Was your mom a good cook?

was your mom a good cook?

Her food sucked, but she dressed like pic related when she cooked.
So yes

Yes
My brother's friends use to come over uninvited for food when they heard she was making one of her specialties

She still is
I visit her when I can so she can make me food

no I grew up on bar food

She was and still is. She raised me to be a good cook too. When I go home I cook for her and my dad and not the other way round. I actually enjoy the shit out of it because she has an incredible kitchen with a Viking stove/range and a shitload of toys to play with

My mother is good at baking, shit at cooking. Makes good cookies, cakes, bread, etc. Can't fucking steam a pot of vegetables without turning them into mush.

She was average I guess, she was a good baker though. She mostly just made stuff that was out of a box or some basic recipes. My dad was the good cook.

My mom is from out east so you can't beat her beef or chicken gravy. A proper roast beef dinner has never been done better.

I've been teaching her about heat. Regardless, I made an alfredo sauce that was frozen in cubes and she cooked up bay scallops and combined them in a linguine that I've never tasted something superior. I just about shit myself. Lot of dark garlic, rich seafood and bright cream and noodle.

oh and parm reg and 4 peppers.

Yes, love her cooking to hell. But as she's getting older and older, it's rare to even see her in the kitchen. So all her godly cooking can only be enjoyed in memory format.

Not at all. I liked her roast potatoes a lot as a kid but mine now kick the fuck out of hers.
Considering she didn't work until I was like 13 it surprises me she never developed better homemaker skills. What did she do all day?
Of the two parents, my father was the better cook, though he rarely cooked until they divorced.

I can see why people would go to war over a woman

My mom was an okay cook considering she had to deal with a husband with advanced multiple sclerosis, four kids and whatever job she was working at the time.
She was not Julia Child but she kept us fed and most of the time it wasn't terrible.
That being said I learned most of my cooking skills from PBS and eventually Food Network shows.

She was fine at cooking, she just never fucking did it.

gib mommy gf

ditto. my mother was by her own admission a terrible cook, but her baking was on point and the family recipes were delicious.

nonetheless, she had(/has) a few dishes that i think taste great, even if it's somewhat sentimental. her chicken marsala is fuego

She's always been good with the exception of making really spicy food, she could never quite nail that.

nigger I've seen you in 3 boards today give it a rest

My mom taught culinary at the local community college. Food was good and she still cooks every day. Feels good.

your mom cooked in the nude?

You are me

My mom is a not-great cook but a phenomenal baker. My dad is the better cook

Oh i can beat her beef

She can beat my beef all night long but there's no way she prepares roasted meat better than me.

Oh I'm sure they got a taste of many of her specialties

Nope, lots of rubbery George Forman chicken

So when mom buys pizza for dinner you sexually harass a woman in the club?

It's implying he's grabbing his mom's ass you fucking idiot.

What kind of douchebag harasses women in the club because of pizza?

wait.... so you sexually harass your mother in the club?

but then who's home to pay the pizza delivery guy?

No.

She was afraid of undercooking meat, so she made it tough and dry.
She thought salt, sugar, and fat were unhealthy, so she'd only use like 1/3 of what she was supposed to.

But she always tried. There was always a hot meal on the table that mostly tasted ok. Her crockpot meals were actually pretty decent. Actually, her homemade soups were great too.

She was quite good cook, did some great cakes. However she had her favorite 5 or so dishes, and was quite sutboorn on doing just that every day. Also every time she cooked red beetroots, she forgot about it, and burned the pot, it was something like curse.

That's the only complaint I have about my mom's cooking. Like 20 years of chicken breast so dry it sucks all the moisture out of your mouth and so hard that every bite is a challenge. Porkchops like cardboard. Steaks in a pitiful state.

But just about anything else she made was amazing. I don't know why the chops give her so much trouble when she can make such a mouth watering pork roast.

No.

not at all
she couldnt cook for shit, dad cooked for us, he humored her by letting her do something basic once in a while.
He was a drunk with a few loose screws and he started beating me up when his mother died but he didnt need anyone at all and i learned that from him

>he didnt need anyone
He obviously needed a shrink and a pharmacist.

Everyone in my family is a good cook. It's the one thing that brings us all together.

Oh shit! #truth #nodoubt #igotyoufam #foldedlikealawnchair

#italiano

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

he needed a bullet but drinking himself to death is fine too

She was very good. Particularly at curries. I still can't match her on use of spice.

My mum is very good at improvising food and ingredients. My dad is like a good engineer. All ingredients in small bowls lined up next to the stove and recipe followed to the letter. The more complex, the better. My mum and I will just throw things in and adjust on the fly.

