The only way a woman can be a good writer is if she is ugly and/or a lesbian

The only way a woman can be a good writer is if she is ugly and/or a lesbian.

Prove me wrong.

you left out catholic

/thread

BTFO

>the 19th century equivalent of Stephen King
>good

come on son this is too ez

UGLY BITCH

who is this semen demon

Clarice lispector

fpbp

wtf i love brazilian literature now

Art is exhibitionism. A woman who wants to exhibit herself is either hot or isn't. A hot woman will exhibit her body and be satisfied with that. An ugly woman who doesn't have that option but still wants to exhibit herself may turn to writing. Good-looking men are sometimes writers because exhibiting their bodies and soaking up attention for having a good-looking body and that being all you do is seen as feminine. That avenue closed, good-looking men may turn to writing to exhibit themselves. Ugly men write for the same reason ugly women write.

>flannery o'connor
>virgin wool
>emily d.
>george eliot

stretching it-tier:
>browning's wife
>ursula k. leguin
>edith wharton (i think she has nice prose desu)
>agatha du maurier

haven't read-tier:
>marilynne robinson
>joyce carol oates
>willa cather
>kate chopin

those are the only female novelists and poets in the anglosphere of whom i can think might be worth a damn. i'd be interested to hear addendums and cases for removal.

nothing but net

I agree with this but I feel that those who are attractive and make art tend to make better art as they have a better natural sense of aesthetics. Iv always notice that unattractive artist have a lot of talent and are very skilled at their craft but never put it to good use. Example being that kid you knew growing up that could draw really well but would exclusively draw anime characters.

Pride and Predjudice trash kys

The only book I've read by Joyce Carol Oates is Mysteries of Winterthurn, and it's pretty good. She definitely has some talent.

What is wrong with you self-loathers, that you would miss this depressive uberfrau?

>wittgenstein in a wig
>cute
user, you might want to think about what you're attracted to

Do you seriously enjoy ayn rand?

Seriously. BioShock demolished Randian thought ten years ago.

this
THIS
my dick is out

cannot unsee

Angela Carter

Ugly and marginalized people are the ones who end up unhappy with the status quo, and turn to introspection and literary pursuits to find their voice. Words written by people who are satisfied with themselves and the world around them is never worth being remembered.

she's shit
I'm not surprised that only brazilians like her

it's not the only possibility, but they have subsidy to do almost everything else if they are beautiful. Unsurprising then that they would choose to do something easier and more productive, in their own self-interests.

>dykish literature is good

haha

More like Clarice Dicksucker amirite

Too easy

Closet lesbian if ever there was one.

who dis?

>Pretty girls can't write good boo-

Reread Frankenstein.

Yes. Is this an issue?

Bae

this guy got cucked by Wickham

I'm trying to think of a great writer who seems genuinely happy and I can't do it. Of course nobody is really happy but all of the great writers seem to be exceptionally unhappy in some way. Does anybody know what Pynchon's disposition/outlook is meant to be like?

That's proof right there.

>pretty

>good writer

>a kike
>pretty

well thanks for ruining that

Thos shit bangs tho

No Agatha Christie

Carson McCullers.

She just needs a good "editor", like Jane Austen.

I agree. I would go further and say a good artist. I found out that I only enjoy music made by not too attractive women. Sure they can be pretty in some way, but never too much, the more attractive they are, less likely is their art going to be good.