Where is today's underground art movement and how do i join it

where is today's underground art movement and how do i join it

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.be/books?id=bD18BwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
scribd.com/doc/293930007/Hypersphere
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Right here.

underground you spag

Just start going to local art galleries, you'll eventually meet plenty of weirdos and artists. My city, Kansas City, has dozens of rebellious weirdos doing performance art, noise music, painting, public sex, drugs, etc etc. Just don't be disappointed if you're a right-winger. Artists tend to be leftists on average, especially the underground variety.

The funny thing is my cousin actually does have contacts in underground art movements and access to their private websites and forums.

I'm not going to spoonfeed you, however, since your art is probably shit. Just make good art and eventually you'll be approached.

Wow user you are so cool.

indie game dsign

It just comes naturally.

You're on it

Is it possible that something actually prfound comes from here once and not shooter novels or some spatic's diary?

no

memes

>shooter novels
as in a school shooter novel? damn i thought that was my own unique idea

Go under a large bridge in an urban setting.

Srsly.

You've gotta make a conscious effort. Practice an art that requires performance or exhibition. Visual artists need a musician and wine service for galleries. Comedians need a DJ to mix between sets and a bartender to serve drinks. People will book shows across mediums.

I don't know what to tell you, the divide between 'underground' and 'not good enough to make money' isn't well defined. In my experience, artists who try to be out of the mainstream are insecure about their own skills and ambitions.

Los Angeles, go to Non Plus Ultra and you're basically in.

I'm convinced at least one truly great writer is going to come from Veeky Forums.

10 years ago I would have said Veeky Forums

Is it even possible to participate in underground art as a writer? I sometimes feel like there's a barrier to written art that the visual arts don't have.

Maybe be underground, live it and write about it on your own without anybody's knowledge.

Literally here

Maybe it is you, maybe it will be me? Propably none of us though.

Voat and Gab are the new chans and reddit. Veeky Forums and reddit are mainstream corporate shills.

>he doesn't know

books.google.be/books?id=bD18BwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

scribd.com/doc/293930007/Hypersphere

>have to make an account to post on both of them

Fuck that.

>Voat

It's basically /pol/, that's boring as fuck.

This is the realisation I came to last summer with the music I had been making for years. I pushed myself to only make automatic singing folk songs I'd record one take of and then publish them if I enjoyed them. But really, attempting some surrealist method was just my way of deflecting from my insecurity about becoming a performer. I can write songs, but I don't know that I could prefect them and then go around playing them for other people.

As for underground books and zines ... they're popular still in anarchist enclaves throughout north america - though I'm not sure they're at a level comparable to Russian zines before the Commie swan dive. And I guess you don't necessarily call them underground anymore because everything becomes a product in western society, whether or not the item itself has a price. All social interactions around the consumption of culture are about actual or potential material value. So nothing can be hidden that is meant to be shared. There's lots at your local library, I'll bet.

Each person, each friend, or potential reader is both a traitor and the boot.
The panopticon is perfect.
The coliseum is beautiful.
There is only the overview of a grounds, and those whose art is damned.