Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_cheese
seriouseats.com/2017/02/how-to-make-detroit-style-pizza.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>square pizza
THIS ISN'T HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE

u mad roundboi?

>Shit
thanks for the pic. it quantifies the statement absolutely. I wouldn't feed that shit to the starving stray dogs around my property.

I actually got Pizza Hut last week. $7 large special with two toppings. It was the blandest pizza I have ever consumed, even Tony's frozen pizzas have more of an appetizing bite to them. I Just can't figure out how you can make something like pizza taste like absolutely nothing. I didn't feel any more full after consuming two slices either, but I didn't want to go for a third because I'm not a fat fuck.

Detroit pizzas are square or rectangular.

I don't think you're making the point you're trying to. All of that looks fucking terrible, OP.

-it.

How much do you think it would cost to open a pizza joint that's scalable to compete with Papa John's/Dominos/Pizza Hut? Because all three are shit. Papa Johns being the least shit but refusing to make their buffalo chicken pizza a permanent item.

>Papa Johns the best

no one cares about that nigger city's pizza

Kek. is there literally anything that niggers can't fuck up?

Last time I went to pizza hut, I asked for the big dinner box, which on their menu said
>2 square med. pizzas, breadsticks and YOUR CHOICE OF wings, pasta, or a 3rd square med. pizza.

So I asked for the big dinner box with 3 pizzas and they didn't want to give me the breadsticks even though it was worded like that on their menu and they finally told me that the 3 pizza big dinner box is a separate item in their computer and I wouldn't be getting the breadsticks.
I even argued with the (female) manager for a good 5 minutes, read out their digital menu over and over, going over the semantics of the english language, and asked where the comma was located so I could get my breadsticks, they still wouldn't budge.

I'm never going again, their pizza wasn't even that good.

>americans unironically call this "pizza"

Order a Domino's Philly Cheesesteak pizza
Go to customize
Remove onions
Remove green peppers
Double American cheese
Double the steak

It's the closest thing to an actual cheesesteak where I live. Fucking pathetic.

with regular pizza sauce?

No, no sauce.

All y'all need to get off your high horses and admit you'd eat everything in OP's pic if it was sitting on your kitchen table right now.

>Come on guys I'm not the ONLY one with shit taste!

No.

Fuck you, you stupid garbage cretin.

Includes 2 medium 1-topping pizzas with either 5 breadsticks and your choice of pasta or wings or choose a third medium 1-topping

Learn how to read, you fucking idiot.

It didn't say "choose" and the "either" was after the word breadsticks.
I don't go there often so there's no way I could have known those were 2 separate combos.
You can't chastise me for asking for what was written on the menu, stop defending shit business practices.

It's the flavor of now user

Detroit style is the next big meme in pizza.

I'm calling it now and I'm probably already late to the party anyway.

What the hell makes this shit special other than it being a fucking rectangle.

Uh uh nah nigga
Them shits like $6 now

>What the hell makes this shit special other than it being a fucking rectangle.
They don't cut corners™

it's $5 for the hot n ready
the $6 is the extra most bestest which is literally the old hot n ready before they started skimping on cheese

The caramelized cheese crust is delicious.

Also, true Detroit style doesn't use mozzarella, it uses "brick cheese."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_cheese

My pic, however, comes from Jet's, which does use mozzarella.

Before they started doing Most Bestest it was still $6 at the two near me for hot n ready

>Mini shots of oil.
Fucking disgusting. This kills the gallbladder.

You can live without your gallbladder, pussy.

I mean, it looks bad, but I would totally eat it if it were given to me

Actually using the empty space?

Is that poop on the front-right?

hangover special

I didn't order a pizza with SAUSAGE

hehehehehhe id eat her poop hehehau

>Detroit
And there's your problem.

Pizza hut is shit. Dominos is shit. Papa John's is shit. Little Caesar's is shit. I haven't ordered from fast food pizza in close to a decade because at least the local small business TRIES while every single large chain I know of fucks me on quality at every corner... just because your pizza is cheap does not make it worth my fucking time

We found the pretentious foodie faggot.

How do you feel about square cut?

Yes, but I would need some liquor first since I love only eating pizza when drunk

seriouseats.com/2017/02/how-to-make-detroit-style-pizza.html

t. donald trump

Yes, pizza hut is shit.

Just look at that pic. Single slice of pepperoni per pizza slice. Fucking jews. Meatballs right at the cut, will fall off. Brainless morons. Enough dip/sauces in that box to make a pizza soup with nothing but the dip and the pizzas. Bare corners so big literally half your pizza is bare.

