When Restaurants Go Political

Anybody ever seen a restaurant or brand make an explicitly political statement with its product? What do you make of it?

My favourite UK chain GBK occasionally puts out jabs like the attached, they also did a pretty puntastic one based on Trump during the presidential campaign last year- a rump steak burger with double cheese they described as "cheesy, incredibly rich and a bit of an ass". I found it pretty harmless and funny but I'm sure some people take it seriously in choosing brands.

facebook com/gourmetburgerkitchen/?hc_ref=ARQ1cJx5BgQ4X9MV6TYqi8-u1sg6lyEGljZqYYrwERInPPahIeU0y27s7nV_NJmL48c&fref=nf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TJrl5U-Sr8U
yaledailynews.com/blog/2009/02/06/sack-dont-politicize-coffee/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Pickled cucumbers.
You mean...pickles?

"pickles" are pickled gherkin
at least in the UK

>spesh
Into the trash

Chick Fil A

large nation wide companies would never dare, because americas actually follow through with boycotts
not Veeky Forums related exactly but the most recent example but the NFL and all the black players refusing to stand for the national anthem
the NFL originally said "we support our players right to not stand" until last weekend when they lost 17% of their weekly revenue because people decided they weren't going to watch football because of it.
Then immediately they backtracked an issued a statement saying it is now mandatory for all players to stand and any that don't will face fines and suspensions.

see, the bottom line is all these businesses care about. That burger place made a calculated decision thinking EPIK BANTZ would draw more customers. Meanwhile starbucks said they

I stopped buying b&j when they came out in support of BLM

I was already off that train since occupy wall street
They were financing that

There's a pub in Berkeley that names their sandwiches after various places and people. They had an Obama sandwich while Obama was president and then just renamed it to something unrelated afterwards.
There was no mention of Trump.
That's pretty damn tame for Berkeley imo.

they never went political. it was uppity faggots and agnostics that needed some attention because ChickFilA doesn't allow ghetto faggotry or a change in corporate policy for feels.

I think I'm sick of having politics shoved down my throat. No pun intended.

>fund anti-gay organizations and gay conversion concentration camps
>apolitical

We dinnit do nuffin!

A nearby restaurant had a Trump Pizza with one half 'Mexico Style' pizza and the other half 'American Style', divided by a mozzarella stick wall, people got triggered so hard on their Facebook page, but I ate 5

Literally they fund the fellowship of Christian athletes organization a cool million dollars. It's not political. Queers just REEEEing hard. Funny enough they'd probably tolerate it if it was an equivalent Muslim org.

Alienating customers is always a great business strategy

This hipster pizza place in my city had a "hate has no home here" sign posted out front until they went out of business. Which is a shame because they mixed their own sodas and had pretty good brick oven pizzas.

everyone i know has stopped watching the NFL for the boycott, and they might even stop altogether after realizing how shitty the whole scheme is. But that's wishful thinking.

That actually sounds like a fun little promo but of course people have to be huge faggots about it

This

All the liberal bars hosted watch partys when Comey testified to Congress

Literally they fund the Paul Anderson boys camp too.

get used to it, it's only gonna get worse

But they didn't issue any mandate, though. There's no plans for it, either. Don't be dumb.

>going to a bar to watch fucking CSPAN
would rather carry around a tikki torch desu

desu those """nazi""' rallies look like a lot of fun. The hilarious thing is, half the time they show up and get out well before the opposition moves in, meaning it's just a bunch of guys in polos hanging around and leaving before a bunch of try-hard college kids come to beat anyone and everyone up because mob mentality

>>fund anti-gay organizations and gay conversion concentration camps
The vast majority of people who attend gay conversion therapy do so on their own accord. This bullshit meme needs to die. All this shit needs to die. I avoid telling people i'm gay at all costs because any negative view people have of queers comes from the flamboyant irrational aggression and lies that everyone spreads now.

Yeah they do their little demonstration and then go drink and then joke about jews like /pol/ irl

it sounds like fun but not worth associating with

>The vast majority of people who attend gay conversion therapy do so on their own accord.
Paul Anderson home (the organization Chick-FilA has been publicly funding for decades) is for young bouys i.e 16-21. Minors can't check themselves into these places of their own accord. They require either a partners release or a court order.
>avoid telling people i'm gay at all costs because any negative view people have of queers comes from the flamboyant irrational aggression and lies that everyone spreads now.
Pathetic. No better than white guys self flagellating because they found out their extremely distant relatives were slave owners or something.

