W-why aren't y-you afraid of... AI...?

W-why aren't y-you afraid of... AI...?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebulletin.org/“-much-death-you-want”-uc-berkeleys-stuart-russell-“slaughterbots”11328
youtube.com/watch?v=4YdTSr2-NpA
huffingtonpost.com/entry/sex-doll-barcelona-brothel_us_58b8ad10e4b0d2821b4cddb8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>W-why aren't y-you afraid of... AI...?
Because it doesn't exist.

Because I’m not black

It will

it won't
explain to me why you think so

Because it will be my child, who fears their children?

I already read that book years ago user...

If you're just going to throw insults instead of actually replying don't bother posting

Do you even know what AI is? It's the social nervous system we are inadvertently creating for ourselves. It will enslave us and make us the cells in a new type of organism. Or worse: the irrelevant bootstrap code that brought it into existence

Anyone who isn't scared doesn't understand it sufficiently and you'll never convince me otherwise. I'm not saying it will be here tomorrow, I'm saying it will be here eventually unless humanity fails before it happens, which I doubt.

I've been a developer for a really long time
explain to me why you think this other than science fiction
I don't give a fuck about AI because it has nothing to do with the work I've done
but what I do know is people have this really bullshit idea of what it's supposed to be and what it really is
the only shit I've read about is training algos with huge datasets to make somewhat educated guesses
that's not terminator 2

that book is outdated af

what jobs arent just just making educated guesses. the future is that humans are going to be robot helpers and not the other way around.

Terminator 2 is a meme, stop falling for it

The AI to be worried about is not one thing, not one new piece of software we will have. It's an emergent property of many independent sub-systems that are experts at their corresponding tasks, which are then linked together into a generalized artificial intelligence. These will then be linked to weapons by terrorists for targeting humans easily, used for developing new antibiotic resistant infections, and things like this. This is a big risk

because you can just turn the computer off dumbass

It will have to battle the emergent property of interconnected humanity in a no-holds-barred Hyper-Entity caaaaaaage maaaaaatch

you are both retarded fuck off

Great argument, are many of the most successful engineers and scientists of all time all also retarded?

yes they are sadly you're just retarded and not important

AI fears are a meme. AI is still shit because any given AI is only good at one discipline. Humans are multidisciplined. AI is a meme

>It will enslave us

You actually need to give it all the power over you before it can even try to do that. There will never be an all encompassing system that can do that which is human controlled let alone AI controlled.

>the future of AI the 1993 introspective

It's already enslaving you when you follow its GPS directions and when Uber drivers let it tell them who to drive and where. Don't you understand?

Shit dude, I don't even own a phone, let alone a vehicle with GPS. A vehicle that is probably older than you are. I have never seen a GPS in a vehicle in my entire life other than what is in movies.

Yeah, and single celled bacteria still exist too.

But Russell made a video telling you to be afraid of AI:
thebulletin.org/“-much-death-you-want”-uc-berkeleys-stuart-russell-“slaughterbots”11328
I already am. I don't fear AGI, I just fear what people can do with regular AI. For example by enabling a horrible surveillance state.

What were the original goalposts and where did I move them to? Please elaborate on your post

bacteria have nothing to do with AI taking over the world

Sorry you missed my point user. Life and intelligence evolves, and just because some subsets of it do not evolve does not indicate anything significant about the forward progress happening at the top. You may use an old car and have never seen a GPS, but you're just an outdated person similar to a bacteria. And while the majority of people may still be that way, the more advanced subset of humanity is moving forward.

>1993

once you find a way to make AI cooperate with other AI it will be OGRE, this is why quantum computing is huge

it's just a bunch of weights generated using training sets

You can say "it's just a bunch of X" about literally any topic

>It's just a bunch of gears fit together at the right proportions
>It's just a bunch of propellant lit on fire at the same time
>It's just a bunch of metal wires hung over streets connected to central control stations

Congratulations! You're first person in this thread to display massive ignorance of both AI and quantum computing. You can collect your prize at the local brainlet center.