IT'S SHIT!

And you, OP, are not only a disgusting shill, but also an imbecile.

>One pepperoni per slice
What did you imagine you were proving?

After working at the Hut for a couple years, I got some info for you all:

>The dough is frozen. Full of preservatives and MSG too.
>Toppings come frozen. Same story as above.
>Sauces made from frozen concentrate we mix in a mop bucket with the faucet for the mop water.
>The delivery charge DOES go to the driver.
>Only fresh topping is mushrooms.
>We never wash the pans. Not unless there's a black, vulcanized piece of food stuck to it.
>The kitchen is out of sight for a reason - they encourage bad sanitation habits to speed things along.
>Our ice machine was molded inside and out. The HVAC too.
>You can actually still get the Mama Mia pizzas for cheap, like criminally cheap and they are much better tasting than all the regular offerings.
>Dominos has PH beat by a mile. Don't eat PH garbage.

No I didn't agree with these practices, but hell yeah, I took the money. Even the manager and franchise owner discouraged me from having sanitary practices. "Takes up time."

There are literally FOUR SLICES OF PEPPERONI ON AN ENTIRE PIZZA. What do you think I was proving?

non-us poster here, do they really give you sauce with every pizza? OP's pic has alot of sauce packets

>not going to a mom and pop wop shop

sucks for you stoplight town. enjoy going to olive garden when you feel like a fancy night out.

You're that asshole that holds up the line over 2 dollars while everyone else laughs at you for setting the price of your dignity over breadsticks.

they make pizza like that in fucking italy retard

At shitty places maybe.

Hand tossing the crust produces a round-ish shape, not square. If the crust is square you can be assured that corners were cut while the pizza was made.

If you're going to spend so many calories eating pizza, why would you choose a shitty one instead of a good one from a quality restaurant?

t. not italian

What does "now" taste like anyway?

>corners were cut on the rectangle pizza but not on the round one
Imagine being this stupid

>Hand tossing the crust produces a round-ish shape, not square. If the crust is square you can be assured that corners were cut while the pizza was made.
Of course corners were cut. How else would it be a square?

very funny, user.

But no, the crust is not literally cut to make a square. It's stretched and formed into that shape. But the point is that it's not tossed in the traditional way.

Not everyone in Italy takes the dough and masterfully tosses it around with the Tarantella in the background user, not even when making homemade genuine italian pizza. There are just as many people with two left hands or just too lazy to learn that maneuver than everywhere else, and then the clever Italian uses a thing called TOOLS, like a rectangular pan in which the rolled dough gets placed and then too much dough being cut off, so you get an ORIGINAL ITALIAN RECTANGULAR PIZZA. You live too much in movie Italy.

I couldn't resist.

That makes sense. You can't toss something into a square. Although could they hand toss it and then form it into a square afterwards?

That pizza is pretty permanent at my location.

>There are just as many people with two left hands or just too lazy to learn that maneuver than everywhere else, and then the clever Italian uses a thing called TOOLS,

Right. That's what I meant about "shitty places".

You sound like you don't know that much about making pizza. Tossing the pizza requires that the gluten be developed to a certain point. If the dough is able to be tossed without falling apart then that is a guarantee that the consistency is correct. When you use "tools" and just roll the dough out there's no assurance that the gluten is correctly developed.

>> then too much dough being cut off,
Nobody does that. The dough is stretched into a square shape by hand. The stretching is part of forming the dough correctly. If you rolled it out and cut the edges off to make a square it wouldn't bake properly. The dough needs to be stretched for the consistency to be right.

>Although could they hand toss it and then form it into a square afterwards?
Yeah, but that will lead to inconsistent thickness in the corners.

Square pizza is a shortcut which compromises on the texture of the dough in order to fit more pizza in a smaller box (or oven).

I know right? muh local pizza meme needs to die. the hate on pizza chains then go eat some americanized shit anyway. it's the same as people complaining that taco bell isn't real mexican food then they point to some hole in the wall tex mex instead lmao.

Oddly enough, muh local pizza places are all cheaper than the chains. But, muh local pizza places range from awful to great. Sometimes hole in the wall places are holes in the wall because they suck.

>t. still not italian

Good because dogs aren't meant to have that much bread, cheese or onion

tfw you have to write out a sign as
2 square medium pizzas with:
5 breadsticks and wings!
OR
5 breadsticks and pasta!
OR
a 3rd square medium pizza!