Greetings Veeky Forums i'm not sure where should i post it so i decided to make a thread. bear with me

greetings Veeky Forums i'm not sure where should i post it so i decided to make a thread. bear with me
some time ago i ate friend crab sticks. they gave me a special dip sauce and i've been trying to find a recipe for it but failed. it's had a semi-transparent pink/red colour and i know for sure that it had pineapple in it. perhaps you know which one i'm talking about

Other urls found in this thread:

copykat.com/2015/04/30/sweet-and-sour-sauce-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm more concerned that you would eat your friend.

how did my finger even get to that "n"...

What like a pineapple sweet and sour sauce?

something different. it wasn't salty at all

maybe this will help a bit:
something like this
copykat.com/2015/04/30/sweet-and-sour-sauce-2/
but a bit different

It sounds like it might have been Thai sweet chili sauce, though that doesn't always contain pineapple. You can buy that stuff at any supermarket.

Sweet and sour that's salty? You must've had a different one than the ones I had.

nope. definitely no chili in there. wasn't even a bit spicy

there's a variation which adds pineapple, ketchup, garlic, soy sauce etc
but if you can give a recipe, i might be able to tell from the ingredients

>not consuming your best compadres.

I can't believe you're eating these
I made the mistake of getting those before and couldn't take a second bite
Fucking disgusting

>wasn't even a bit spicy
Despite its name having the word chili in there it is extremely mild.

Anyway, do you know the name of the restaurant you got those from? Why not look the place up and see what they call it.

i know but i would feel that chili taste. this had 0 spiciness
also i was traveling so going there and asking is not an option

mybe tell what kind of restaurant, the name of it. or where you were traveling.
have you tried doing an internet search for pineapple dipping sauce?
heres one I found for cab ragoons
Pineapple Dipping Sauce

½ cup canned pineapple, drained and chopped
2 cloves garlic
½ red pepper, chopped
¼ tsp. dried red chili flakes (more if you prefer it to be spicy)
1 cup white vinegar
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup water
just omit the peppers and use a red vinegar.

Combine pineapple, garlic, red pepper and chili flakes in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Pour mixture into a pan and add vinegar, sugar and water. Heat over medium heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking until mixture thickens and becomes a clear, shiny red color, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.

>also i was traveling so going there and asking is not an option
It's like you aren't aware of this technology called the telephone....

like i said, there was no spiciness in it. no garlic, chili, pepper or anything similar. it was more like
this one

except you assumed that it was some decent restaurant with their own fb page or something. no it wasn't. it was a mobile food stand, managed by some Asian of unknown origin and somewhere between a hundred similar places in the middle of Taiwan

>except you assumed that it was some decent restaurant

Yes, that's true, I did. Because you did not mention the most fucking important part of the conversation until just now: Taiwanese street food stand.

Your inability to contact them has nothing to do with "traveling". It has to do with "food stand".

Anyway, it should be simple for you to find a suitable recipe given the all-important tidbit: Taiwan street food.

>it should be simple for you to find a suitable recipe given the all-important tidbit: Taiwan street food.
and yet there's not a single decent recipe listed on google

Mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice & black pepper. It's called seafood cocktail sauce

Sorry chalk that up to life... somethings just happen once.

>flyover detected