>partner
the parents

GBK is disgusting

Cn't say a fan of chains trying to latch on to contemporary events to gain exposure. I don;t mind a pun here or there, but fuck GBK and the like

>16-21
wow literally just using shock therapy on babies huh

>Pathetic. No better than white guys self flagellating because they found out their extremely distant relatives were slave owners or something.
No it's more like avoiding saying i'm a registered libertarian because it's just an awkward conversation thanks to all the flamboyant narratives. As in it puts all the obligation on me to prove i'm not that kind of person.

This bar declared themselves a "Trump-Free Zone" and another stopped carrying Miller and Coors because their Chairman held a fundraiser for Trump or something.

Neither of which meant anything but got them a small article written about them on a local blog.

Part of that demographic can't check themselves fucko, way to miss my point.

The "obligation" to explain yourself sounds like a personal problem. There is no obligation to set your self apart from a stereotype. Stop (when it can be helped in social situations, obviously there are times when you can't help who you're having to speak to) associating with asshats who are ready to label you.

>I'm Gay but I can't just be gay, I either have to be a flaming cum-gargling AIDS-ridden degenerate or almost literally a skeleton in a closet

You're part of the problem, buddy. Just act like a normal decent human being. That's really what most people want.

A 16 year old isn't a child, it doesn't matter if they check themselves in or not. They have personal agency.

I am a normal human being, and i'm not in the closet. You're both missing the point.

This Mexican place has a tip jar that says "Help Build the Wall"

Gayfag here. I want to be a normal fucking person and try to be but the cum gurgling faggots give us a bad name.

I just like fucking dudes. We can get married now. There's literally no fucking issue. Wish the pridefags would get Poz'd faster.

What does agency have to do with it? You know they can't leave on their own accord right? You don't think an adult with agency can be made to change their ways through brainwashing and a barrage of harmful messages?

>This guy was wrongfully imprisoned but who cares cause he has personal agency

>My favourite UK chain GBK
How does this happen? I'm not some nouveau Burger hipster but they're complete cack.

>what does the ability to make decisions and act on your own have to do with the ability to make decisions and act on your own
huh

>imprisoned
>brainwashing
it's like another shoah aint it

Penzey's Spices is very openly political and I buy a lot of my spices from them because of it.

A minor has literally no say so when getting into these camps. Same with leaving. It's bootcamp. Pray tell, where does the ability to make decisions play into this?
inb4
>dude just runaway lmao

youtu.be/TJrl5U-Sr8U

>Send kid to Christian camp
Brainwashing, hatred, child abuse
>Send kid to fag events
Tolerance training, progressive, socially conscious

Well for one, therapy only works if the participant is willing and there isn't actually any torture involved in these glorified bible camps. And if there is, that's illegal you irrational fuck.

But really, you cannot force someone that age to do anything. Emancipation exists for exactly this reason.

Show me a fag event aimed at underages that preaches gay conversion. If it exists than I condemn it too but I think you're just being an ass.

whoa, it's almost as if the idea of a long term camp is to make you more open to the idea of praying the gay away over timw via peer pressure and verbal/physical abuse...damn...whoaaaa

funny you should ask

>GBK

I've heard it described as "Glorified Burger King" by a friend.

The owners were political, every chain restaurant will have wealthy owners or major shareholders who donate to politicians.

They didn't politicize the food.

Wow how awful how will they ever recover from a summer camp that sucks

>Show me a fag event aimed at underages that preaches gay conversion.

In my commie European country home schooling is not allowed. Sex education including sexual diversity is mandatory at primary school level (they are not allowed to call the diversity mental illness either).

All public education is turning into a mandatory attendance fag event preaching gay conversion.

I liked the part in your post where you didn't make an argument.

>gherkin
You mean... cucumbers?

Yeah, that is pretty fucked up. user can get fucked for trying to make a strawman of me.

You can't really convert someone to being gay. You need the cocktail of predisposition and environment, usually some form of abuse or neglect. But i think it's pretty obvious that making it cool to be gay creates the abuse that can lead to really being gay. Like little impressionable kids thinking they want to wear dresses and get treated like girls which in turn permanently fucks them up.

Sexual dysfunction begets sexual dysfunction, and that's the primary cause of homosexuality as a phenomena

Ya fuckin pinhead

>Emancipation
Easier said than done, especially when a parent can have their kid whisked away without their knowledge. You often don't have cell phone and Internet access in these settings to good luck trying to get that underway. Divorcing your parents is a pretty dire alternative to avoid going to an institution that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Wow man, that must sound fucking horrifying to people who have had no interaction with modern Christianity. Must be hell being surrounded by dumb pathologically altruistic ideologues who are just want you to stop sucking dick. Being cared for in some clean well maintained facility that you could likely just walk away with no real consequences if you wanted to.

