Al/ck/

went to the bar and/or pub and/or another pub and drank too much on a weeknight edition

Also, come on in if you're drunk and wanna chat with other drunks

client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#al/ck/&server=irc.rizon.net

learn how to make a brass monkey if you can't stomach that last 40

theglutlife.com/done-right-brass-monkey/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2013100
theglutlife.com/done-right-brass-monkey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For me it's Pumping spice beer. The best alcoholic beverage.

>come home drunk
>log into irc
>bore the hell out of the cool kids
>pass out with my dick in my hands
atleast im alive

almost lads

that shit sucks

congratulations. what's the image from, is there some sobriety app or something?

>doing good
>only had a few beers last night
>woman coming over
>drink a fifth in a few hours because I'm so nervous
>make an ass out of myself
>she gave me like 10 chances
>still fuck it up

Another day on the pain train

>Wake up
>Go to the store and get snacks and booze
>Wake up
>There's no snacks nor booze
>Get pissed off
>Go to the store again
>Get more snacks and booze
>Wake up
>This continues for like 5 or 6 dreams straight in a row

At some point I actually wrote a long rant here in my dream, I think it was by the 4th one.
I am still extremely pissed off because I remain snackless and boozeless
Fuck you brain

I always dream about things like glass bottles of Evian in silver ice buckets in meadows in the Alps when I have been boozing it up that night and am dehydrated. The booze dreams only start for me when I sober up.

Impressive.

Have any of you ever made it through the holiday season sober? That's where I fear relapse the most, I don't really tolerate people sober.

went to the doctors last week with a pain in the lower left side, got a blood test and ultrasound. Results came back as everything was okay, but my liver enzymes were elevated, doctor knew it was alcohol related because they were elevated during a bloodtest last year. I never quit drinking, he told me to last year to bring them down. So he phones me and tells me to come back in so "we can bring the levels down." I never phoned back, I know he is going to tell me to stop drinking. Am I just fucking myself bad at this point or what?

isn't the liver on the right side?

the pain had nothing to do with the liver, turned out to be muscular. nothing to do with booze i was told.

why wouldn't you stop drinking?

it's not like it's fun at this point, or is it?

it still is very much fun, ya.

jajajaja

Are these threads to embrace your alcoholism, circle jerk about being unable to control your drinking, attempt at bullshit frauds like AA for help, or all of the above?

I just had nightmare mode withdrawals and am still going through the thick of it.
I'm seriously thinking of just completely quitting but I don't know if I can or still want to get rekt by the withdrawals longer.
It felt like I was going literally insane earlier.

Wish me luck and thanks for reading my blogpost.

all of the above to be honest

all of the above

I turned 21 just recently, never drank much before then, but now all I really ever have are margaritas or other fruity faggy drinks when I go out.

What's a good beer for someone who's had beer like twice in their life and hasn't really liked any so far? I really like the idea of a savory drink in theory but haven't find any I like yet

Well, my mother died of alcoholism, cirrilosis of the liver, age 59. Her mother lived to be 88.

Feminists and no-fun allowed cunts will classify any drinking as alcoholism but if your drinking doesn't affect your life or others in a negative way then tell them all to go fuck themselves and enjoy your life

take B vitamins and a multivitamin. Get a hold of xanax from a doc

i was close to calling an ambulance for my racing heart a few days ago, i hope i can hold onto that memory for long enough to stay off the booze.

Alcoholism isn't fun, only babby mode honeymoon phase is fun.

People generally aren't riddled with addiction because they have thought long and hard about it and rationally decided the best way to spend their lives was be sick for half of it and not remembering the other half.

Maybe a bock, if you like savory. Malty beers are closer to savory than stuff like IPAs

how can you snack when your entire system is rife with metabolites? When I drink hard all I can do is drink water, and I even hate that. If you can eat, you're not an alcoholic.

