Is there such a thing as too much garlic, Veeky Forums?

Is there such a thing as too much garlic, Veeky Forums?

No

Fuck no

Yes

Fuck yes

Not really.

If you are french? No.

The rest? Yes.

Maybe

Nope

No. You can put it in almost anything.
The scent of garlic is actually sexually arousing to me.

>trader Joe's minced garlic
A single teaspoon of this is too much.

Any other brand, or fresh minced? Go bananas.

Why does minced garlic always taste more like vinegar than garlic?

Because you get it from Trader Joe's or an equally shitty place/brand.

All jarred foods are cooked as part of the jar-filling process. That's why they can sit on the shelf of the supermarket without rotting inside. Cooking changes the taste of the garlic.

>cooking is the only way to extend shelf life
It's the only thing that is "allowed". dehydrating and fermenting are perfectly fine ways of doing things, yes they're "cooked" in the sense that they're processed but it's not the same thing.

I didn't say that cooking was the only way to extend shelf life user. I said that all JARRED foods were cooked.

Of fucking course foods can be dried, fermented, pickled, smoked, cured, salted, or preserved by any number of other means. But those aren't relevant to the discussion of jarred garlic.

The point I was making is that any time you see a glass jar containing food with that "pop up safety lid"--such as with minced garlic--the contents inside the jar were necessarily cooked.

>all JARRED foods were cooked
Something tells me you're a moron

>when you are in a cooking board and still miss the meaning of cooking

I'm French and can confirm.

Jarring is an industrial term. It refers to how the food is injected into the jars boiling hot and then the lids are put on. When the food cools the air inside the jar (called "headspace") contracts and that is what pulls down the "safety button" on top of the lid. A similar process is used in home canning. (which, just to trigger you even further, uses glass jars despite the name "can").

What you posted is vinegar pickles. Most of those are also hot-packed aka "jarred". You can tell if they have the pop-up safety button lid. The cooking process is what makes that kind of lid work.

Some pickle brands are not cooked. Those are not shelf-stable so they are kept refrigerated. Claussen is one example. (That's why those pickles are crisp whereas most of them are limp--the cooking process is what makes them turn limp)

But yeah, a pop-up "safety button" type of lid is a guarantee that the contents inside the jar were cooked.

No. Garlic is love, garlic is life.

No.
I made that roman slave shit that's pretty much four heads of garlic and oil and had it with bread
Burned, but t'was good

Yes, the amount that makes it poisonous for your brain.

>The rest? Yes
>what are the greek?
>what are the turcs?
>what am I, apart from a faggot?