British food is ba-

>British food is ba-

-d

They don't cook bong fodder obviously.

Baked beef, larded potatoes and the full grease platter aren't on the menu?

Bongs eat shit.

Inb4 404 british “““““““““““““food““““““““““““““““ threads are not allowed on Veeky Forums, because it doesn't pass as food.

Watch the Nigels sperg in this thread.

Jeremy Kyle, kays good cooking

>british cuisin...

British food is unedible garbage. Euro here btw. Fucking Nigels calling everyone a shart in the mart for some retarded reason lol

It's like I'm really on Veeky Forums. Why do people sperg out about Britain so much?

I thought it was German food that was known for being overly plain and simple?

It's not that Bong food is bad, it's that nobody knows how to cook it. Almost the whole lower class is food illiterate, apart from knowing a select few take-away menu names.

London is foreign-istan, everywhere else is now one big Ohio.

>Let me tell you about your country

German food of course is nothing comparrd to french or italian or spanish, but it's still a million times better than the slop british “““““““““““people““““““““““ eat.

T. German

The good ones dont serve British food

I've lived in Germany for four years.

I'll take a good British pub over any number of German places. The best things you do is street food.

British food is easy working food. Roasted meat and vege for dinner. Bacon and eggs for breakfast

People who turn their nose up at something weird, by and large. My dad eats 3 veg and meat every night for dinner and he has done it for 70 years.

But British has also been a worldwide empire like no other and you wouldn't be surprised to see some old nigel building a tandoori oven in his backyard out of pots and cooking some fantastic spicy curry. And you will of course know of some world class british chefs who can cook anything

Scottish is perhaps the worst diet in the world where you fry everything you have for dinner and then re fry it all for breakfast

You still shouldn't eat in englsh restaurants because of their slimy BSE meat......

nomafags btfo

1. The Black Swan, Oldstead, North Yorkshire, UK

2. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Great Milton, Oxfordshire, UK

3. Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France

4. L'Auberge de l'Ill, Illhaeusern, France

5. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain

6. Daniel, New York City, United States

7. La Colombe, Constantia, South Africa

8. David's Kitchen, Chiang Mai, Thailand

9. Maido, Lima, Peru

10. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain

TOP TWO

AMERICA ONLY HAS ONE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Noma is closed.

Putting pasta in tomato sauce on toast for breakfast is a bit weird when you think about it

>British Cuisine

Any german brauhaus serves better traditional german food than anything that has ever been served in bongland.

t. Eyetalian

>Jeremy Kyle, that well known chef
Retard

Honestly pretty keen to try Brit food when I'm over there. I'm in two minds; naturally suspicious, but on the other hand I also fucking hate the /int/posting that infects all the boards I like. Might even blogpost.

>livinginthenineties.jpg

Define "simple". The classic German food consists of either very simple sausage related dishes (we love our Wurst) or the good old Hausmannskost, not haute cuisine but filling and tasty dishes which range from simple Eintopf (cut everything of veggies that isn't on the trees fast enough, but mostly carrots and leek, celery etc and meat and throw it in boiling water and let simmer) over things like Eisbein with the beloved Sauerkraut to things that needs some more time and preperation, a Rinderroulade isn't done just like that in 30 Minutes, start the day before eaitng with that.

I have to ask but what do non-UK people think brits eat?

I just wanna know why we have this stereotype?

Who keeps making these threads?

I'd assume most would say

-FIsh and Chips
-Baked Beans on toast
-Basically everything in the classic "English breakfast"
A big push the stereotype here got through the delicacy that is
-Bread sandwich

Fish and Chips with a lager. Blood pudding. Shephard's pie.

Where's the best McDondald's though>

>Shephard’s
Retard.

>Define "simple".
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I think the "simple and bland" description isn't too far off.

German food doesn't use much in the way of complicated cooking methods, sauces and complex preparations are few. Like most northern European countries the climate is pretty bad for growing things so the cuisine lacks many of the herbs and spices you'd find in cuisine from countries closer to the equator. Of course there are exceptions--I'm not saying that all German food is bland--but generally speaking it's of simple prep and has minimal seasoning.

