put the bread in the oven and immediately pour the boiling water on the hot stones/chain. Steam in the start is hugely important for nice big holes in the bread and a good crust.

Yes, I can cook pretty well, I'm regularly told I should open a restaurant. I only came here for the first time yesterday. I think I'll starting posting stuff.

Yes. I can, and have as a career, but I've been wrestling crippling depression for the past couple years and so now I don't give a fuck anymore and browse this place. When I can muster up enough energy to cook a nice meal for my family, they heap praise on me like madmen, thinking it will somehow help my depression.

oh god I didn't need to be reminded of that

Last thing I made was a type of Tom Yum inspired wrap. Smoked haddock fried skinside down in a delicate chilli marinade, taken off stove and left skin side up to crispen. King prawns cooked in lemon grass paste, touch of tom yum paste, sliced garlic, olive oil and shaoxine wine, with some pickled ginger thrown on just before taking it off heat. Get seeded tortilla, thin layer of olive oil mayo, put on selected salad leaves, pickled jalapeno, squeezed lime juice over it, placed over the fish with juices, light sprinkle of coriander and slices of green onion.

Fresh, yummy and healthy! ^.^

When you can actually cook you don't feel the need to take pictures and post about it online.

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

Wow. Sliced tomatoes and boiled eggs as your image, you thick sot

I cook for millionaires every day

I make my own bread from scratch (well I buy the yeast) because I can't get proper whole grain bread in the store. It is surprisingly easy once you have figured the baking times out. Does that count?

>I cook for millionaires every day
It's nice to help out your local supermarkets, isn't it?

I made yakisoba for myself and some friends.

It used to be like that but now anytime you make any thread of your food the only responses are "Looks like shit OP, I could do better at mcdonalds, speaking of which, time to make another fast food thread"

personal dinners at a high end resort

Grilled asparagus with pancetta, fried garlic infused torn baguette and poached egg

Grilled Cheese w/ pilsener

Local dry aged steak cooked mid-rare with arugula/walnut/parm salad and smashed roasted potatoes

eh

Cuban sandwich with home marinated mojo pork and home brined pickled cukes

Homemade tacos al pastor

Ribeye sandwich with chimichurri and chopped cornichons

Hangover breakfast

I can slice tomatoes and put them on a plate, yes.

fuck im making this exactly in the morning.

thank you for reminding me

I cook almost every day. My specialty is offal. I don't know what it is but I just love the offcuts, they taste much better than just your average piece of meat. This weekend I made lengua tacos.

Here's a couple pics of me making headcheese.

Final product...

That yolk my nigger, A+

Looks pretty offal, dude.

None of these existed until a year or two ago. I miss when Veeky Forums was slower and less filled with retarded /sp/ tier memes.

Tastes like delicious delicious swine.

Here's a pic of the brains I fried up...

taco lenguas is the best taco. once I had that I couldn't go back to anything else.

Pls be my waifu.
I'd literally suck your cock for a slice of that

rimshot

Only counts if you put that skin on your face first and hid in your kids closet and jumped out when they fell asleep banging on a saucepot with a wooden spoon
"IM YOUR NEW DADDY OINK OINK SCREEEEE"

Pls ram your cock in my boipussy.

Why not just wear it in front of a mosque?

You guys can fuck eachother...

But user, I don't want him to fuck me, I want you to fuck me.

And then let me feast on ur headcheese.

I have a job and I can cook, so it's not like I'd be mooching..

This nigga has never seen a dinotendies thread.

I don't take many pictures nor am I an expert but heres some stuff that isn't wendys or mcdonalds

Bangers and mash

shepards pie

lasted 3 days lunch and dinner

forgot pic somehow

Back bacon and belly bacon and egg and cheese and HP sauce stuffed IN a bun

Last and least, shit-tier steak with provolone cheese melted on top with peppercorn gravy splashed all over

Bolognese sauce.
Tagliatelle and lasagna al bolognese.
All made from scratch.

I do the occasional cookalong thread, but Veeky Forums doesn't give a fuck about cooking and they go largely ignored, so why waste the time?

Collards and cornbread.

Wala faggot

>Essential newfag Veeky Forums threads:
Fixed that for you. And no, user. There's no need to thank me.

