Celestial bodies were once named after Greek and Roman Gods and mythical characters...

Celestial bodies were once named after Greek and Roman Gods and mythical characters. Why are they now being named after things from ooga booga cultures that haven't even invented the wheel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rozwi_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because the era of whitewashing is gone.

Deal with it.

Because the telescopes are in Hawaii.

Because the number of roman and greek gods is finite and every culture invented wheels, so maybe get your head out of your ass you neckbeard.

How can someone's masculinity be so fragile as to get threatened by the naming of some rock a billion miles away?

By being rural idiot with toxic mindset who never finished highschool despite having the privilege to do so easily.

That's nothing but a simple fucking lie

Would be cool if they named a planet Jesus or Moses.
Or better yet, Mohammad.

>every culture invented wheels
There's really no rock-solid refutation to the claim sub-Saharan Africa didn't have the wheel. It can be inferred by the lack of agriculture utilizing beasts of burden that the transportation was heavily retarded in comparison to many regions.

Save that for the Earth destroying asteroid we find.

wh*Teoid bubble is gone.

It's a good start, but we need to go further and start enacting celestial body name reparations.
Mars should be reassigned as LaTasha.
Venus is OK as is though, I could see that being a black girl's name

>Sungbo's Eredo and Great Zimbabwe were built without hauling the rocks on wheeled carriages

I guess you believe aliens did it then

rich coming from an albino that didn't even know how to shower or wipe their filthy assess before 18th century

Egypt built the pyramids with sand sleds so you never know.

ummmm...

Fuck, now I have to screencap this and give to /pol/. Looks like their stupid shill theory was correct.

>shill
You believe someone in this thread was paid to argue against you because you were making blacks look bad?

I was speaking more to the idea of no widespread application of techniques that took hold elsewhere early on. The fact you see nothing akin to carriage and so on, but feel free to take this as some sort of attack. Not everyone here is a /pol/-tard.

Honestly, not before this post. This is truly suspect.

>getting excited over a typo
Is your argument really this weak?
They used rollers didn't they? In any case looking at the sizes of the cities that Portuguese explorers encountered in the 1400s shows that the belief that Africans couldn't even figure out a wheel is the most retarded shit to ever come out of /pol/. The people who made pic related were too dumb to figure out a wheel? Okay.

>no widespread application
Sub-saharan Africa did a roaring trade in gold and salt for centuries. Are you suggesting that they lugged gold bars thousands of miles without wheels?

The only suspect thing in this thread is how you felt the need to reply three separate times to the same post you schizophrenic retard.
Also get better reaction images so it's not as obvious you're spamming garbage posts.

Whitey didn't invent the wheel either. In fact, only the Mesopotamians invented the wheel in Eurasia, because it spread from them.

>Are you suggesting that they lugged gold bars thousands of miles without wheels?
I have no idea the scope of their trade or who was responsible for organizing it, but are you implying some terrific empire was wiped out by colonists? If they were so advanced, how did they let their empire fall so totally?

To change up the pace a bit. It gets a little old just using the same pantheon of gods simply because a bunch of rando Greeks did it.

>you schizophrenic retard
Christ, the only language you people speak is fucking attack. It's no wonder everyone hates leftists.

I hope this image is up to your standard. It's relevant because you're both hostile spergs.

I'm not a leftist you idiot. And no, that picture isn't up to standards, it's like you're some CNN reporter trying to pretend to be a teenager. Here, take a Manson Wojak you stupid fuck.

Most of the big African empires collapsed by the 18th century, scholars are not sure why but it is a myth that European military might was responsible. The only European power to try invading inland Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries were the Portuguese and they were beaten hence why they retreated to the coast for the next 300 years.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rozwi_Empire
>"In 1693, Portuguese militia tried to take control of the gold trade in the interior of Africa by invading the Rozvi empire. The Rozvi were able to successfully defeat these attacks and maintain their control of the gold mines"
This is basically why Zimbabwe doesn't speak Portuguese despite being right next to Portuguese Mozambique for 400 years (The British didn't invade until 1890)

We ran out of Greek and Roman gods because astronomers in the past kept using those names on shit like comets and asteriods.
Also, OG Greece and Rome were also on the ooga booga level.

And to add the only African empire that was still going strong by the turn of the 20th century was the Ethiopian Empire. Italy invaded them and got their ass kicked.

>it's like you're some CNN reporter trying to pretend to be a teenager
Interesting, please tell me more. Do you mind if I use this?

How much did these empires really have going on? What factors slowed growth when compared to ancient China?

also,
>"I-I'm not a shill, honest!"
>"Here, have a wojack"
What's next, a rare pepe?

African empires were mostly about trade, Mali sold salt to Europe and the Kingdom of Mutapa sold gold to India. It is little known that the first ever expedition across the mid-Atlantic was mounted by Africa. The Mali ships were never heard from again and no African artefacts have ever been found in the Americas so it's safe to say it failed.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_II
Shows why not exploring or innovating doesn't neccessarily mean you're low IQ, these things are risky with a low chance of payoff.

When the fuck are they going to accept new dwarf planets? They've already found like half a dozen bodies larger than Ceres but still refuse to add them to the list.
Wasn't the whole point of separating planets and dwarf planets to give all the tiny Kuiper Belt things their own group so they could stay relevant without clogging the Solar System with hundreds of planets? Why even go that far only to keep the new group super restricted as well?

I don't want to get dragged into this pointless argument but could you explain why that guy is a shill just because he quoted the post wrong?