Milk alternatives

I bought almond milk for the first time yesterday only out of curiosity. I don't believe it's healthier or any of that shit. Anyway, it tastes like sweetened water. I am absolutely repulsed at the hype it has around it. It's definitely not healthier, as the added sugar only made me crave more sugar. I'm not buying this overpriced sweetened almond soaking water again.

What are some good milk alternatives? I'm thinking of trying soy milk next. Is it any better?

Got you covered, bro.

In terms of on taste alone, rice milk has to me the best and to most the most neutral flavor of all non-dairy milk. Also, if you are not vegan, maybe try goat milk, it is easier to digest.

I love rice. I look forward to trying this. Thanks.

I actually have no problem digesting cow's milk. It's just that I want some variety. I've been drinking regular milk almost everyday since childhood. I'm also curious about trying new flavors. And actually I've never tried goat's milk yet. I've never seen it being sold in our local supermarket, though. Neither rice milk desu. I guess I'm going to have to look for them.

They're all terrible. If you aren't allergic or intolerant then don't even bother.

Get unsweetened. Cashew milk is better.

I can't get behind all those nut milks. The taste is nice but the texture is watery, or possibly a bit viscous if they gum it up with stabilizers, but I've never had a nut milk that was actually creamy.
Soymilk has the best texture IMO. It can get very creamy, even creamier than dairy milk.

Oat milk is good, I use it for most things aside from tea in the house. Company called Oatly do a very good barista style one that's nice and thick unlike the usual watery shit you get with other types of milk alternatives.

Honestly if you don't need to then don't bother. None of these alternatives actually replace milk in flavor or in nutrients.

Rice milk is good, the best taste-wise is almond milk, hands down, fuck op's wrong opinion. just get the unsweeted next time. God tier is vanilla almond milk and captain crunch.

Side note, i always get my period when i drink soy milk. A bit late? Drink a liter through the course of a day or a little more, period is guaranteed to happen in the next couple days? Want aunt flo to come a early? Drink a carton the weekend before, have period during week, enjoy bloodless weekend. I know the average user on here won't see much use out of this tangent, but it's interesting to consider why this happens. Idk the effect it will have on non-menstruating people.

this, if only I get natural milk, it would be so much better than the pasteurised crap

The isoflavons in the soy might make a minor hormonal change and that in turn, affect your period

All those milk alternatives taste better if you add heavy cream

My man nips have been super sore lately, could it be because I've been chugging soy milk????

congratulations retard, you gave yourself gyno

Look for unpasteurized milk. It is great for people with lactose intolerance

Hazelnut is the only one that actually tastes good.

lactose intolerant here. I don't want to take the risk before looking at some proofs. can you backup your claims?

Really it's only from personal experience. I had an ex who couldn't even eat a little bit of ice cream without shitting her brains out. A local vet gave her the unpasteurized milk he made himself. She could finally eat cereal without it coming right back out. If you are in the US I know Kroger sells it. It wouldn't hurt to buy a jug and take a sip and see how it works for you. Just think of it as your chance to eat cereal again haha.

i'll give it a shot when i get the chance, thanks user.