Latin American Food

What's it like? Obviously must be very varied. Best dishes?
Every

Plantains with queso fresco is pretty good. Just a small snack though. Plantains in general are amazing, but I prefer dishes with sweet plantains to green. A lot of good stews too.

Tamales
Jalea
Empanadas
Pataconas

every country has some sort of rice + beans + meat combination

>Chile
>food
lmao

Chile has the pisco (an alcohol spirit) and the dulce de leche tho

Colombian food has a considerably larger amount of fruit than I expected

okay for one thing you're fucking racist we don't all eat the same food and for another thing try a plantain they are the best ever

>be traveling through Brazil
>get served literally the same stuff everywhere I go
>same disgusting rice and beans and shitty meat
>some people mix rice, beans, potatoes and pasta making food a carb explosion
>there are Brazilians defending this kind of food
I expected more from them.

[spoiler] UMA DELICIA [/spoiler]

Why is Latin American cuisine so meat heavy?

From Brazil? I mean, roaming gangs of monkeys and the such.

lol im sad to inform you that you wasted you trip eating everyday food, the Prato Feito. Try sopa de macaco next time

>obviously must be very varied

i know what a fucking plantain is

Is that fruited/sweet corn?

>dude carbs are bad lmao

UMA

mexican food is like mexican music. the same handfull of infringements rearranged to look distinctive, but ultimately feels all the same.

Colombian empanadas are fucking gross compared to any of the carribean countries'.

Also, does anyone actually like yucca?

Frango com quiabo, Brazil

Feijão tropeiro

Churrasco

this mothers*cker might not look all that tasty at first glance, but its the most delicious, satisfying, nutritious and fuckall great meal ever, and it comes from Chile.

oh, also its so patrician, that you can sprink it with: salt, sugar, or both (i prefer the latter, its an incredible taste).

hah, when i was visiting a friend in bogota, she said something like "let's not eat colombian food, it's always rice and beans" but she did take us to her favourite ajiaco spot which was amazing

forgot pic

>putting salt and Chile on fruit
Marranitos

Spanish influence, and you know how much those Spaniards love their meat. They have like 40 different kinds of ham alone.

Stir fried beef and vegetables with rice

These are fantastic. They are cow heart skewers bathed in this fantastic spicy sauce

Chicken in a creamy chilli sauce. This is an everyday lunch dish

Did you try the sopa de macaco?

Colombian food is great and very, very cheap (compared to the States). I would order bandeja paisa for breakfast or lunch and that would be an ungodly amount of food. Pic related.

Is it spicy?

Apart from the rice that looks great.

You guys need to try this.
Bolo de rolo (Brazil).

what are these

really? always heard it was bland. that's good to hear though.

> (You)
> (You)
>what are these

Frango com quiabo is a Chicken and Okra stew. Tropeiro is a variety of meats mixed with pork rind, beans and cassava flour.