You should have just stayed in /pol/ or /b/ where you belong, reddo

Nice! From the thumbnail, reminded me of a softboiled egg I pickled in a balsamic/soy mix, then made into a Scotch egg.

Still looks good baby! Question for fellow britbongistanis here, how the fuck does one get hold of provolone, and why is it so easy for the yanks?

Here's where those little bastards started swelling up and discoloring my risotto, but I have to say it ended up tasting good.

Thank you

Hey, that looks great, user

>Question for fellow britbongistanis here, how the fuck does one get hold of provolone, and why is it so easy for the yanks?

Is it that hard to get a hold of in bongland? I made that provolone steak and I'm in Canada. Theres like 5 different types in the grocery store near me. Comes in slices and whole.

Did you try looking in foreign cheese sections or deli if you have one nearby Because here it's not with the cheddar's and mozzarella's in most stores, it's with the bacon and pepperoni etc.

Could also just be a regional preference, what the fuck do I know?

That's a cheese ghostie.

I made gumbo from scratch the other day.

Looks good user

>not getting the picante provolone from Boars Head

>not getting saputo cheese, the best provolone

We have cooking threads every day. The problem is that they're usually drowned out by generals, fast food convos, and people making low-effort bait threads and or otherwise trying to derail productive conversations into /pol/-tier slapfights about things completely unrelated to cooking. But the cooking conversations here can be great if they manage to stay on topic.

>Pic related
>How we get provolone

I really don't understand it, cos it's Italian Heck, easy to get unorthodox cheeses from France, Italy, New Zealand, I've had Canadian cheddar a few times, Mexico, India. For some reason provolone is just not found around here. I keep hearing is used in Canada and US though, so I wanna try it.
Brexit conspiracy I swear dude.

It was. I ate half the shrimp that were supposed to go in while i was peeling them and throwing the heads in the stock pot. Fresh same day caught gulf shrimp are just too delicious.

>Fresh same day caught gulf shrimp are just too delicious.

Fuck I envy you.

I love visiting my family in florida for this exact reason.

Eyyy

It's just mozzarella with a bit of a sourish taste and slightly salitier.

It is based on burgers and sandwiches though.

16/20 @ 3.59/lb. It's nice living on the gulf coast except for the hurricanes and mosquitos.

>and mosquitos

Anywhere with water and you got those fuckers

This is why Veeky Forums is pure cancer.

All of those reddit-tier meme suck.

Lamb shank braised in pimmegranet juice with duck fat potatoes from last night

that looks amazing

Gnocchi made from Ramen put through a food processor and fish from last week

And here’s some apple cider chicken I made a few days ago

Brother?

Whats the alternative then?

They really, really were. Made them for my GF with a few fresh margaritas and an array of homemade salsas.They took all day to make and it was almost surreal how quickly they went when I finally served them up, but god damn was it worth it.

It's not amazing but I made some pretty tasty breakfast tacos last week. Leftover grilled chicken thighs from the night before, sliced sauteed red jalapenos, a piece of kale sliced up, and a couple eggs. Got just the right amount of color on the tortillas which was one of the best parts c:

A stock photo with no cooked food nonetheless.

Nice comfy post bro. Makes me wanna put that Le Cruezet Dutch oven to work. A neighbor left it on the "free stuff" lobby bookcase when they moved out years ago. I love it but never baked in it

Last weekend I made pic related. I think this was one of by best meals when factoring in presentation.

This, I wish /r9k/ or whatever the new crossboarders we have would fuck off and people like heartsonfire and progun would come back, that we'd go back to having homebrewman and homegrowman threads. I miss the regular cooking threads, the threads bitching about picky eaters and vegans, even people like angie. The style of shitposting and trolling we have now is so low effort and obnoxious, everything feels as cheap and prepackaged as the food that gets posted. The copypastas we used to have were better, being called co/ck/s instead of cu/ck/s was better. I've pretty much stopped coming to this board altogether.

Looks delicious
seriously amateur but been cooking more and more since moving to my own apt. Chicken with mushrooms, spinach, grated parm, cream, garlic,

Finished result with roasted veggies. Plating is bachelor

Nobody asked for this shitty blogpost fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=57GRaUsWyDc

fukken 'stayans

Use Molino Antimo Caputo 00 flour from Italy. I use your techniques but the Italian flour is what creates perfection in a crust. Amazon sells it. San Marzano crushed tomatoes to make the sauce.