This years Nebula Award for Best Science Fiction Novel winner

>this years Nebula Award for Best Science Fiction Novel winner

You have shit taste

>>>/sffg/

>non-binary woman

I'm not even surprised.

I was just browsing around today and stumbled across Ploughshares Poetry's site and saw an emerging poets award. I figured I'd look into it but what do you know:
>past winners:

lasheqwa O'Neil
King Ming king fuk yu whitu
Barbara whitewoman
Gay woman but with a twist
More women

Awesome. Just wonderful

If it's a good novel who gives a shit about the author.

Offer better criticism you dingus.

Problem, shitlord?

So brave

>All the Birds in the Sky is a 2016 science fantasy novel by American writer and editor Charlie Jane Anders. It is [her] debut speculative fiction novel and was first published in January 2016 in the United States by Tor Books. The book is about a witch and a techno-geek, their troubled relationship, and their attempts to save the world from disaster. The publisher described the work as "blending literary fantasy and science fiction".

>Literary fantasy

literally, so what?

>waa waaa a white male didn't win the nebula award for the first time since ever

why are you /pol/tards so fragile? someone who isn't a privileged white male wins for once and all you can do is whine and mock. shame.

>the last thing you saw before accidentally triggering Charlie Jane Anders

King ming king phuk yu whitu

Hahajajah top zozz le

its ya tier shit

What a faggot desu senpai senpaitachi

I'm sure he/she totally deserves it and it's nothing at all to do with diversity quotas and proving how progressive they are.

Maybe its actually a good book. Sometimes weird, ugly, mentally ill people create fantastic art.

But Charlie Jane Anders is a privileged white male.

Its surreal to see a man put on a dress, makeup, and wig and then begin lecturing about the patriarchy and feminism

>if something happens that I don't like it must be part of an agenda

Braver than you.

What the fuck honestly I'm so embarrassed.

I dont consider genre fiction to be literature, this sort of trash is more /co/ tbqh

And maybe Transformers: The Last Knight is a good movie. Sometimes studio-driven pop filmmaking produces amazing art.

But we both know neither of those things are true.

A white male did win though

i have really struggled with whether and how to respond to this. The execution of this message was very nice and respectful, and I genuinely appreciate that. The premise, however, is problematic. Maybe not inherently, but within the context of the sexist society we live in. Men are allowed, and often feel compelled, to think out loud at women, to share unsolicited not necessarily informed thoughts at women. (And usually these men, unlike you, don’t even seem to recognize that their thoughts may not be useful.) Women on the other hand aren’t allowed to be as open. So, if you want to not just be respectful, but actually be anti-oppression, it is better (IMO) not to respond to a woman’s work with the types of thoughts that other men pawn off as insights, if you know what i mean. again, i appreciate your honesty, but i feel obligated to point these things out.