Al/ck/ - Alcoholism General

Vodka in waterbottles edition.

Old, dead and sinking:

Reminds me of chem lab in college.. but seriously tho, shit's hard to do drunk.

It's alarming the amount of benzos it takes to put me to sleep.
Tolerance is scary af senpai

I have no idea how you benzo people just walk around acting like they're the easiest thing in the world to get.
I don't want any, I'm just commenting on that.

I never said they were.

An It's not, I buy them from the dark net

>wake up, no drinking
>Go for a piss
>It's 8am, I work nights, I get off work for 2am
>Thinking to myself when I am working (I start at 5pm that day
>Can't for the life of me wrap my head around when I start work
>Sit down and try and concentrate, I knew what was happening, I've had it frequently for a while
>Whisper to myself trying to work out what time I end and start work
>5 mins later, all makes sense

What the fuck is this shit. It's when I'm not drinking mostly, but does certainly happen when I do too. It's irritating as fuck.

Hit my 3 digits lads

Now where's a 750ml of Chopin to celebrate?

In the country where I live (Norway), the state has a monopoly on alchohol witch makes it pretty expensive.

One liter of the cheapest vodka costs 50 dollars, so if you were to drink a liter a day it would cost you 18250 dollars every year. Keep in mind that the avrage annual salary in 2016 in Norway was 66384 dollars.

What do you think about this system? Do you think it is a good thing? would it help you?

No it wouldn't help me. I would just make my own liquor and wine either legally or illegally

>the State is taking away your money to help you
I'm thankful that it's at least not come to that in Denmark. Yet.

for some reason I don't get any headaches after drinking. I drink 700ml of 40% over the span of an evening. Is this considered enough to get a headache?

Got some blackberry brandy. Forgot it in my car, which is down in the parking garage.

Nearly got cooking sherry too, since it was dirt cheap at about a dollar for 750ml.

Guess I will stick to whiskey tonight.

>woke up 2pm
>gf works from home
>started drinking asap, took shower
>it is now 6pm
>she's drinking now- just clocked out
Nothing will ever get cleaned, will it?

>dating a hooker

>cooking sherry
Fuck. This reminds me of old coworkers in the kitchen drinking cooking sherry with ice cubes in it because it isn't intended for human consumption.

Oh, ha-ha. Good job, big guy.
She's a nice lady.

Blame Frasier.

I used to carry vodka everywhere in a nalgene bottle. I'd drive around with it, keep that shit looped on my hip while shopping or doing family shit. Boy I was fucking druuuunk and retarded, looking back I'm sure everyone knew I was fucked.

You can buy benzo analogues on the clearnet.

Mostly not. Like another user said, more robust healthcare/mental healthcare is a better way to treat alcoholism (not commenting on Norway's healthcare).

It seems like a bit of a price hike would do *a little* good, but at the same time, true addicts will get it whether it's $20 or $50, it's just a matter of what they have to sacrifice in buying other things. And then people who aren't addicts are getting shafted when they buy.

I'd think it mostly just shifts a little more wealth to the government, rather than significantly reducing alcoholism. Wonder if there's a study out there about this.

Confusion is a side affect of alcoholism. Alcohol withdrawal to be more accurate.

So I go out to bars once a week usually and drink pbr, I don't fuck with alcohol outside of that. Been doing so for years now. But why am I craving alcohol right now?? I live near a liquor store and I'm hankering for a beer

That's how it starts. There's a hook floating in those cans, it doesn't always get you but when it does it's strong.

>drinking ever clear mixed with tonic and lemon from a nalgene
>right now
>tfw

>not supposed to drink
>go for straight bourbon because life sucks
Deus vult!

Klonopin and Pinot every night
How much of a wine mom am I?

Only if moonshining didn’t exist

Good work.

Now have a sparkling water.

It would be much harder to become an alcoholic though. You’d need a middle class income.

>wouldn't do anything
>making booze is crazy easy
>cost to make 50 liters of vodka is like 250 dollars if you have the equipment.

>What do you think about this system?
It's stupid.
>Do you think it is a good thing?
No. I'm an adult and should have the right to intoxicate myself, so long as I don't hurt others.
>would it help you?
No. I'd moonshine or buy it off the black market. Weed being illegal doesn't keep me from buying and consuming it, it's just a hassle, the same would apply for this quasi prohibition.

Revenge of the carousel

question.

