Are there any farmed fish that aren't garbage quality either nutritionally, ethically, or culinarily?

are there any farmed fish that aren't garbage quality either nutritionally, ethically, or culinarily?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dWtNZ5xUNNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Catfish.

>ethically
Fucking treehuggers.

not op but i unironically get sad imagining animals i eat caged in a shit barn cage thing like you see the chickens and pigs in
that said, fuck tree huggers. i'm still gonna eat them just don't show me that shit

>just don't show me that shit
Don't be a coward, you should know what's going on. I eat meat but I don't eat it too often and I make sure to never waste it, and I'll switch to cultured/lab-grown meat when it's available as long as the nutrition is the same. The companies are saying they're going to sell the meat without iron in it which kind of bothers me since I don't eat it too often so I can use that extra bit of iron once in a while.

Tasmanian Atlantic salmon.

youtu.be/dWtNZ5xUNNY

Literally all of them.
What, swimming around in the garbage-filled ocean somehow makes those fish taste better?

>just don't show me that shit
Shut up, pussy

This, catfish thrive in farm ponds.

Just make sure you buy American and not Chinese.

farmed catfish is shit and anyone who thinks otherwise has never had a river cat

I've had both and it really depends on what you feed them just like everything else.

For me it's the Tilapia

No.
I hate to say that, because I'd love to see farmed fish be better, but it's not. Buy wild, and buy pole caught if you're buying big fish like tuna.

> the fish highest in cholesterol and contaminants
Good job.

>I hate the environment!
>You know, that thing I and everyone I know and love lives in.
The absolute state of conservitards everybody.

Those are just buzzwords to keep you out of a cheap ticket to flavor town

>Just make sure you buy American and not Chinese.
lol
All the protectionist bullshit was discredited years ago, friend.

Basa is a tasty vietcat. Just plug your ears to deaden the pointlessly incessant whining and shilling from others.

*teleports*

yep. Best fish, next to mullet

i didn't phrase it well in OP but in fact my intent with mentioning "ethically" is: fish that are fed a proper diet. distinguishing against shit like farmed salmon that gets fed fucking corn, and then which they have to dye to make it look like real, healthy salmon

>are there any farmed fish that aren't garbage quality either nutritionally, ethically, or culinarily?

Absolutely. But they are very expensive.

how do you identify them though

No. Farmed fish doesn't get all the bugs and shit that they need for healthy colored and tasty flesh. That's why farmers add astaxanthin to the meat to make it richly colored like wild-caught fish is due to better diet.

Ask your fishmonger about the source of the fish they have to sell. Any fish seller worth a damn will know their sources and will be picky about them. Explain your concerns and they should have no problem hooking you up. If they don't or can't then I wouldn't buy any fish from them--that would be the sign of a fishmonger who is either inept or doesn't care. And if they're in that category then who knows what other shit they might be pulling.

Yes, Asia is very well known for their many regulations and quality of their food products