When did you realize you were a brainlet not cut out for the sci life?

When did you realize you were a brainlet not cut out for the sci life?

Had some gaps in my math knowledge so i decided to start from the very basics, i realized i didn't know why a+b = a--b. I have trouble moving on to different subjects if i feel i don't fully understand something, i will spend a lot of time on one thing till it makes sense.
it took me weeks to finally accept that subtracting by a negative is the same as adding a positive.

Other urls found in this thread:

betterexplained.com/articles/definitions-of-e-colorized/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was always an exceptional writer/communicator but a mediocre mathematician. Though oftentimes difficult to accept, we must play to our strengths.

My working memory is trash-tier

I constantly make silly mistakes unless I carefully put shit on paper

I guarantee no one here is a genius or even close to a genius. There's no reason to feel inferior to anyone in Veeky Forums is just a place for frustrated kids with inf. complex to pretend they're smart and cut others down to their level. And history continues to repeat itself

Descartes and Newton did the same thing, re-reading books over and over until they understood it. You also should first learn math intuitively, then learn how to manipulate algebra. Go on libgen.io and get 'Better explained math', read that first, then go pick up a large math text and do all the exercises. It will actually make sense now what you're doing.

wtf how can you not understand that? it's such a basic intuition.

Lately I’ve just felt like my brain has a brick wall in front of it. I read the material four times and it doesn’t go in. I have no clue why. I can’t retain jack shit this semester. It’s going to kill me come first mid term but I don’t know how to fix it.

Then explain.

not the same person but what are you even meaning to write
a + b = a - (-b) ?

thanks a lot, now im gonna spend my time figuring why this makes any sense.. ffs fuck you

i'm too lazy can't you just toss dem shits in dat wolfram alpha and it will poop out the proof?

Well i think you might have a brain too small. You are a brainlet. Your brain is not big enough... You're dumb :0

Like idk man negatives flip n shit during lots of things and you don't even get addition. It's like you don't understand the basic features of a number line. Minus goes left, a double left is a right.

because you're negating a negative effect which will force it to become the other option (positive)

... might have been when I first saw the anime traps

This. I used to think it wasn't the case, but with so many bullshit threads like people not believing in climate change I lost hope. The IQ threads doesn't make it any better.

Try moving to a different physical location, very easy way to increase brain function

I realized it during my quantum mechanic class. Also, my elementary topology math class.

>BS in physics
>Completed it just to finish college
>Tried a few multi-order partial different equations recently just to see if I remembered how

philosophy of maths?

By definition, a number plus its negative is 0
b + (-b) = 0
-b + (-(-b)) = 0
b + (-b) = -b + (-(-b))
subtract -b from both sides
b = -(-b)

You might have ADD/ADHD.

wait what's so tricksey about double negatives? You owe me negative $15 is an IOU.

Tried introductory math books like Spivak, Valenza and Axler in senior year of HS and it took me days to do just do one proof for some problems.
I went to CS, I never had a chance.

a+b = a - -b because you combine the two single lines "-"s into a "+".
a - b = a + -b because one of the "-"s in the "+" gets stolen by the lone "-".

I lose words all the time, I also trip over words a lot. Trust me, you're well off. All brains are good at something, you might just have a minor disorder.

Eat some nuts, go for a walk, read out loud, make it into music etc.

>someone gives you a list of shit and you can only process the last few

Yo, don't not listen to the other anons. They really aren't not trying to help you.

Be nice to your lizard brain, it's not used to this bullshit.

>people think you're hard of hearing because you keep asking them to repeat things.

Read the first chapter of Spivak. You don't have to read any further, but that chapter goes into these foundations and it's fairly easy to understand.

betterexplained.com/articles/definitions-of-e-colorized/
Clear as mud