Compare a standard veggie dish between German and French, for example. The Germans will boil the veggie in salted water, and that's it. The French will boil the veggie in stock or court bullion and then will serve it with a separately prepared sauce. The sauce will likely be a more complex preparation than the veggie itself. It's entirely possible the dish will also be gratineed, finished under the salamander, or otherwise have some kind of finishing touch put on it.

>salamander
Slave State detected.

most of those are meals that are typically rarely had, beans on toast is essentially the ramen of quick brit food (although ham and sharp cheddar usually grated onto it)

Bread sandwich is a meme, literally noone eats it, and fish and chips is drunk food (in which the typical brit drinks quite a bit on weekends) as fish shops are quite sparse.

blood pudding is typically only in traditional english breakfasts (i.e. the north), shepherds pie is pretty good when it's done right.

But yeah, brits typically have a varied diet, salmon/chicken/red meat alongside stir fries/jacket potatoes/stews/soups.

That being said, there is a general trend among the lower/working class to subsist on frozen meals/ready meals which taste pretty abhorrent if you're used to fresh food.

>ITT: A retard who hasn’t got a fucking clue what he’s talking about.

>fish shops are quite sparse
Cretin

Hook, line, and sinker

It makes sense, considering the area that the UK is. Coastal leads to fishing. Inland areas lead to farming. There's quite a bit of variety to be had. It's all very hearty food too because of the weather.

>That being said, there is a general trend among the lower/working class to subsist on frozen meals/ready meals which taste pretty abhorrent if you're used to fresh food.
That's the case here in America too. It's just easier for them to pop some cheap shit in the microwave than to learn to cook it. I'm glad that they have cheap food readily available, even if it's better to buy chicken breasts and cook them up in an oven with some simple rub.

With Sauces that is true. The Sauce known as Bechamel is known here too, called a simple Mehlschwitze, but other than that the sauce is mostly made out of the meat fond that gets cooked, after frying the meat in the pan the fond gets cooked classic way with wine but often just water, and then reduced and some spices added and that is the sauce. Serving sauces extra is not some strong point of our classic kitchen.
Spices are mostly salt and pepper, some clove and maybe some laurel, also of course the flavour given by the onions if you count that.
Extravagant things like gratinating etc are not classic methods.

>hook, line and sinker
I was only pretending to be retarded.

go back to eating bread sandwiches you brit fuck.

outside of london, they can be pretty hard to find, theres only one in my town.

so you retard, you think everyone eats beans on toast or bread sandwiches? are you retarded or just some working class bum i see when I go to greggs for a cheeky steak bake?

Nice spacing.
You’ve got to go back though.

>North Yorkshire

As is the thing with stereotypes, that's what makes it one. Just like the sterotypical Brit with horrible teeth.

You focking wot m8?

You can't save face, chump

>sharp cheddar
>sharp
You mean mature, amerishart.
Nice try but your ignorance has foiled your weak attempt at trolling.

>watch shitty British reality tv show
>Everyone dresses like low rent Kartrashians (and that's pretty fucking bad)
>highly uneducated (can't name their own politicians and have trouble using large vocabulary words)
>every eats shit like pie and mash, fast food, and takeaways.
>mfw they think they're posh

t. reddit

He was talking about YOU, he just forgot the >

While imho fapping over a simple typo is always stupid the order is clear and it doesn't make you look good

>Shephards
>Haha, you said Shephard's!
>HAND LINE AND SINKER BITCH, I WAS ONLY PRETENDING HAHAHA! It was merely a jest, good Sir.

There's wights on the moors, nice try fuckers

The north isn't Britain.

spottted a Britard

>Fish shops are hard to find outside of London

>being this retarded

t. triggered shart

obsessed

obese

he always turns up in these threads.
eternally butt blasted.
it's amusing.

