Should we learn Latin first or Greek first?

Should we learn Latin first or Greek first?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackettpublishing.com/lingua-latina-per-se-illustrata-series
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ΠΛΣ ΡΕΣΠΟΝΔ

Latin first. Greek will still fuck you up afterwards but it'll be gentler. I recommend Lingua Latina. When you're all done with that, De Bello Gallico. Then try Livy.

Why would Greek fuck me up?

>we

Anyway, learn the one that interests you more. Some people may say that Latin is easire than Greek and so you should start with it first, but if you are more interested and hyped for Greek than for Latin, then use that to improve your learning experience. It's not like Latin is a prerequisite for Greek. Sure, it makes the grammar easier, but if you already know some grammar or are not a resourceless idiot, Greek won't be much of a problem.

The verbal system and its use, mostly. It does snap into place (i was taken by surprise) eventually..

depends, are you a young boy?

How many hours does it take to be "decent" (able to understand the easiest classics) in each language?

Nice one.

>disclaimer: I have the age required to post on Veeky Forums

>Lingua Latina

Looks amazing.

Cyrillic desu

Latin. Learning one will make the other much much easier so you might as well start with the language using your native alphabet. However there's a lot less to read with Latin unless you're interested in the church

ΠΛΖ ΡΕΣΠΟΝΤ

ΝΤ = D
ΔΕ = the

>modern Greek

CHAЧAЛA BЫУЧИTE PУCCКИЙ, ПИДOPЫ!

can you give me the isbn on those?

hundreds of hours, impossible to say seeing how it depends largely on the languages you already know/your personl learning speed/your consistensy in regards to daily practising.

expect a few years

>back to bydlo

It just might be overwhelming at the start. The morphology is a lot more complex than Latin. In that sense, Latin is more accessible. Latin's vocabulary is also obviously much easier to learn. Latin syntax is actually quite a bit harder, though.

The JACT books do a great job of easing you into Greek, and an even better job of gradually removing the training wheels.

>tfw greek

lmaoing @ all of you who have to learn my language

hes an anglo

greek really isnt that difficult...100 years ago every middle class 12 year old could do it...today it's "dude greek is really challenging and scary, you can't do it unless you have a phd, and even you might still get hurt!"

hackettpublishing.com/lingua-latina-per-se-illustrata-series

This site has them all.

Two years of solid study, minimum. Though it depends on what said. Still, if you really want it, it will be worth it and you will also enjoy the process.

>not learning the languages that most echoed through your gene pool for centuries