Food Trucks

Listen here, faggots. I want to open my own food truck. Wat do?

buy a truck, look into city/municipal licenses for operating a food service company

>I'm just a stuffed corn cake, be gentle

W.
O.
W!

You'll prolly do it like every other fuckhead, so borrow a bunch of money to buy an already failed truck, paint it over and put some stupid name and gimmick on it, like Takoyaki and call it "SALTY BAWLS!" or some other retarded shit, then drive it to an already overly competitive market, realize it's futile, and do your best to sell your stupid truck.

If you're gonna do it, look at what the successful trucks in your area are doing, especially with social media and who they target. That's the biggest part of the game currently; Outreach. Talk to local breweries without food licenses, find areas where people are walking around at night and fill a food niche not already done. Easy to hold and stumble around drunk, doesn't cost pocket-change but also doesn't break the bank.

Don't borrow money if you can help it, if you have to don't plan on making any money for 2 years, and increasing the chance of failure.

Plan upgrades of your truck accordingly. Your generator is important, but so is the alternator and hoses that you've got run, make friends with a dude who runs a radiator shop and have him upgrade your lines to Bus/Semi grade stuff if you can.

Look at what people in your area are eating, and what folks are selling to them. You have 50,000 assholes all trying to sell that one local specialty, make something unique, but not so unique that it doesn't get attention. The Arepa truck is a good idea; It's basically a tasty ass sandwich packed into a corn fritter, Americans love that shit. But it's hard to find good Arepas around, especially if they're authentic.

Put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.

get cucked then ask your cuban wife to hook you up with her rich lover who will buy you a food truck. then, drive it home with your neglected maybe-son and dont forget to share the experience of putting corn starch on your balls together.

Stop being a faggot.

It sounds like you're more interested in discussing your fetishes, than in discussing the topic at hand.

it's actually the plot of a much celebrated/mocked Veeky Forums related movie.

He's describing that shitty Jon Favreau movie.

learn to drive

He could just be the cook and have his mom drive him around. Bonus points if he's just microwaving Walmart brand tendies, fries, pizza rolls, etc. but giving them extravagant names. Bought with their EBT of course.

You don't even need good food to be successful senpai...

Savory Baby Chicken Filets with a tangy Butter Sauce = Chicken Nuggets with Margarine melted on top and sprinkles of MSG.

Po-Ta-Toe Italy-ONO- French Fries with Pizza sauce and cheese whiz on top.

>You don't even need good food to be successful senpai...

>You don't even need good food to be successful senpai.

I would
>check to see how much the licenses and all that shit costs, decide if you still wanna do it
>look around on greglist/newspapers for a truck
>put together a menu
>hook up with local farmers and shit

farm fresh and gluten-free, non GMO shit is huge right now

My name a chef

DEEP FRIED PICKLE RICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WUBBALUBBA DUBBLE CHEESEBURGERS

apart from what said:
- Think about where you live. Is the rent high? is it LA or Seattle? Are there large factories, stadiums, convention centers, commercial districts? You've got a fighting chance.
On the other hand, if the rent's low and you can't go chasing shift changes or sellout crowds, even a used truck is likely more expensive than rehabilitating a dive bar without adding anything.
- Your twist can be your background, and this DOES include the concepts, if not the implementations, of people who think they're memeing. Most successful businesses I've seen have either been:
* Home food for workers who are far from home. The taco truck is the obvious example but you could also do well with things like a legit New York or Philly cart doing hot dogs/cheesesteaks, gyros, pretzels, etc. You kind of want to be part of the ingroup for this one, if only to have a good idea of where to park.
* Fusion. You don't have to be either one, just have a compelling story (and ideally don't spend more than the cost of your truck marketing Tommy Jones from Minneapolis's Completely Authentic Cambodian According To Google Except Without Rat Meat Like Our Competitors.) And there's plenty of room for flyover-whatever fusion, the average non-chain diner in LA lets you choose a burrito or cheeseburger alongside your french fries.
- Know people who are already working in the business. Cooking in one of those things is pure masochism, and knowing where to find masochistic staff is invaluable.

If you are in Texas dont bother. Illegals just shit out tacos from their campers and dont know about city zoning or taxes and you will never, ever compete with them. You need to make a meme food that caters to your local demographic. Here was have "thr waffle bus" sells waffle fries, waffles and chicken all for 16 dollars a plate. Whethet your food truck is successful is based solely on luck.

>W.O.W!
I wasn't aware Chad ran a food truck