What side dish should i cook for my husband to take to work?

What side dish should i cook for my husband to take to work?
I'm going to pack a steak for him, so it should go with that (yeah, i think reheated steaks are gross, too, but he frequently requests it).

I got 30 mins left, then i'll have to go to bed.
Thought about basic rice or pasta, but that's so boring.

Any good ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507884716100.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mashed potatoes.

Show bobs

This, for no real reason. Add peas and sweetcorn with good butter. Maybe melt over some cheddar.

Baked potato is the thinking man's side dish, but since you fucked up and waited until the last minute, steamed asparagus with garlic butter is a suitable choice.

He oddly doesn't like mashed potatoes...

Baked potatoes reheat like shit though.
Yeah, my bad. I though there would be leftovers from dinner but we had surprise guests over and that kind of threw over my whole plan.

Anything that's more starch based? He need a lot of energy for work... or maybe a good way to reheat baked potatoes when he has just a microwave?

>Baked potatoes reheat like shit though.

Is your husband as much of a faggot as you?

Well, can you tell me how to do it in a MICROWAVE without drying it out?

>reheated steaks are gross, too, but he frequently requests it
>He oddly doesn't like mashed potatoes

What a fucking manbaby.

So what, he likes what he likes. I'm not his mom, trying to get gim to eat what i want him to eat.

If you have milk and cheese and such, scalloped potatoes reheat pretty well in a microwave.

>husband is too big of a baby to make his own lunch
>doesn't like simple foods like mashed potatoes
>likes microwaved steak
You're either married to a 12 year old or a huge manchild. You need to divorce him, and then marry me instead.

Good idea, but that would take too long. I already packed him pasta. But i'll do that another time. Thanks for the idea.

It's only fair that i'm responsible for the cooking and food. He goes to work, i stay on top of the household, cook and look after the kids. I don't see how that makes him a baby in any way...

He dislikes the texture and that's ok with me.

Not going to lie, sometimes i wish he was a bit more adventurous when it comes to food, but nobody's perfect.

>having a woman that takes care of the house for you makes you a child

you're a faggot, no one will EVER marry you.

Just cook up a bunch of frozen veggies and dump them into his lunches along with the steak. Maybe add some butter to them. I like cauliflower and broccoli. If he doesn't like potatoes (wtf) or vegetables then you're basically left with making some sort of pasta. Dinosaur mac and cheese, since he sounds like a complete manchild.

I'm already married, kiddo. I make my own lunch because I'm not a faggot. In fact, we all make fun of a guy at work because his wife packs his lunch and he gets all excited when she puts stuff he likes in it, like he's a 10 year old getting amped because mommy packed him his favorite fruit snacks.

Aww, poor guy.
I do pack lunch for my husband because he works shifts and is pretty exhausted when he gets home.

for example, right now he has to go to bed at 8pm and get up again at 4am. I don't want him having to get up even earlier to pack and prepare lunch and in the evening, i'd rather have him spend some time with the kids instead of doing stuff like preparing food. I think we would all regret if he had spend that time cooking pasta instead of playing with his children a few years down the line.
Guess it's a matter of priorities.

Also, i like to pack his lunch because it makes me feel like he then gets reminded that i thought of him whilst preparing it when he is eating it. I also sometimes sneak in little notes. Might be cheesy af, but i don't really care.

Veeky Forums LARP threads always are the best. The dude always pretends to be a housewife or a wealthy chef
Thank you for the laugh, OP. Please post again in the future about your """husband."""

>willingly bringing more spawn into this 2017 world

You're a sadist creating and sentencing a sentient being to suffering and agony. Hmm, sounds suspiciously like our "loving" god. Please go torture another universe for awhile.

Th-that's cute though

how do i get a wife like you? please respond, it is important.

I can almost smell the triggeted incels šmh...
Anyways, something that always goes well with steaks is spinach, creamy spinach is good

He's eating a reheated steak so why does it matter?

maybe try putting a cup of water (not full) in the microwave.

It's now tomorrow morning

What did you make in the end?

fuck the creamy spinach, just fried in a ton of butter with garlic is good.

Hubby can bake his own potato in the microwave at work, unless the lunch break is really short. takes 10 min? or so.

>unironically using bobs as opposed to boobs
>using a normie meme
get the fuck out of here

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507884716100.webm

Potato salad or mashed potatoes you dumb broad.

Your husband sounds like a child.

You're right, you're not his mom. Don't cater to his bullshit like his mom probably did.

>Not going to lie, sometimes i wish he was a bit more adventurous
Ayyy baby, I'll eat your mashed potatoes any day of the week.

>adults act like this

You sound like a good woman OP. I don't get the stuff where he's as picky as a child when it comes to food but that's it own thing. Have you tried mixing it up a bit with the mashed potatoes? Leave the skins on and make then either creamier/smoother or a big chunkier? There's a lot of ways to change up the texture.

majority of Veeky Forums is female

>wife packs a meticulous lunch of things i like
>cute little note on the napkin saying she hopes i have a nice day
>couple of guys try and give me shit about it
>???

i dont get it

BITCH LASAGNA

jealousy

>tfw no Veeky Forums gf to take turns packing lunch with
why is life such abject suffering

majority of Veeky Forums lurkers are female. most of the posters are male. just like the rest of the internet.

>majority of Veeky Forums
>female in any manner
lolno

it used to be anyway.

>I know the demographic of an anonymous image board.
Retard.

"women only lurk here because it's full of MY-SOD-GYNEST-IC & EVIL men!!!!"

This is the women boycotting twitter, ON TWITTER all over again...

lol

i don't _know_ anything, it was an estimation based on my time here, chill out guy.

>This is the women boycotting twitter, ON TWITTER all over again...

Yea. I've been following this.

There are literally hundreds of "Safe space" social media made for triggered & sensitive women to go hide in.

But no. These women have to advocate boycotting Twitter using Tweets. *wtf?*

Twitter hasn't seen this much usage traffic in ages.

>>I know the demographic of an anonymous image board.