I don't know what reality you people are living in but you can't treat minors or people in general poorly in 2017 burgerland. Especially if you're some sort of institution tasked with guarding minors.

I can see your malnourished, skinny, pale, dirty body from here

sorry i don't have aids, cunt

See

You'd have an argument if these were grown ass adults we were talking about. However a confused, suggestable 16 year old queer living in the deep south might not be able to brush off the constant rhetoric. Not every 16 year old is intelligent, nihilistic and has a wicked sense of humor like you.

You might have an argument if being converted to being straight was some sort of crime against humanity.

I put my biases by when it comes to food. Anyone can make good food and the taste is almost never actually affected by politics.

Pic related. It does bother me a little that b&j's are run by literal communists but I still love their ice cream.

It is. Being homosexual isn't illegal.

Neither is being straight. What kind of logic is that? What does it even matter if someone stops being gay? It isn't a good thing one way or another.

Because you don't "stop being gay". That isn't how that works. There is no real conversion happening. It's teaching you to treat your attraction as sin, bury it and be something you aren't.

You don't see the crime in sending someone away to "fix" their non-harmful/non-criminal qualities?

Gay conversion is relatively common for lesbians, though for men conversion does seem less common. Take a dick once and you've caught the gays.

No i really don't see the harm in people convincing themselves that their sexuality is something to avoid.

You're only upset about it because this is specifically about gays. People have been doing it for a long time and there has even been recent secular trends. I mean i didn't even want to go into this, but might as well. Being gay is not like some Modern Family shit, it's much more like Bruno which is why gays are either insane cottaging fags or sad faggots like me who try not to engage in that shit. It's not fun being sexually dysfunctional despite what idiots tout. I don't blame anyone for trying to get fixed. Yeah it's fucked up if someone is forcibly put into this situation, but it's not torture. If it is then that's fucking illegal. I'm all for acceptance, which i feel like we have. But reality of homosexuality isn't very nice. It's very easy to be self hating even if you're not anywhere near a conversion situation.

>What do you make of it?
Unless it's just pandering patriotism, I generally stop patronizing their establishments.
I get that they're private entities and can state whatever the fuck they really want, but it only ever works one way. Imagine if Target had posted marketing messages about the sanctity of marriage instead of pro-faggot shit, they'd be in a mountain of shit for it.

So pretty much any political message means I don't buy that product any more. Unless it's just from the CEOs mouth, in which case I don't give a shit. Just don't put it into your official fucking marketing.

They're in a mountain of shit for posting pro-faggot shit too. I walked into a Target not that long ago and there was a really disgusting tranny working a register. Most americans want nothing to do with that shit even if they're accepting of it in theory. Especially the shit with putting urinals in the women's bathroom. Most women want nothing to do with that.

You've been arguing with a faggot this whole time. I'm honetly sympathetic for you and your categorizing of other gays in one of two extremes. I'm going to leave now since this seems to be an issue of self-loathing and I don't think either of us are going to convince each other of anything. The "Modern Family" functional gay is very real and very prominent and I hope it's not too late for you to have a change of heart.

Loved chick fil a so much after that. There are 0 degenerate faggots in chick fil a. Everything is normal and pleasant

>The "Modern Family" functional gay is very real and very prominent
No, it isn't. I'd say maybe, maybe 10% of all gays could really pass as the prime time idea of gays.

>this seems to be an issue of self-loathing
when the only argument you have is trying to psychoanalyze your opposition then you have no argument

>psychoanalyze

>sad faggots like me who try not to engage in that shit. It's not fun being sexually dysfunctional despite what idiots tout.
>But reality of homosexuality isn't very nice. It's very easy to be self hating even if you're not anywhere near a conversion situation.
not him, but you kinda spelled it out for the thread
>No, it isn't
what part of the world/USA are you in?

>I AM SILLY

>Every organization or opinion I don’t like is racist or homophobic.

Well, OP, in the USA, you do not see polarizing as much. You do however see a lot of support for the military like national patriotic holidays where there are statements of gratitude towards them, or discounts. Poliltical puns, not really. There are some privately owned chains that have some hiring or training practices that bug other political party, but it doesn't seem to hurt their popularity.