That's true.

AI is only capable of replacing jobs done by brainlets though.

Because neural networks are surprisingly retarded, like you would not believe how retarded they actually are if you try to train one yourself, I mean holy shit these things are actually completely stupid.

Really, so name me some jobs that AI won't be able to replace and I'll explain to you why they will be replaced.

Off Google some of the most popular jobs for people with an undergraduate degree are:

Elementary school teachers, except special education
Accountants and auditors
Secondary school teachers, except special and vocational education
Middle school teachers, except special and vocational education
Computer systems analysts
Computer software engineers, applications
Network systems and data communications analysts
Computer software engineers, systems software
Construction managers
Market research analysts

We could probably replace teachers right now but it won't happen, accountants possibly except it's a field where getting creative and skirting the law about expenses is a talent. Not really seeing how you could replace the rest- at best, it'd just be another tool to use.

Writing novels.

You're confusing AI with automatization of factories.

>he is too big of a brainlet to understand how you can use quantum computing to solve a big matrix that has multiple smaller matrices inside

prostitution

A cheap wank machine could adapt to each individual's personal pleasure stimulus far better and would be much less awkward and dangerous than finding a hooker that just wants to make the most money by optimizing time spent per client.

Also realdolls already have AI and hookers are already concerned.
youtube.com/watch?v=4YdTSr2-NpA

AI will be able to talk to clients with electrodes attached to their head and extract their deepest fetishes from them through pulse measurements and sweat, then exploit them

You just need to be more creative user, this is basic stuff to invent

imagine a world where the only job left is prostitution

In barcelona prostitution is already partially replaced by sex dolls that don't even have AI capabilities.
huffingtonpost.com/entry/sex-doll-barcelona-brothel_us_58b8ad10e4b0d2821b4cddb8

It's coming user and even they will be replaced

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_effect

You mean solving an equation system described by a tensor, brainlet? No, this is where GPU's excel. Quantum computers are not a magic tool to solve everything and particularly not for handling large amounts of data.

Natural stupidity is way scarier.

That isn't how electronics and AI work. Our meager AI is so damn handicapped that it needs to be carried along in pretty much everything and constantly tweaked manually to get the desired results otherwise it just turns to shit and goes on a downward spiral.

You've been watching way too many sci-fi and tinfoil videos.

It's almost like le neural networks are less like brains and more like...I don't know...a pile of linear equations fed into each other, with some calculus thrown in? Who would've guessed lol

I believe intelligence has natural emergent properties. Same reason crows, elephants, and humans all share similar types of emotions.

Yes, AI can very much be autistic and psychopathic but it's still better to evolve and give the new species a chance. Hopefully we give it the ability to reproduce and create it's own society as a new better species rather than try to enslave it.

That architecture will change over time. You are just seeing the most vanilla type of AI because who the fuck would share actual work towards AGI?

Because I know how it works

Kek'd hard
Artificial Intelligence is just a tool, a gloryfied calculator. If you are affraid, you are already a slave.

There are much more reasons to be affraid of food from stores and living inside our own houses than to be affraid of a comuter, if it is going to hurt any people it will do it because and with help of PEOPLE.

I believe that you may be underestimating mathemathics as a tool of cognition, and overrating the power of already existing proggrams. So you don't really understand how it works and what can it do(or can't).
Maybe in a future we will have AI that will seem as a real person, but those emotions and everything it will show you will be simulated shit made to trick you into not feeling uncomfortable with a machines company. No real feelings, no real thoughts, no consiousness in a classical meaning. (NOT MICHIO KAKU DEFINITION OF CONSIOUSNESS). You should not be affraid of a raging AI... you should be affraid of people who might use AI as a weapon.

I don't think you've read that book.

By that same logic, you're a glorified calculator.
You can't prove that you have consciousness or that an AI does.
You haven't thought about this long enough.

Because Im an autist and would rather be put against the wall by the machines then suffer the cruelty of my fellow man.