I'm only so fat because I ate British """""cuisine""""" for a decade

how exactly does tripadvisor choose these best restaurants?

t. Nigel

Gotta love watching the butthurt flow.
I'm not even a bong.
:)

Do Brits really do this?

morbid curiosity is not the same as obsession, user.

Personally, I liked the food in Berlin (at actual German restaurants) better than Spanish or French (but not Italian).

Spanish and French is all focused on beautiful presentation but the actual food is kind of dull. German food didn't look good, but it tasted wonderful.

daily reminder americans have twice as many cavities per person than brits.

Only because we eat so much sugary shit, not because we have bad genetics like you do lololol

We're gonna ignore that this was based on reviews from the most plebeian of all review websites?

>bad genetics
You're literally inbred with blacks and beaners, dude,

the real question is how many of those are french cuisine

Daniel is.
I think both the UK restaurants are English food though, unless I'm mistaken

German over French? That's surprising.

>inbred
>with other races
You don't even understand your own language, retard

>I think both the UK restaurants are English food though, unless I'm mistaken
>Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
I believe you may be mistaken.
Call it a hunch.

>mixed race families don't exist
>Americans aren't the result of incest within these families
Retard.

that one I looked up specifically, because of the name

I think the name is more historic than it is indicative of their current menu

>Spanish and French is all focused on beautiful presentation but the actual food is kind of dull

Taco bell and french toast don't count.

Reported cavities, we actually go to the dentist.

>North York Moors

Why are you claiming Portuguese food as British, Nigel?

must be bait

Not every joke is bait you mong. It's a worn out shit meme kicked off by historically illiterate and politicised /v/niggers, but a meme nonetheless.

>outside of london, they can be pretty hard to find

that's not at all my experience having lived in Lincolnshire, Nottingham, Yorkshire, Lancashire, and Greater Manchester. Always a chippy about.

But yes you're right about the diet in general. Most people I've known eat really varied fresh food. Not like we're short on influences, we have a rich history. Apart from the basic bitch underclass who can't cook and eat processed garbage.

There are brash morons who revel in being common as muck. Everywhere has their own chav/ned/bogan/guido/redneck. Even the mainland western europeans have those lads into jumpstyle that wear too much hair gel. If there's a word for them?

No idea, sounds like a load of bollocks 2 b honest.

>germanicbro insulting the most successful germanic people
Jealous? :^)

>1 shitty restaurant award makes up for centuries of this

Who do you think reports cavities? It's a revelation, but it turns out it's those who diagnose them - dentists. And the reason amerilards have more is they're already up to their ears in debt, have no dental insurance because the premiums only pay for a yearly checkup and you have to pay $400.00 or more for a cavity filling and simply wait until the pain becomes unbearable or pull the fucker themselves like I do. I don't do sugar so I haven't had an issue (only had to pull one tooth myself) but I know people who are in thousands of dollars debt for dental work. And guess what? They had dental "insurance," lol.

>Why do people sperg out about Britain so much?
A tiny island nation managed to cuck everyone at some stage, penis envy perhaps?

>(you)

Read a history textbook about Anglo-French history

british "food"? you mean murca tier slop with funny names?

Takeaway curry and ready-meals from Marks and Sparks, mostly.

I've never heard of anyone doing that. But beans on toast can be amazing if done right.

you take that back bastard

Doesn't actually look bad.

>How does a website whose entire purpose is to let people rate places they have visited, such as restaurants, know which places people consider the best?

It's a mystery we will never solve, user.

Not bad. A bit heavy on the seafood for my taste personally, but I wouldn't turn it down.

Like everything in the UK, there is a significant gap between "rich" and "poor".

If you have money you will eat like a king, if not then your experience won't be as brilliant. It's really that simple. The UK is a country of monetary extremes.

>t. totally not an american

Very debatable

What is sour butter? Do they let it ferment or just mix it with vinegar or something?

At a guess, butter made from a soured cream?

That's a pretty comfy looking meal

No.