I've been through it 3 times, but only went to the hospital once and never again. The bills are one thing, but I was also forced to go into detox. They wanted to keep me for longer, but I only stayed one day because I sweet talked them and promised them I was a gud boi, and I'd never drink again. Nearly a year later, I went through another hard withdrawal but didn't go back because I knew they'd keep me for up to a week and charge me for it. Fuck that. The bills alone made me want to drink even more.

that is why I like living in a country with a proper health care system. You probably would do well with detox, but the bills are too much for you. Fucking criminal healthcare system you have.

We used four lokos instead of OJ

RIP my liver

>doing good
>having beers
not really

dumbest shit i've ever read; aside from the fact that i barely eat sober and eat tons of bullshit smashed, most of the very severe alcoholics i met in rehab were quite overweight
pls quit acting like your personal experience MUST apply to everyone else

have a job interview tomorrow and another the day after lads, will be the first time i'm employed since like june/july if all goes as planned

please fuck off with this gatekeeping of alcoholism bullshit. i eat just fine while i'm drinking, it's when i'm dry the next morning that i can't stomach food. at my bad points, i need at least a couple drinks before i can even think of eating.

yeah it's from reddit's /r/stopdrinking, i don't use the forum i just use the sobriety tracker

you should GO BACK to your doctor. He might want to do more tests? I dunno

>please fuck off with this gatekeeping of alcoholism bullshit
LOL imagine being proud of being an alcoholic
what a fucking loser

me or him?

I even have health insurance, so the bills were still affordable.
>expecting others to pay for your fuckups
Top kek, there's simply too many people taking and not enough contributing. I guarantee, If I don't speak english, have a social security number, and/or looked foreign, I wouldn't pay a dime, insured or not. That's one reason why healthcare costs so much in murriland, Hospitals birth illegal babbys by the thousands and call it "charity expense".

>get a bad cold
>didn't drink due to feeling shit with fever
>fever gone today but still shitty sore throat and runny nose

Debating whether to drink or if this a great opportunity for a break

>blaming foreigners again

fuck off faggot. Stop defending your failure cunt-tree. Back to food talk now.

>Feminists and no-fun allowed cunts will classify any drinking as alcoholism but if your drinking doesn't affect your life or others in a negative way then tell them all to go fuck themselves and enjoy your life

The thing is, it's pretty reasonable to expect that if someone uses an addictive substance on the regular they're going to get addicted to it. We don't expect people to just use heroin occasionally and never want more. We warn people who are smoking occasionally that it can hook them.

But it's perfectly normal in society to have some form of alcoholism. Like caffeine addiction, but far more dangerous.

Day 1

Wish me luck

Welp

I'm off the wagon

almost had it
maybe next time

What you got?

I don't know I don't care. I hate (love) all you faggots regardless of political/hockey/sexual orientation

A warm can of Budweiser Light that went flat.

>about to be done with day 1
>felt like the day took forever and don't feel like I can sleep

this is going to really suck, isn't it?

Do you mean 24 hours clean? By that point it’s usually at the height of misery for me or just past it.

I've done this with Steel Reserve 211 and also Natty Light

you're fine

>half a sixer of IPA left
>have wake up for work in 5 hours

I put away 400ml of vodka for tomorrow. gotta be up early and then have a thing to go to. rule is you can show up drunk/high as long as you don't cause an issue and aren't blatant. I usually just xanax and weed but think ill need a pick me up tmrw

I have to be, like, somewhat outwardly functional for my job because I usually have to explain shit to patients. Being on the admin side of healthcare is fucking miserable, I should have been a fucking chef or a carpenter

Yes, it's pretty embarrassing that it was so difficult.

eh this isn't for a job, mandated I go but they believe in harm reduction and the guy is pretty chill. he knows I got terrible issues and long as I don't fall down, can speak and am not argumentitive or anything stupid he doesn't give a fuck. I was nodding out the first day infront of all the staff. pretty bad desu

>Disability application finally came through
I am disabled again!
2 hours until I can get drunk and celebrate while buying the alcohol with gubmint bux

Why does my leg twitch on the night I don't drink? It only happens when I try to sleep and it usually startles me. I can't explain it, I guess I'd consider myself a heavy drinker, I go through a 30 pack every weekend.

