Onion are shit

why does so many recipes and sauces use this devil vegetable? I fucking gag whenever I taste it. Fuck Onions.

Other urls found in this thread:

veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/202833-why-do-some-cultures-hate-onion-garlic.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a versatile aromatic. Kys.

A thread died for this

>t. babypalate

I become sad when the onion is missing from a dish that should have onions. which is most savory foods.
Grow up OP. do you really not like deep fried onion rings?

As somebody who doesn't like tomatoes (unless pureed) or peppers (unless chilli peppers), I feel you OP, your dining is so much more limited because of it. May as well throw out half the worlds cookbooks.

>unironically dislikes onions

Nibba I don't control my palate, how can i force myself to like these disgusting bastards that whenever I taste them I gag on contact.

thank you

I might if I eat another fucking piece of onion that people at restaurants put in my food.

because this board has so much other important topics, yeah?

delet this

you have shitty genes and need to be gassed

name one worthwhile culture that avoids onions for non religious reasons

>People with autism have heightened sensitivity to loud noises, as well as strong or spicy odors and flavors. An affinity towards fried, bland, salty food is common within the autistic community-- an eating habit referred to as the "brown diet."
OP, does this seem familiar to you?

What religions don't allow onion?

Jains

Jains dont eat anything that involves killing and that includes killing plants.
They dont eat root or bulb vegetables because killing the root means killing the plant. They also dont eat eggs or mushrooms BUT I believe they can consume dairy and honey (but no eggs).

Sounds horrible.

some vegetarians don't eat onions because they act as "cleansers for meat-eaters" but you said worthwhile culture so they don't count.

what a bunch of fags

What the hell does that mean? Like palate cleansers?

Are they even allowed to walk on grass? What about concrete that has killed grass to have been placed? What if they get cancer? Will they refuse treatment because of the poor cancer cells? What about all the brain cells that they're killing of the people that end up hearing this shit?

Brb, killing myself.

>look at me, I'm an insufferable manchild!
great thread

That's doctrine for monks, not normal adherents. Still kinda strange.
I'd assume much of their cooking uses chives, leeks, or garlic scapes.

I don't really know my dude, i just googled it real quick and that's what some people say.

never tried onions, are they worth it

Where did you read this? My meager googling has only led me to stuff involving Jainism and Buddhism.

Go back to your OnionHate sub-reddit

>why does so many recipes

Your subject is shit and your grammar sounds like you were raised in a WV coal mine or on a MS plantation.

veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/202833-why-do-some-cultures-hate-onion-garlic.html

My pops has never been able to handle onions of any sort. I started spending the time to caramelize them and that worked. Even cutting it down to a quick sautée for omelettes and such helped. In soups and lasagnas he's cool because they know their place. So fuck your (You) OP for not being able to cook. And fuck me for replying to a bait thread made by a complete and utter faggot who probably uses the term "tendies" when using his good boy points for dinner. Mommy is so proud of you, faggot.

yup, they cant use any of that.

i think they can walk on it, im just telling you their dietary restrictions and i dont know if they cant eat it but still kill it

yeah its not quite veganism but its almost as terrible. you get dairy and honey but you miss out on fungus and root vegetables.

so this is like extra autism vegan?

unlike vegans they can still consume dairy and honey but they cant eat anything that involves killing anything including plants. so they cant eat root or bulb based produce cause killing the root is killing a plant.

A thread died for this.
Please be more considerate and reflect on your actions.

Hey... A thread just died for this... Is anyone hungry for some onions..?

>miss out on fungus
that's terrible, the mycelium under ground does not die when a mushroom is picked. a network of mycelium is the largest living organism on this planet. people are so strange

It ain't about knowing how to cook well. I've had caramelized onions and I have had them diced so little you wouldn't notice them in a sauce and I still can't eat them like that.

something to do with the spores on them.

Jain diets are just weird but since they are south asians they can figure things out.

Well then, I guess you are a fag. Ain't no doubt about it. Still no (You) from me, reddit. Go see a doctor or just fuck off this Somalian Cooking-While-Kite-Flying Instructional Board and go ask mommy for some boxed mac'n'cheese, yeah? And don't forget the tendies and clean underwear, you thread-killing queer boy. Blog somewhere else, you pillow-biting tea cup.

you and I are the only ones on this board who feel this way, OP

they literally wear masks like the ones fencers wear so that if they're outside bugs don't accidentally die by flying into their faces

Just get some shallots you puss.

>strips the (you) and bothers to point it out
>being this desperate

i like eating them raw w/ cured meats and cheese. das it mane

Onions and peppers both can be cooked in dozens of ways that change or mitigate flavors. There are at least half a dozen ways to cook an onion that changes it utterly.

You hate them ALL?

Who /rawonions/ here?

I love raw onions and raw garlic.

Your thread is fucking shit. You are an asshole that belongs on /b/. You take a fucking food that literally billions of people enjoy, and make a thread asking why. Automatic fail. You are a fucking fool.
I don't doubt that you dislike onions but to make a thread about this that you're a trolling faggot. Don't make any further threads on Veeky Forums. Just go straight to /b/ and never again leave there.
Damn what a fucking jerk.

Is it the taste or the texture?