I myself STOP liking or supporting celebrities or like you said, chains, that go political in a big way, because I find it a type of grandstanding that is unflattering. There are times when opinion is just not wanted. I applaud the people who fire the people who mean Tweet about victims of gun violence, for instance. There are certain people who express opinions that border on a total lack of common sense or human decency.

United airlines? Forget it. They didn't pay for that guys guitar.
Carnival Cruises? Never again. They trapped people in a septic tank mess of a boat with onion sandwiches and had 3 offers to get those people off that boat. The CEO deserved to go down. Crashing in Italy? Captain first off the boat? Too little too late.
Blue Bell ice cream. Never again. How many inspections do you have to fail, and how many people have to die over the YEARS, before you decide it is worth losing a little profit to make sure your customers stay safe. Yea, they flunked the permanent morality test.
Adam Richman talking shit on instagram? Your show isn't supported by me, nor your advertisers. History dude. Fame has now become infamy.
Mario? Oh, I like him, so it is a shame he stole from his employees for so long. Shame on him. Will not dine at his restaurants.

Then, you have businesses that are identified as such:
yaledailynews.com/blog/2009/02/06/sack-dont-politicize-coffee/

Everything is on a spectrum to libtards except gayness. Which all gays must have been born as despite no DNA link found yet. Thus anyone who doesn’t want to be gay because maybe it’s just a feeling resulting from their uncle having touched them or maybe they just want to raise a natural family shouldn’t have the ability to pursue that choice. Insecure gays mock and ridicule conversation therapy because it would suggest they may have a choice too. Yet if there is nothing wrong with being gay, why can’t people decide to choose to be gay?

No, it's the insecure gays who support the idea of therapy because it presents a glimmer of hope that they can be straight. There's one of them ITT, just a few posts up.
>Yet if there is nothing wrong with being gay, why can’t people decide to choose to be gay?
I tend to not believe it works that way but I'm not going to fight someone because I don't think they're really gay. I doesn't really bother me. I also don't care if someone wants to commit them selves to a pray the gay away/born again system. My issue is unwilling minors being subject to it by unemphatic and/or biblethumping parents.

Don't they have jobs to go to?

I disagree with the man, his politics, and the company's politics for that matter. But damn it if that isn't some great ice cream.

So...

>Brooklyn trust fund kiddies
>jobs
haha good one

>Don't they have jobs to go to?

An interesting fact is that leftists (and gays) tend to be more educated and have better jobs than disenfranchised fatfuck NEET whites who live in mom's basement and spend their life wailing and gnashing their teeth about "muh shitskins, gays and self flagellating, craft beer drinking whites."

Don't you?

....you live in Berkeley?

So is the beef patty Germany? Because that's the only ingredient with any worth.

>tfw the jews are taking this too far
>tfw people are going to begin disagreeing more and more aggressively
It's gonna be nuts

You are one of the self righteous faggots he's talking about, you are too far up your own Ass to see what an annoying bitch you are.

This "everyone who doesn't agree with me is evil" shit that you push is exactly why people like me hates fags and what you represent, a weakened male lifestyle based around being petty and emotionally driven.

>boys
>16-21
A 16 year old isn't a child, and anyone over the age of 18 is an adult by legal definition.

Ben and Jerry isn't run by communists, the original owners are though.

They're not in a mountain of shit for that though, it's just generally fucking disgusting. Nobody can complain about it though, because again, this shit only goes one way.
Hire all the disgusting fucking blue mohawked transgender queer weirdo fucks in the world, but complain about it once and suddenly you're hitler.

Who the fuck would want a traitor to the state talking at a college to a group of willfully ignorant adults?

Fuck, you can really tell they've all worked hard on their "thinking really deeply because I'm a savvy intellectual" face.

>pre-civil war 1800's
>1800's /pol/ is mad because people are telling them they can't own slaves
>"THEM JEWS ARE TAKING IT TOO FAR FELLAS. WE MIGHT JUST HAVE TO FIGHT BACK"
>civil war erupts
>racists get their shit pushed in

>You are one of the self righteous faggots he's talking about, you are too far up your own Ass to see what an annoying bitch you are.
Not really. I take pride in being a man and not a "gay man".
>This "everyone who doesn't agree with me is evil" shit that you push
Not sure where you even pulled that from.

I don't make it a point to let everyone I meet know I'm a la la homo man. I don't however shy away from mentioning that, I did go on a date this weekend with a guy I've been seeing for 4 months, and how was your weekend?

16-17 year olds are still at the whim of their parents. It wasn't a comment on maturity.