Give me challenging italian dishes/recipes to attempt

Ive mastered the subtle art of bolognese, amatriciana, alfredo, and the almighty 'nara. I want to be an encyclopedia of the italian cuisine, and I want to expand my cooking horizons as far as possible. Next on my list is veal parm. What are some more essential, notorious, or exotic italian dishes I need to try my hand at?

The obvious answer is decent meatballs browned first in a skillet, then simmered all afternoon in a hearty tomato sauce. This is something that cannot be mastered in one go. It takes at least ten attempts before one can churn this out in less than 4 1/2 hours, 5 if you're lucky. The art of the meatball is not to be taken lightly.

For real. I notice a common problem amongst meatballs ive tried from friends and family is the balls get a really unpleasant, soggy bread-esque texture. Can this be avoided by simply browning the entire meatball first before letting them simmer?

Cacio e pepe is essential. It's pretty much just pasta, cheese and pepper, but getting the consistency right on the sauce is an art form.

From my experience w/ carbonara, the trick seems to be adding in about 1/4-1/2 cup of the pasta water saved from the pot before draining

I find that olive oil works better since it mixes better with the fat that's present in the cheese

Damn, good point. Ill try that next time.

ok
Osso Bucco
Saltimbocca
Pasta et al Foriana
Pasta que pasa Arrabbiata
Breaded Veal Cutlet (don't know how to say in Italian)
Porchetta (I think it's fine to make it with just pork belly. Finding a whole saddle is a pain and is just too much food for a single household)

Can't think of anymore offhand. Find a Foriana that has pine nuts, raisins, garlic, and anchovy. Sounds gross? It did to me too until I actually tried it. Holy shit.

Master affogato and tiramisu

sfogliatelle.

nightmare mode.

Ossobuco
Saltimbocca
Pasta et al Foriana (not italian)
Penne all'arrabbiata
Cotoletta alla milanese
Porchetta

Roman Dumplings.
Doesn't sound very challenging, but if you don't make them right, they're too tough. They should be tender, yet firm, and the sauce and cheese should reflect that.

I honestly don't understand what you are saying.
Foriana isn't Italian? Well, it should be. I'm pretty sure it's at least Roman.
Or did my sarcastic mis-spellings throw you off?

Everyone keeps saying porchetta like it's hard. It's incredibly easy, as long as you get the right ingredients and know how to roast meat. It's much easier than many, many, many other dishes.

i'm not sarcastic. Maybe it's a pseudo italian dish like

spaghetti bolognese
spaghetti meatballs
fettuccine alfredo

Okay, but without looking it up, doesn't foriana at least seem Roman? Anchovies, garlic, dried grapes, nuts?

It looks like a southern dish

Try culurjones. Traditional italian-sardinian

arancini and risotto

I love making risotto.

alfredo is not italian you fucking dingus

They probably just put to much bread in .. They may not even toast it

Pretty sure you haven't mastered anything that's actually eyetalian....

Beefaroni is a dish that continues to confound and elude even the greatest of Italian chefs.

piccole costine di maiale che sono state arrostite e incrostate di rafano, senape e burro di arachidi, con una leggera infusione di Campari, cosparsi di foglie di camomilla, con un'insalata di melanzane e amarognolo su un letto di riso

Tortellini is a bit tricky, if you make your own dough.
Risotto is easy to screw up.
It's not really Italian in the proper sense, but Cioppino is quite elaborate (or at least expensive).
Drunken mussels aren't really difficult, but they are delicious and classic.
You could try your hand at gnocchi too.

at the face of the dick

La pizzaiola (“Pizza-Maker’s” Beef)

> Ctrl + F
> "Timpano"
> No Timpano

are you niggers really this dense? Try to make it OP. It is the biggest challenge.