Would this also be a way to get weed?

yes download tor, get some bit coins, rent a post office box and have the fuck at it.

This.

Also learn to use PGP, and use a VPN with tor.

I use VPN+TAILS

Also good advice. The key is understanding what you're doing and where the risks are. When done correctly you have a very very close to 0% chance of having any issues.

Also make sure to buy from a reputable seller, not just some random. bit coin transactions don't have a "undo the guy never shipped anything" mechanism like a credit card or paypal dispute.

>Also make sure to buy from a reputable seller
This

Also make sure you read reviews from months back and don't buy from anyone who hasn't made a sale in a month. Chances are there is a reason

Vodka in waterbottles edition.
>use gatorade. its just enough to cover up the taste while at 32 oz you can pack in more booze.

got me through high school, but keep in mind you're running a huge risk of getting caught at work/school. I never did mostly because my friends covered for me.

>str8 12 dollar vodka
i cant drink this im a pussy
>6 oz vodka in 12 oz cider
palettable, hmm quite

am i pussy???

I also don't particularly like straight vodka. I mix it often.

People who are drink snobs are tards anyway, drink whatever you like.

nah, that stuff is pure rot-gut. I used to drink 1.75s for 10$ in high school and college, now If I get a whiff of rubbing alchohol I instantly gag.
I still drink vodka straight, but its the flavored shit from burnetts that costs like 12 dollars and is at 35%.

Pussy? Nah, Just don't like that taste of vodka I guess.

I personally just drink vodka with cold water, I love the taste of it. I would drink it straight if I didn't get so hungover and hammered so fast, Mixing it with water slows down getting drunk to fast and keeps you hydrated

I did Powerade zero, except I just used the empty bottles and it was really just 40% vodka and the rest was powdered Gatorade and water mixed in. I actually got pulled over by cops for out of date inspection stickers or having a headlight out with that Powerade bottle right in my front seat, and I was drunk. They never caught me, I'm so lucky. I wish I had never done that though.

Wow thanks guys. I'm a mite paranoid by nature, but this struck me as genuine advice.

It is genuine advice. I'll post a pic of my VPN and TAILS USB if you think were trolling you.

Or better yet, Look it up online. Google "safest ways to use darknet" or something like that.

>What do you think about this system? Do you think it is a good thing? would it help you?
It would probably prevent a lot of people of turning into an al/ck/y, but the ones that are would either make their own booze and risk blindness or get it on the black market
The arguments are similar to weed, but alcohol has been a part of our culture since ancient times so it's a bit late to try and ban it now desu

Correct it is genuine advice. Where do you think all the anti social people with almost no friends buy their drugs? Thank you internet.

Feel free, but nah I haven't thought you were.

Will do. Although I think I grasp the premise for TAILS. I've also heard to never sign for anything when using the P.O. box.

>Mixing it with water slows down getting drunk to fast and keeps you hydrated
High five, user. Doing it like it's meant to be done.

that's interesting. I do automation in QA fr software and screen size is a constant massive pain in the ass. Fucking selenium and not finding elements that used to be there. oh yeah the vm runs at 1024 by 78 whatever

Sorry mayne. Had to delete that pic, I didn't strip it of exif.

I fucking hate selenium

2nd night sober again. I think I'm going to fail again

Evening al/ck/ies

Just another day trying to not be poor and lonely

Oh, and drinking heavily

>tfw sold all bitcoin in 2014 and thought I did well

Anyone ever succesfully moderated by switching to just 5% beers?

They only make me rage and wish I had bought harder liquor, especially if I eat something.

shut up cunt.

3000 bitconins. I made about 35000 profit.

now

I'm still mad

15 million.

god damn, a little over $500k would have been enough for me. and now we're drinking ourselves to death.

Turn it around, boys. There's still plays in the world to be had. NAK is the best risk/reward speculation in the mineral commodities market.

I spent, sold or daytraded away 120 different cryptos between 2011 and now. If I still owned every coin I've ever had, I'd have something like £80,000,000 today. I have £500 worth left.
Such is life I guess. Could have had it all. Instead I've just got 89p cans, and heartburn.

someone redpill on kratom pls

Stop saying redpill, you stupid fucking childish piece of shit.STOP IT.

I'll look into it

one of the reasons I drink

how many times do we have to miss before we hit?

Good to see other drunk investors on Veeky Forums.