What enzymes were elevated and what were the numbers? DON'T ignore it. You might be scarring up your liver and there is still time. Because one day you'll wake up and your completely yellow. I had a billirubin count over 700 and was basically dead this time last year. For reference your billirubin should only be at 8. lmao

You're a pathetic excuse of a human being

Well that's really rude

Fuck you dude

>Have friends over
>We drink, smoke, have fun
>We go to bed
>I wake up next to them fucking in the bed
>It was a dream, I wake up for real
>They're fucking next to me
>It was a dream again, I wake up for real real this time
>They're still fucking, dammit
>I was still a dream
>I wake up, I'm pissed now, I turn to them
>They're having sex in a different position, in real life
I miss the time when my alcoholism was still in control enough to have 3somes instead of being a solitary clusterfuck. Years of only talking to a cashier when buying a 1.5L bottles every other day has fucked with my ability to communicate easily with other humans.

>Am I just fucking myself bad at this point or what?
It's likely, yes.

All of the above.
They help me keep sober. Without a regular reminder of what horrors I lived, my brain would trick me into having "just one beer or a pint of vodka"

You should try outpatient rehab, it should be way cheaper.

Withdrawals and flu aren't a fun experience, but you might as well go though them at once and get over with it.

hmm, really makes you think

Is it normal to get sleep paralysis and lucid dreams after drinking alcohol all day?

wtf?

I remember repeat false awakenings when I was a daily drinker. It was creepy as fuck, and kept you second-guessing reality by the time you woke up for real.

Quit drinking heavily after I finished university because I figured it would interfere with work life. Started drinking a month into job interviews to cope with the stress and anxiety. I should probably get a prescription for xanax or something

Have you drank this or know of anyone that has? Bunnings warehouse in Australia sells this stuff very cheap (that's actually where that picture is from as far as I can tell).

>The company that manufactures the product called back and I can confirm that there are NO TOXIC DENATURANTS (i.e. Methanol)

>With that said, there are still denaturants in the product, mainly in the form of bittering agents. In other words, Diggers Methlyated Spirits is safe to use as a polar solvent, although you'd be hard pressed to consume it, since the taste would be quite nasty.

forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2013100

I'd imagine it would be hell trying to drink it, unless you're mixing very tiny amounts in orange juice.

currently tipsey at overnight job. who here is /responsible/ drunk during the week and gets obliterated on the weekend?

whats wrong with us?
also, who else here had a gf who steered them away from al/ck/ and then messed it up?

>drink because I have nothing meaningful to do
>have nothing meaningful to do because I drink

Someone just give me a decent job.

they can tell if it is alcohol related because your AST will be at least twice your ALT, other conditions don't do that

besides, you should go back because doctors don't care if you are an alcohol, they just want to help but even if you can't stop they will still help you not die and can provide resources if you need them. Don't be embarrassed, 10% of people are alcoholics. They see this shit all the time

>drank too much last night
>applied to like 80 jobs for some reason, don't even need the money
H-how do I undo this?

how about you don't drag feminism into this, it makes you look like a butthurt MRA

shut up

Haha my god this happened to me last weekend except it wasn't a dream it was an actual discussion between me and my drunk mates, some of which were on mdma also. Imagining a crystal bottle of water with fresh condensation glistening on the sides

I have drunk liters upon liters of diggers metho and coles strore brand metho. It's not really difficult at all to drink, just dilute it with enough water and

Tfw the more I drink the more I remember all the shit I did and all the mistakes I made.

Why the fuck doesn't it do what you people claim it does?