Texture I can understand; I hate onions too, enough so that if I'm using actual onion I have to caramelize and/or mince n' mash them to make it palpable. The sickening crunch between the teeth is abhorrent, and feels like chomping on an exoskeleton or a chunk of apple peel. I'll even philistine up sometimes and use onion powder instead.

But the taste? The taste of an onion is fucking necessary to make a dish work, and I would rather have to pick around my food like a child than not use it and lose its potential. Shit, the basis for so many dishes start with a mirepoix, and the flavor of meat pops more with it. If you hate onions for their taste, you're objectively wrong and need someone to forcibly retrain your palette.

They leave a terrible aftertaste in my mouth for an entire day, so I feel you, though I don't em when they're chopped up

you a bitch

>tfw people say they hate onions but love ranch

>Texture I can understand
faggot
the texture of an onion is easily the best among all vegetables

Post your face when you don't have the palate of a child

If so many cultures and people use it. Maybe you're the one that's wrong about how shit onions are.

Lol how does a fencing mask help? But more importantly who the fuck is walking around killing bugs with their face, I don't even understand how that would happen

Feels goodman

>Be curious about autists and food
>Google it
>" Some People with autism will regurgitate eaten food to eat it again"

>They also dont eat eggs or mushrooms

Unfertilized eggs aren't alive.

We eat the fruiting bodies of mushrooms, the mycelium doesn't die as a result.

One of my favorite sources for Indian recipes is a Jain, and nothing on that site has any allium in it. No onion, garlic, leek, shallot, chive, etc..
Pungency is with ginger and asafoetida in addition to the usual Indian dry spices (asafoetida is pretty pungent, and it seems like some sects actually ban it along with allium).
I think it tastes pretty good in the end, and not having to deal with garlic feels pretty damn good.

the bugs fly in your mouth and eyes and stuff and die there

I have seen someone like that. The guy was ultra thin and seemed like he is starving and will die any time.

>reading Veeky Forums
>user says he chews some doritos then spits it out to make dip for other doritos
>mfw
probably just a troll, or at least i hope it was

I'd imagine most fruits are fair game too. And Berries.

baby

Picky eaters should be shot.

Its basically the basis of western cuisine, so, you're fucked.

When I was a little kid I hated onions and their texture; I used to pick it out of my food all the time.
But once I hit puberty I realized that onions are sweet and delicious and give tons of flavor to food. Picked onions on sandwiches are the best.
You just need to get a little older OP, give that palate time to mature away from thinking vegetables are bitter and awful.

*pickled, sorry

>Doesn't like onions
OP might as well just kill themselves cause onion is in a lot of dishes.

Imagine never being able to experience this taste. I'd kill myself too honestly.

>basis of Western cuisine
>a fucking onion

Retard.

Name one western cuisine that doesn't use onions. I'll wait.

Name one that does.

French

French isn't a food, check mate.

>Spaghetti
>French onion soup
>Onion rings
>any kind of soup that uses a mirepoix base, which is many. Your basic chicken/beef/vegetable soups
>cebolada stew
>liver and onions
>savory tart, eg; onion tart with thyme and gruyere
>onions on your burger
>I sometimes make cauliflower soup with roasted caramelized onions
>bruchetta with diced onions
>risotto
>fritatta
>etc

I could probably think of more with more time.

Its "cheque mate" and comes from australia from when they finish a meal and is used to designate that the encounter is over.

By regurgitate I meant eat, wait some time, vomit then eat the vomit

Recently I've been scared that I was autist but now I know I'm definitely not

Spaghetti doesnt need onions. You just add them because you like them. Neither do burgers.

And the rest of these are just you adding onions to regular shit.

I feel that way about mayonnaise. Onions are great though.

I'm highly intolerant to onions. I cook without onions and it's just fine.

shut your whore mouth op

>“Mirepoix” (pronounced “meer-pwah”) is the classical French culinary term for onions, carrots, and celery diced small and cooked in fat until soft and beginning to brown. Italians call it “soffrito” or “battuto,” and its fun-loving Cajun cousin, the “holy trinity,” swaps out the carrot for bell pepper.

>spaghetti is a type of pasta, user, not the name of a dish.

yeah but i bet he meant the sauce

>picking a potato out of the ground is murder but supporting the animal agriculture industry which puts sentient animals in horrible living conditions is A-OK

Fucking Jains I swear.

Not sure why that green texted, fuck Firefox.

Chess has been around a lot longer than Australians. Cunt.

My wife despises the texture of cooked onions, red, white or otherwise. I have to use onion powder and I get no complaints. If I'm cooking with onion I have to use large cuts so she can pick them out easily.

I don't get it, but some people just don't like certain stuff. It doesn't make me mad or anything.

the indian dairy industry is fairly humane

my SO hates mushrooms
literally a glutamate rich meaty vegetable
those fucking packages don't scale well to a single person so it is a little enraging how fixated he is on mushrooms

I'm not a mushroom fan so I get his disposition. I just don't like things that are grown in shit.

>eat vegables
>grown in dirt
>dirt = 87% various types/ages of shit, mixed together, eaten by worms, and shitted out again and again
>no problems there!

Not all mushrooms are grown in, or on, shit. Many varieties are grown on wood logs. But hey whatever makes you happy user.

same i just dont like the taste or texture really

>nibba

And yet the phrase comes from australia and not chess, funny that.