>applying sunk cost fallacy to your life

One. It's called going long. Set and forget.

redpill

been sober 2+ years

highly recommend it

still sad though

It's never just a fart. It's never just a fart.

Redpill

>implying any investors are sober

redpill hehe

I’m in the process of getting rid of all my dronking paraphenalia and it’s sort of emotional. I also remember the good times about the martini glasses and the crystal tumblers and shakers and snifters.

Just switched from beer to liquor and I feel great.

I alternate between beer whiskey beer whiskey.
Working pretty good so far.

So I'm ~110 days without a drink and although I don't have any overwhelming urges or cravings, I do miss alcohol.

My question is is it possible to go from alcoholic/problem drinker to getting moderately drunk once or twice a month?

I would honestly argues whether or not I was an alcoholic. I may have been flirting with a drinking problem, but it was only occasionally affecting my day to day.

>whiskey
I drink 1.75l of vodka per day and I've realized that anyone that drinks whiskey is either a non-binge drinker (or beer regular) that is trying to get hammered, or if you're a tramp who hates themselves/ is FUCKED.
After I reached vodka point I haven't been able to enjoy any other liquors, one makes sense economically.
Otherwise, whiskey is best enjoyed/promoted by people who drink mildly and have the money for nice bottles.
Anyone else observe this?

yup

I threw up blood this morning, so I'm sticking to just one bottle of wine tonight.

>one bottle of wine tonight
You sure is was blood m8? Try white instead.

I drink whisk(e)y and brandy and such sometimes because they taste nice, but vodka is where it's at from a utilitarian point of view. Just ethanol cut with enough water to make it drinkable.

I've thrown up wine before, this was a different red and tasted metallic.

I actually did switch to white tonight though, haha.

Yeah I can't imagine drinking that much whiskey, it'd absolutely wreck me. I'd probably feel better drinking three times as much vodka.

>checking to see when truck is paid off
>holy fuck I've had it for 3 years already, seems like 1.5-2years
>financed truck a year after last
>wew, 4 years since last relationship
>that was the last time I got laid

Jesus fucking christ, I need a drink

I threw out all my music, terabytes of hand-picked mp3's collected over like a decade, because they made me more inclined to drink. Then started drinking again anyway.
3 years ago I threw away 3 vapes, all my weed paraphernalia and a £200, titanium-nail concentrate bong, then failed to stop smoking.

Back when I was feeling better I could down a handle of anything, or I thought I could. Clan McGreggor is such goddamned poison that I can't handle less than half of that, I'd never even had a hangover before that "scotch" and I've drank some shitty whisky. Hell my brother weighs just over twice what I do, a real beast, and he can't tolerate it.

Anyone else like Ginger Brandy?

My dad used to give to me to soothe my constant ear infections and help me sleep as a kid.

Strong feels when drinking it now 16 years later

Man, i havent seen that pic since my total war center forum days. I used to steal vodka from my parents and "troll" mod developers which usually involved just making off topic comments in otherwise serious threads. Fucking cringe.

After quitting for the second time after serious withdrawals, I slammed both my shot glasses into the garbage, which felt very liberating. Two months later, my mother came to visit for a week and bout two more fucking shot glasses only this time with measuring marks up to 1oz. I still have my drinking under control mostly, but god damn.

feels good to have been a teen in the time of message boards and irc instead of facebook and instagram though, at least there was some level of anonimity

I can't listen to blues and shit like that any more, anything with a smoky bar vibe gets me thirsty.

Come to think of it I barely listen to music at all when sober.

*bought

He gave it to you to drink, or in your ear?

>3 years ago I threw away 3 vapes, all my weed paraphernalia and a £200, titanium-nail concentrate bong, then failed to stop smoking.
I think that still helps in someway. In my case I there would probably be some retarded part of me that would actually feel obliged to smoke weed because of having invested in expensive paraphernalia. I'd feel guilty about spending the money and then not using it.

>He gave it to you to drink, or in your ear?

To drink.

I used to get terrible painful ear infections as a kid and my dad used to be me mix drinks of ginger brandy for pain (we lived in an extremely rural area when I was growing up, I never went to a doctor until I was 20 when I moved).

So are you an alcoholic now, just drink too much, or a casual weekly drinker? Don't mean to ask too many questions, just very curious.

I always backtrack my life by what cellphone I had at the moment.

I'm an alcoholic.

I drink about 3 handles a week of 80 proof vodka.

Ask away, I don't mind.