The McFish - worth the risk?

Everytime I think about trying the McFish I realize I'm at McDonald's and might has well have one of my favorite treats, the Double QP with cheese.
Can anyone convince me that the McFish is a tasty morsel worth a shot?

For me, It's the Mctapeworm

It's good to try new things, just get one next time. I like them better than the burgers and McChickens, but then, fish and seafood in general are my favorite meats. It's one of the few sandwiches that McDonald's does better than most other fast food places while being cheaper. In contrast, I love Hardee's/Carl's Jr burgers more than most, but their fish sandwich is dogshit, all soggy and bland.

they're ok in the "reminds me of lunch in grade school" way but cheddar on a fish sandwich is gross

Its basically just a big fish stick, but somehow less appealing.

Just go to Long John Silvers.

The bun is quite good unless you go to one of those shitty branches where they burn it and it isn't soft anymore

They're shipped frozen so any parasites in them are donezo

No OP.
Seafood should only be ordered at seafood restaurants. Catch of the day. Literally. Ever heard that phrase "when in rome"? Its not blackened grouper sandwich, or a blue crab crabcake. It's not grilled dolphin. It's not halibut in cream sauce. It's certainly not icelandic cod in a beer batter with some awesome home made fries and malt vinegar.

So, no. Remember they are only serving that shit for Lent and the weird pescatarians who dine with their families and want to eat fish once a week, technically speaking. I'm sure it's okayyyyy but get the burger or chicken instead.

I tried it for the first time and I actually think the steamed buns detract from the experience. It just made the package as a whole feel too mushy. Ask for regular unsteamed buns if you order one.

The McFish is awesome and severely underrated. In the McDeal days of my youth, we would get immaculately stoned and go to the McDonald's drive-thru for the McDeal. Wednesday was the best day for me, the McChicken Day.

Friday was a disappointment: the Filet O'Fish. I *never* got it, but a (((friend))) of mine would get it every Friday. I used to joke it was because he was a cheap jew but he insisted it was good. I retorted, "then why do you only get it when it's on sale?"

Years later, I tried it and was very impressed. I maybe get it 10% of the times I go to McDonald's, mostly because it is a forgotten menu item or I'm in the mood for a burger or McChicken, but when I do get it, I'm always satisfied. Because it isn't commonly ordered, you will invariably get the freshest product - perfect steamed bun, hot fish patty, etc. Only once or twice did I get one that had been sitting around, and this was not a good experience, friends. The bun and fish patty do not age well, the textures were all off.

To conclude, I encourage all readers of Veeky Forums to try a Filet O'Fish next time they patronize a McDonald's. It really is an underrealized gem of the menu and a nice change, both taste- and texture-wise, from the other offerings.

Parasites are killed by heat, not cold

>Parasites are killed by heat, not cold
Get a load of Einstein over here.

A man of taste I see.
I always order the Filet-o-Fish when it's available, I really don't get why it's such an overlooked item. That can be a blessing or a curse, you can either get a completly fresh made one- or on that lay around already for a while preproduced and then not ordered. Of course the time until you get it is an indicator, it is a low frequented item, so if you get it immediately that is suspicious...

DQP tastes like actual dogshit. McDick's burger patties are some of the nastiest, most synthetic shit out there. McFish at least has the texture of a fishstick.

No. They're definitely killed when frozen. That's how sushi is made safe to eat

DQP is like God shit on a bun.
It's God-tier.

In Japan, the Filet-o-fish is McDonald's staple item and is pretty good over there. Especially their ebi-filet-o. But, in the US they seem to have been sitting out a while before you get them and they are too expensive for what they are. I usually get them just for nostalgia.

get one on lent.
Hot, fresh, good.

That's the only time I ever get them because that's really when I have any interest because they are advertised.

>inb4 this shitpost derails the thread

Cool

There's a reason why sperm is frozen.
They cum alive again as soon as you swallow them.

The Filet o Fish is one of very few things I think McDolan's actually does well. Used to love the fuck out of them every time my parents brought me to a McDs as a kid, but I hadn't eaten there for almost 20 years until recently. Was surprised to find out the fish was hot and flaky, the bun was soft and steamed, and the half-slice of not-quite-cheese was nicely melted.

I still don't foresee myself going back if I can help it, but not too many other places are open, all night, in the middle of fucking nowhere, when I've been driving for hours. Good to know at least one thing on their menu isn't gristle-ridden and dripping with grease.

Hello burger please call it a burger
>sandwich

Only beef can be a burger, fuck off.

????
literally nothing on their menu is "gristle-ridden and dripping with grease" you whiny sissy

The filet-o-fish is probably my favorite MCD burg but around here it's almost at the price of a big mac and you need to eat like 3 or more of them and I'm a skinny fucker so can't even imagine how many a lardass has to eat if they are hungry. Whenever I go to mcdonalds I usually get two different burgers and the filet is always one of them.

>yuropoor education
There's no such thing as a fish burger. Veggie burgers either, for that matter. Burgers are made out of minced meat.

Retard.

Nice comeback you degenerate war-loser. Maybe when the chinese invade your shithole of a country and rape your women America will swoop in and save the day again, like we do every time.

this could develop into something interesting ... please continue ...

kill yourself

double filet of fish is the best sandwich on the menu