I've got a tonne of this dirt cheap 96% alcohol. Figure I could make some kind of home-brew tincture: any ideas?

I've got a tonne of this dirt cheap 96% alcohol. Figure I could make some kind of home-brew tincture: any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoroco
youtube.com/watchv=zsRmrwChf4s
youtube.com/watch?v=zsRmrwChf4s
google.com/search?q=potable definition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unsafe to drink potable means it's engine degreaser probably methanol its toxic

>even thinking about drinking bolivian alcohol

user please

retarded faggots

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoroco

Do you have diet Mtn Dew where you live? I'm currently drinking that with vodka mixed in because it's cheap and I don't give a fuck. Not my pic, I'm drinking cheap-ass bum-tier McCormick vodka.

miss me with that bullshit nigga. op you'll die if you drink it

>Bolivian

Don't do it OP.

user, potable means drinkable
are you esl?

go to chink market or other place of many spices, go wild. danish-schnapps-recipes.com has worked fairly well for me. i suggest star anise, lavender (not listed, around 1tbsp/100ml 40%, rinse first if using dried), and very much cinnamon.

Don't be such a pussy.

>premium quality
>taped on logo
>that container
>that shit floating around the bottom

>packaged in sierra leone

The blindness means it's working!

If it burns red, it's methanol. If it burns blue, it's safe.

Hobo science, can't go wrong.

looks like a high quality operation

>96 degrees per gallon

>most often in tin cans
wew and here I though native rez booze was brutal

get a load of lemons
make limoncello

potable literally means drinkable (as in, no added methanol) you retarded faggot

That's a myth. Don't use this stupid system. Also you can't get 96% alcohol in an azeotropic distillation. So something is doubly wrong with this nonsense.

Azeotropic alcohol tops out at 94%.

But that's wrong, you can distill it up to 97.2%.
95% is how rectified alcohol is usually sold

nope.

>There are two types of azeotropes: minimum boiling azeotrope and maximum boiling azeotrope. A solution that shows greater positive deviation from Raoult's law forms a minimum boiling azeotrope at a specific composition. For example, an ethanol-water mixture (obtained by fermentation of sugars) on fractional distillation yields a solution containing approximately 95% by volume of ethanol.

That shit doesn't happen with even lab stabilized equipment.

Try making it in real life. You'll end up with 93% with a stabilized copper packed column.

95.5% by either CRC or Lange's. That's fair territory to round up to 96%.

Have you achieved that? Do you think distillers achieve that in real world?

yeah

In its undiluted form, it contains at least 95%alcohol by volume(ABV) (190 USproof) in the United States, or at least 96% ABV in the European Union,[1]respectively. The purity of rectified spirit has a practical limit of 97.2% ABV (95.6% by mass)[2]when produced using conventionaldistillationprocesses, because a mixture of ethanol and water becomes a minimum-boilingazeotropeat this concentration. Rectified spirit is typically distilled in continuous multi-column stills at 96–96.5% ABV, and diluted as necessary.

Sorry I actually make booze ever week. If you vacuum distill you can achieve 99.9 all you want.

sorry, user, you don't get to cite ~muh chemistry~ and then argue against standard chemistry textbooks. accept that your lab is garbage soldered together while blitzed, and your technique is best suited to teaching 4th grade, and then you may improve.

that's great, enjoy your evening. I'm sure you're entirely correct.

>potable literally means drinkable
not where i'm from

It's from Latin, so in any romance language (like Spanish in OP's pic) or in languages that borrow from Latin (like English) it's going to mean drinkable.
It could be a funny coincidence that in some language it that same word has a completely different meaning.

Where are you from?

Lange's Handbook of Chemistry, 10th ed. pp1496-1505
CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 44th ed. pp 2143-2184
old editions, but it's not like boiling points have changed in the past couple generations.

I've never read anything more exciting. Good work.

It's not reality vs. textbooks. You've done God's work.

>I've never read
may as well have just ended there.

Remember the last time you distilled a tomato wash down to an azeotropic alcohol? I do.

You really are a teenager trying to sound like you know something.

Don't bother, no one cares, and they wont for the next 50 years.

i remember the last time i though stolen trash cans were good scientific, or even industrial, equipment
they weren't and you should probably return them, jamal. maybe you can get in one of the prison-to-GED programs and learn some basic fucking chemistry.

I actually not kidding, I know you're young and we used to love being "assholes" back in the day. But in reality you just come across like a cunt even when you're a kid. Trump is an old "kid".

God, you're really a kid. Look up BRUTE foodsafe. Oh well, this was stupid and fun and probably taught you something for later in life.

I routinely use 99.5% ethanol in the lab.

You're angry and dumb. Learn from one of those.

also you're not fooling anyone by posting a minute apart every time
is the variation between 1:02, 1:23, and 1:29 because your muh best possible autoposter is a drinking bird

I'm taking to some fuckup. I'm watching Key and Peele and talking to some kid on Veeky Forums. Are you analysing that? Jesus Christ, get on the Russians you idiot.