Fuck that, not worth risking blindness and all sorts of other shit. That is on the same level as drinking mouthwash and hand sanitizer

>raining
>40F
>have a nice handle of jim beam
>2L of pepsi
>DVR full of unsolved mysteries

Time to get fucking comfy lads

>theglutlife.com/done-right-brass-monkey/

Thanks for this, my man. Can't wait to try it. I drink 40's still (im broke) so hopefully I can stomach them better making them like this.

How do I stop reocurring headaches? When I tried to sleep last night I my head hurt till I poured myself two shots of vodka, then it stopped. Last time I drank too much was Saturday, this was the only occasion ever since where I even touched alcohol. And right now it's hurting again. When will this shit stop?

Drink a lot of water.

Here's what I do

>mix only vodka and water and drink that to get drunk
>in between every 3 or 4 drinks, drink a 20oz of gatorade
>no headache in the morning
>???????
>profit

I doubt you'd be able to keep that down even if you took it through a feeding tube.
Artificial bitterants are incredibly powerful.

Maybe try homebrewing and even home distilling instead. You can make a decent still with a stockpot with a heat resistant bowl in it. Cover the bowl with tin foil or a lid and make a hole in the middle, pour your homemade sugarwine into the pot, outside the bowl, put a lid on the pot. You may have to either make a lid from more tin foil or turn the real lid upside down. You want the condensation to collect on the inside of the lid and run towards the centre of it before dripping into the bow. You have a lid with a hole on the bowl so it doesn't all evaporate back out again.
Extremely crude setup and I'm not convinced all that aluminium is good for you, but if you're posting here you probably have bigger worries.

I've made distilled alcohol that was somewhere between 40 and 50% vol. this way. It was horrid and kind of a bother and I only did it to see if I could.
I'd take that over take that over the stuff you posted but I'd take a cheap vodka from the store over both.

>Artificial bitterants are incredibly powerful.
One drop in a Olympic swimming pool is enough to make it bitter. (100x50x3m iirc, 15000 cubic metre, about 450000 cubic feet.)
1% bittering agent make it just impossible to drink, unless you suffer from ageusia or something similar, like some animals (insecticides and similar have bittering agents too).

Complete noob to drinking, so I have a question:

Drinking on an empty stomach gets you drunk faster - does that mean you also drink less to get to that state of inebriation?

Want to save money on alcohol.

>Complete noob to drinking
Quit now then

well technically, but not by any considerable amount

Decided I just won't go to that program today. Got woken up at 8 am by my brother calling me asking for 1 cigarette. I tried to keep my cool, and he called me an asshole for saying no. I had a half pack but waking me up for a fucking smoke is no bueno. got a bottle and finding movies type of day.

You get drunk faster because boose goes through the stomach faster. If there is solid food in it, it has to be reduced to a liquid by acid.
It doesn't mean you have to drink less per se, but if you drink glass after glass at a party until you are drunk : in the case your stomach is full and slows down alcohol getting into your bloodstream, you'll have more time to drink before realising you had enough (it also means you probably had too much.)

Wagie ragie

anyone else here into anime?

Gave me a good laugh desu.

Hooker last night was great. Did blow together.

Does anime help with sober anhedonia?

I’ve only watched Welcome to the NHK (2close2home4me) and Girls und Panzer (fun). Didn’t watch them sober though.

>tfw had to google anhedonia

for me it does, i watch about 15 episodes a day
if you dont want to get into full series of anime there are plenty of amazing movies

We've had /nightsweats/ edition, but does anyone get day sweats? It's not armpits too bad but at 72 degrees I have BEADS of sweat just running down my fucking face, my hair gets soaked, and it has been driving me insane.

my type of night. I rawdogged a bar whore the other night. probably need to get tested

Went on a bender, got home, ordered UberEats, lost my wallet in my drunken state, scrawled "Go Fuck Yourself" on my hallway wall in sharpie.
Eventually woke up, pieced stuff together, then decided that day wasn't worth it, so got a hooker, did blow, drank a bottle of ouzo, and had a decent night of Netflix with hooker.
Was a pretty good recovery, but not something I should do often.