Why does Veeky Forums hate Kafka?

Why does Veeky Forums hate Kafka?

Because he reminds them of themselves.

Thought on "in the penal colony"?

his books make the top 100 charts all the time, including the most recent one

>Veeky Forums is one person

It is. That would be me. And I love Kafka.

Wow. This is a lot better than Veeky Forums's previous top 100 charts if you ask me. I've seen one where Infinite Jest was #1

But I love Kafka

Really good, I think it's my favorite short story of him

Isn't adding Shakespeare's complete works cheating?

That's what I thought. Imagine if one of the entries was Dubliners/APOTAAYM/Ulysses/FW

BRUH, LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Everyone has to rage against the father. They loved him when they were fresh lit babies. Now they look at him with disdain as rebellious fools trying to reinvent what needs no reinvention. Just recognize and move on.

I love him

I'm Kafka's dad

I lurk here infrequently.

Did Veeky Forums go from deciding Infinite Jest was a classic to deciding it was shit purely because of memes in both cases?

never heard of Hadji Murat but after doing a quick search, i might have to pick it up

also, Ulysses at number one? I'll have to pick that up too

good list, Veeky Forums

People love Kafka here. Don't know what you're talking about, OP.

Why do you keep making "Why does Veeky Forums hate [Author]" threads? What's the point? Autism? Polling data? What is it?

>Did Veeky Forums go from deciding Infinite Jest was a classic to deciding it was shit purely because of memes in both cases?
Seeing current speeds of trends on the internet, yeah, probably.

OP is trying to figure out how to fill out reviews on goodreads without actually reading any books for nerd cred.

Thought it was more funny than shocking. The religious overtones were too general to leave me any lasting feeling. The modernist Kakfa signature of "the age of the end of customs" was too obvious and better done in the Hunger Artist and the Metamorphosis.

Mildly entertaining, but worth reading if you're looking for an epiphany, imo, but then again, I'm a different person than you. Have at it.

*not worth reading if you're looking for an epiphany

W E W

Including the complete works of Shakespeare on any list of the best literature just means there was no process of discernment, that Billy was added out of obligation, even to save face. It's not as if Shakespeare's plays are qualitatively interchangeable or automatically superior to the work of any other playwright. Of course it prompts the question whether most people even read his plays, or rather, how many of his plays the average Complete Works of Shakespeare person has read.

that must be fucking huge

>Finnegans Wake is 5th
FUCKING NO ONE HAS READ IT YOU PRETENTIOUS FUCKS AND IF YOU CLAIM YOU HAVE YOU DESERVE TO GET YOUR NUTS PULLED AROUND BY A TRUCK ARGHGEHGGGAFUEHOGI09423

Veeky Forums doesn't hate kafka as far as I've noticed.