My mom is straight up the best cook I've ever met. She makes restaurant grade food, only slightly blander so we don't get sick of it. I actually want her to live with me even after I get married so I can keep eating her cooking. I moved out for a few months once and god I missed her cooking so much.

holy shit a nuke went off while you were eating breakfast

>was your mom a good cook?
Generally speaking, yes. She cooked nearly every meal for our family from scratch (bread included). Most of it was very good. She wasn't perfect though. She nearly always overcooked pork, and it was quite common for her to serve a very plain, unseasoned, boiled or steamed vegetable as a side, which is rather odd given that normally she did a great job seasoning everything else in the meal.

My father could pan-fry things (i.e. bacon and eggs for breakfast), and he did a passable job at grilling but that's pretty much the extent of his cooking skills.

She was alright. Food tasted nice but wasn't crazy good. She cooked on occasion. Our maids cooked mostly.

Mini nuke

Fallout: New Raqqa

Looks comfy, where do you live?

Man, Syria is actually a gorgeous country. I hope they clear up that little issue they have soon so I can visit.

The picture is from Damascus, Syria, not Rakka.

No, my parents both had full time jobs, so dinner was hamburger helper and frozen mixed vegetables. Better attempts were made on holidays and weekends, but the food was very basic.
You have to remember the generation was living in and grew up in a simpler time. There was no internet to spread recipes, no YouTube chefs, and no Veeky Forums. Cooking shows on TV were few and far between, and "foodie" culture was limited to bigger cities with culture and money. Gourmet grocery stores with all sorts of uncommon and imported things were not present. Mom used the same old dusty cookbook from World War 2. Things really have changed a lot.

She makes amazing baked goods, she grew up making her grandmothers recipes with her mother. I kind of took over the acual cooking.

Did she have a masters degree in cooking or did they let her teach because she worked in the industry for so long.

My community college had a culinary program too and you could get some pretty dank food for cheap there

>gorgeous
>flat plane rio favela

Even hell twinkles in the distance, user.

No, but I don't blame her. She has no interest in cooking and her mother is a "cook to live" not "live to cook" type of person. I broke the cycle but I doubt the family name is going to continue.

When she was up for it, yeah. Especially her meatloaf, i could eat that all day if it didn't end up killing me.

No her food was total shit but my dads on the other side was delicius

I'd say yes. I only realized it when I rarely ate at other peoples homes and it was 90% of the time disgusting.

Yes very accomplished--still is. Grew up cooking and baking with her mother and grandmother.

Mom got me into cooking in the first place, actually.

I love my mums cooking but i adore my grandma's, she makes roasties in goosefat and goes all out.
Shes a real old fashioned lady and loves cooking and spends all day in the kitchen when she does, she used to have us all down for sunday roast and we have a huge family but she'd always go all out for us every week.
She used to send us apple and berry picking when we were kids and she'd make jam and fresh apple pies for dessert, a full english breakfast in bed everytime you would stay and the worlds greatest cup of tea.
God i love my grandma, what i would give to live one of those days again.

The bull

My mama makes the best fucking spaghetti and I'll fight you and your mama if you say otherwise

Nah, my dad did all the cooking. And I'm following in his footsteps.

She can cook most things reasonably well but now she always wants to try cooking Asian food and always fucks it up.
Then my dad will start talking shit and they'll get into an argument.
She used to be much better but I think she stopped giving a fuck.

Fuck no
>macaroni and cheese using only Cheese Whiz
>steamed frozen broccoli that fell apart before you could even put it on your fork

Yes. Great with veg, so much that now they are my favourite food. She wasn't great with meat, so I never like it. Nowadays my diets mostly fish and veg.

Both my parents worked late, so I cooked for myself growing up. I watched a lot of Food Network and ended up being much better than my mother at cooking, which I suppose is a good tradeoff for having an unhealthy relationship with food.

I'm sure shes got plenty of toys to play with

>great at choosing and combining ingredients
>heavily tends to overcook things because muh foodborne illnesses
>unable to take a couple minutes to properly cut vegetables (it's not uncommon to get fist-sized pieces in your plate)

Could be better, could be much worse.

storytaim

I used to think so. She's decent at it, but it occurred to me after a year of so after I moved out that I can cook meat so much better than her. She owns breakfast, but I have the rest covered in spades. Just can't replicate her french toast.

based gib poster

was no one else on this shitty website grossed out by their nasty ugly fat mom?
i don't get this meme

Give

No

Fucking kill yourself sjw faggot

My mom is an awful cook. She makes 'stir-frys'. Awful premade noodles with assorted vegetables. No salt or pepper no seasoning at all actually, just shitloads od soy sauce and oil and it tastes like shit.

She gets offended when I put salt and pepper on a meal she gives me which irritates me like you wouldn't believe, I just think to myself how can someone be so retarded. I cook for myself now.

Yes and we had a huge thread about the food atrocities inflicted on us by Boomers.
The truth is, my mom's traditional American cooking was delicious. Bland, repetitive, but oh so goddamned good.

I think my mom purposely cooked awful food so that others would cook for her. She has never tried in the kitchen, just doesn't give a shit. She would cook up the same few bland dishes, always unseasoned and boring. One of the reasons I learned how to cook was because of how bad her cooking was.