>wait till the whites begin to set
>soon as they are start to try and slip the spatular underneath
>get halfway under, can't get it any further
>try to lift a little, eggs gonna break
>try to jam it in, eggs gonna break
>egg eventually does break
>try best to flip it now that its broke
>ends up a folded, mess of yolk and whites

What the hell am I doing wrong? Why the fuck do my eggs not want to flip? Is the yolk like 500 pounds? Is it made of glue?

Are you trying to get eggs like pic related? Then you shouldn't flip them. Those eggs aren't flipped...

practice, practice, practice

I got fed up and just poach them now.

Whenever I try to do that there's a 50/50 chance it works out. Tip: put just a little butter next to the side that won't flip so that it bubbles and gets under the egg some. Good luck user, I believe in you

Yes those are flipped. The op was not though. I prefer them unflipped, high heat then back down to low when they start to sizzle. Gets a brown bottom and gooey yolks. Yum. I only cook them through if I'm making a sandwich or burrito. You can get similar results covering the pan too.

So the egg always breaks when your spatula reaches the yolk? Honestly it sounds like a problem with your pan, it should be non-stick and not too used for best results.

I've never struggled with this before so it must be your cookware

This website never ceases to amaze me how retarded some of you are.

Covering the pan has always been my method, the egg keeps its shape this way and isn't at risk of the yolk bursting. The steam in the pan cooks the top

It doesn't have a lid

This is my pan

After you put the eggs in the pan, scrape off most of that gross egg white shit off to the side of the pan and you will be left with a manageable disk to flip. See all that crispy burned shit ? No one wants that part anyway

THOSE ARE NOT FLIPPED. 100% STEAM covered

Don't be an ignorant fool of a man. Pink eggs are flipped

desu looking at the picture again im not even sure those are real eggs

Hmm, the pic seems misleading considering you can't even get the food off the pan with a spatula.

About the lid, you don't need one - a plate works fine or anything that will cover it. Preferably something you can see through.

Have you tried a different fat apart from butter? It has a pretty low smoke point compared to other oils, not sure how much this would affect it though

are those marshmallows??? in the oven!?!?!

How do you flip over easy eggs without breaking the yolk?

LOW AND SLOW.

WAIT TO HARDEN A BIT

THEN

FLIP

IF EGGS ARE SLIPPERY, PUT SALT ON SPATULA TO CREATE GRIP

eggs are hard

They are a lot less hard when you go through 18 in a week

THANK YOU

ULTIMATE EGG HACK: never flip them. cook em on medium high until the white starts to set, then add about a teaspoon of water and cover it. the added water allows the steaming process to happen a lot more efficiently, and you can cook the yolk to your exact liking like this without ruining the white.

you shouldn't be cooking your eggs on a high enough heat for the smoke point of the fat to be relevant. a little olive oil in the butter wouldn't hurt, clarified butter wouldn't hurt either.

Fry in sunflower oil, splash the oil onto the yolk to cook the egg white on top and getting rid of the snotty consistency, your eggs don't burn, your yolk stays runny and it's healthier than cooking in fucking butter.

Try this:
> use an oil with a higher smoking point than butter, like olive or rapeseed
> drop the eggs in before the pan heats up, so the eggs cook evenly as the temperature rises
> cook in medium heat at most
> cover the pan with a lid for a couple of minutes. The steam will help cook the top of the egg whites and it helps release some of the egg stuck to the pan
> when the egg is cooked to your liking, try to remove it from the pan with a spatula. If it's stuck, don't force it. Add a teaspoon of water to the pan while it's hot to degrease the under side of the egg and it'll lift up without a bother.

It's how I cook eggs and they come out perfect each time.

>18 in a week
this is a based protein feind

I usually have luck if I stop when the spatular doesn't go any further and give it another 30 seconds, then try again.
>steam covered
Why didn't I ever think of that...

Non-stick.

Use a well seasoned cast iron skillet. If it is seasoned properly your eggs will never stick, even with a minimal amount of butter.

Heat the pan on a lower temperature. Medium-low to low for the fire. If the egg whites start to crisp up and bubble immediately upon hitting the pan, they're going to be stuck to it when you want to flip. Either do this or use a non-stick pan.

Cook them in the microwave. No need to flip since everything is heated equally

Well, I usually make sunny side up eggs for myself, but here's my advice.
For fried eggs, I prefer using oil or clarified butter, because the milk solids in regular butter cook on the bottom of the pan, and causes the bottom of the egg to stick. It's not a big deal when you're making scrambled eggs, because you're moving both the butter and eggs around, but with fried, no no.
Also, if you do still have problems with sticking, (which at that point, is probably cookware related), add a couple of spoonfuls of water to the pan and tilt it around, the steam should loosen the eggs right up, but evaporate quickly enough that it won't cling to the eggs.

This is what I usually do

This makes a surprising amount of sense.

this post is lewd

Is it still intact? First thing I thought was your pan, but dang, if it's coating is still all there, then I'm at a loss.

>spatular

Your pan isn't slick enough.

They need to be cooked at a really low temperature.

It sounds like your heat is too high so you're forced to flip too early.