Like talking to pudding.

You can buy isopropyl alcohol in a store.. good work. Is this "Southern Veeky Forums"?

I said ethanol, not isopropyl alcohol.

I doubt you'd taste the difference.

Sorry, I shouldn't automatically think you're a dumb piece of shit.

It's just so natural.

georgia

I can't see the goalposts from here anymore.

The fact that me mentioning working in a lab makes you defensive and your citation of high school textbooks makes me think you are a delusional 25-year-old with a chip on his shoulder because he doesn't have any post-secondary school education under his belt.

Georgia USA, or Georgia Georgia?

You've figured it all out. Now witness how much everything you think matters to anyone. Thank god someone has spent time to figure it all out.

YOU WON!

u s of a baby

>dat butthurt
Don't worry, you're smarter than everyone. Those high school textbooks on your bookshelf are very convincing kek

I'm sucha rick and morty fan too..! I know so much more than you do.

Not for long after you've opened the bottle.

We all need to take a shit!

youtube.com/watchv=zsRmrwChf4s

Sorry, I love you idiots.

Sorry, I meant you stupid drunk assholes needed to watch something that doesn't matter at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=zsRmrwChf4s

You realize you're duller than dogshit, right?

I apologize. I just like watching children correct themselves and learn.

>please talk to me: the thread

yeah maybe you should learn your own language then pal

? where's this coming from?

Because he doesn't understand that potable means safe to consume.

that ain't me bitch i just wanted to rep the ATL

>he doesn't use molecular sieves to get his ethanol to 99.9%
Lmao

>came into thread hoping for ideas for things to infuse into alcohol or maybe some drink recipes
>it's just some autistic losers arguing about dumb shit no one cares about

Is this your first day on Veeky Forums?

so it's like everclear/diesel, right? neutral grain alcohol? I love that shit, it's perfect for any kind of liqueur. Pick whatever fruit is in season, soak it for some time (less time for flesh, more time for peels), then strain out the solids and add simple syrup to sweeten. You can make some 60 to 90 proof liqueurs easily this way. You can also use it to make vermouth, now is a good season for mulled wine flavored vermouth

>64 posts
>only one on-topic
gg Veeky Forums

What is the advantage of this vs. just mixing the straight alcohol with fruit juice?

make bombs

liqueur is completely different from fruit juice and vodka. As a result of slowly drawing the flavor out of whatever soaks in it, it has a more deep and matured character, closer to a syrup but with an obvious burning flavor. Many liqueurs aren't even made with the flesh of the fruit so much as the peel, and some liqueurs are made from inedible fruits. Compare cointreau to orange juice, they're completely different.

>Also you can't get 96% alcohol in an azeotropic distillation
Why don't you go study some chemistry and get back to us on that.

>containing approximately 95%
>approximately
It's almost like you don't know what words mean.

>Do you think distillers achieve that in real world?
Commercial producers who have been perfecting their process for decades? Sure, why wouldn't they.

You? No, you won't ever accomplish that, because you're a dumbass.

Which planet are you from?

Oh, that explains it, you're a retarded inbred hillbilly who doesn't know what words mean. Here:

google.com/search?q=potable definition

Mix with marijuana shake and soak for a few weeks then strain out the plant matter and get fucking lifted.

haha this board has hit a new low.

an actual argument on whether potable means "safe to drink" or "not safe to drink"

THC doesn't dissolve well in alcohol, though. That's why idiots keep blowing up their houses with butane distillation of "hash oil".

lel, coming back to this a day later i DID look up brute foodsafe
the blue ones AREN'T, only white, yellow, and grey
enjoy your moobs to go with your fucked-up distillation

Yes it does. I used to make a THC tincture with high proof ethanol all the time. I even made an infographic ("green dragon") about 6-7 years ago, that someone on Veeky Forums may still have.

Your fucking retarded. You want high proof alc for tincture. Have you never heard of the green dragon or the gold dragon?

I always felt like it was a waste to use fresh bud to make tinctures. I like to use abv.

If OP is still here and anyone still cares to answer hia actual question, go make homemade limoncello or gin.

They use butane and hexanes because alcohol also binds with chlorophyll and other chemicals from the buds. Do your homework.

I made some kilju, but threw it out when I imagined my mom being disappointed of me drinking

Still here, but undecided. Something like limoncello, I just don't know what I'd do with it.

I think something not sweet would be more versatile...

...I wonder if I can make my own coffee liquor somehow, that I'd end up using.

You just need to make double-strong, double-sweet coffee and mix it with the alcohol.

make vermouth or dry cherry liqueur

I dunno why you're worried about versatility. You can just take your jug and make like 5 different batches of various fruits and herbs and use them as syrups, in cocktails, for cooking, whatever floats your boat